When do they move the dot hours to 70

• Not this year, we our ready for peak 2018

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • We lied, so were going to need you to come in Saturday

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And here, we are still on the 60/7 rule. Have not changed to the 70/8, and was told that we will not.
We have been scheduled (all drivers) Monday thru Saturday for the past two weeks, and again this week.

Drivers who were at or near over 60 hours were used as helpers last Saturday, many of them working in excess of 60 hours.

Our Local Officials are telling us that the new Article 26 language in the Nation Master entitles them to "double time" for these hours, but don't seem to know if they will be paid accordingly, or will receive it in the "retro check" (whenever), or if it will have to be grieved.

SMH

We have been scheduled (all drivers) Monday thru Saturday for the past two weeks, and again this week.

Drivers who were at or near over 60 hours were used as helpers last Saturday, many of them working in excess of 60 hours.

Our Local Officials are telling us that the new Article 26 language in the Nation Master entitles them to "double time" for these hours, but don't seem to know if they will be paid accordingly, or will receive it in the "retro check" (whenever), or if it will have to be grieved.

SMH
How can we get paid double time when we are still working under the terms if the old contract?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

SMH

Under the new NMUPSA, hours worked in excess of 60 will be double time.

But we are not working under that language.

This involves more than a raise, which will be in our retro checks, this involves contractual language change.

I have not heard yet, but I could see them not having to pay it.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Under the new NMUPSA, hours worked in excess of 60 will be double time.

But we are not working under that language.

This involves more than a raise, which will be in our retro checks, this involves contractual language change.

I have not heard yet, but I could see them not having to pay it.

pulled from UPS rising

Q: When the contract is ratified, will the terms be retroactive?

A: The extension provides that all economic improvements will be effective retroactively to August 1

Mooseknuckle

SMH
What they would do here is say "That's an Interpretation grievance, must be decided at panels." Then delay, draw out and never let it go to panels.

Mooseknuckle

MY helper said they told all of them in their orientation that they will be making $13 an hour. How can that be with the outside helpers? they aren't really employees but they'll get a retro check?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
from teamsters website

UPS Contract Update

The National Master UPS Agreement has been ratified, but it will not go into effect until all the rejected supplements have been re-voted and approved.

Following the vote count on Friday, October 5, the results showed that six supplements were rejected. The union will be reaching out to the chairs of the supplements and then will arrange for a meeting with the company. The rejected supplements are:

• Teamsters Central Pennsylvania Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Local 243 and Metro Detroit Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Local 804 Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Trailer Conditioners Inc. (TCI) Tentative Agreement;

• Teamsters Upstate and West New York Tentative Agreement; and

• Teamsters Western Pennsylvania and Local 926 Car Wash Tentative Agreement.

Package Division Director Denis T has reached out to UPS requesting a meeting to discuss the contract. We will keep the Local Unions informed as this process continues.

Once these six outstanding agreements are ratified, the national agreement will then go into effect, with economic improvements retroactive to August 1, 2018.

The union will keep members updated at www.UPSrising.org

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Once these six outstanding agreements are ratified, the national agreement will then go into effect, with economic improvements retroactive to August 1, 2018.

OK. So what exactly is an economic improvement and what does it all entail? What is the definition of economic improvements?

I could see raises, starting rates or improvements to the pension and H&W being an "economic improvement," but double time after 60 hours seems more like a penalty UPS has to pay. Similar to sups working or a penalty pay on a check shortage.

Not saying they won't pay it, buy it is not clear cut right now like the raise is.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
but double time after 60 hours seems more like a penalty UPS has to pay. Similar to sups working or a penalty pay on a check shortage.

double time after 60 is a negotiated rate of pay like time and a half after 8. its not a penalty like something you would have to file for (example being sups working or your short check) its an economic improvement.

What'dyabringmetoday???

OK. So what exactly is an economic improvement and what does it all entail? What is the definition of economic improvements?

I could see raises, starting rates or improvements to the pension and H&W being an "economic improvement," but double time after 60 hours seems more like a penalty UPS has to pay. Similar to sups working or a penalty pay on a check shortage.

Not saying they won't pay it, buy it is not clear cut right now like the raise is.

Of course it is. It is only a gray area for the Big Union Guys. Lol.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I predict scores of "for all effected" grievances, if not hundreds (or even thousands) of individual grievances filed when the Company doesn't pay double time for these hours in excess of 60.

Then they will be heard as one (pilot) grievance at the various Panel's, deadlocked up the ladder, then held in "Committee Hold" for years at the National level, before finally being resolved by arbitration.

Last edited: