Work 1000 hours....

vantexan

For example we go June to June so in March we bid for our vacation weeks for the coming fiscal yr. these hours for vacation are earned so once you work 1000 hours you have full,y earned your vacation for the next time fame I.e. June to June.
Let’s say I retired next week I would get paid my five weeks vacation time that I earned for next fiscal yr. this is how it has been but now hearing different.
I hope you're right. It's my understanding you have to work the full fiscal year and to have worked at least a thousand hours during that year. Weeks of vacation are accrued at a certain rate. They don't just give you a full 5 weeks or whatever one is eligible for as soon as you hit 1000 hrs. But I may be wrong. A good rule of thumb is things are rarely set up to benefit the employee before the company.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Of course nobody cares until you're a person on the wrong end of a unforeseen amendment or suspension or elimination of compensations and covenants that the long term Express employee had counted on and served as the basis for their decision to dedicate their peak earning years to.
No. No one cares what you have to say about Express. You know nothing.

vantexan

I hope you're right. It's my understanding you have to work the full fiscal year and to have worked at least a thousand hours during that year. Weeks of vacation are accrued at a certain rate. They don't just give you a full 5 weeks or whatever one is eligible for as soon as you hit 1000 hrs. But I may be wrong. A good rule of thumb is things are rarely set up to benefit the employee before the company.
Then again I thought the 1000 hrs had to do with accruing years on your pension. Not certain if it applies to vacation time.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Keep in mind who you work for, what it has become and the fact that the compensation specifications are contained in a book that are in no way shape or form binding upon Fat Freddy. Don't believe me? Can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make them binding ? Those terms can be amended or suspended anytime anywhere because there's nobody to stop them from doing it.
FedEx has a published Policy Manual that establishes precedent in a court of law. Compensation is not part of that manual except for fringe benefits.

Any company not operating under a union contract can amend or suspend their ‘compensation specifications’ at will. FedEx is not unique.

Nolimitz

Of course nobody cares until you're a person on the wrong end of a unforeseen amendment or suspension or elimination of compensations and covenants that the long term Express employee had counted on and served as the basis for their decision to dedicate their peak earning years to.
Like Mama always said (with a smile). Don't go away mad! Just friending go away. your BS is really really really old

bacha29

He’s also wrong. If time is earned employers have to pay it out otherwise it’s wage theft.
Federal Express employee handbook is like your FXG contract..... Nothing's binding. Time earned prior to amended employment terms would apply provided that you can make Fat Freddy honor them..... Good luck with that.

bacha29

Like Mama always said (with a smile). Don't go away mad! Just friending go away. your BS is really really really old
You sound like another one of Fat Freddy's brainwashed minions who believes that it's a company that can do no wrong....no mater the egregious things he does to you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Federal Express employee handbook is like your FXG contract..... Nothing's binding. Time earned prior to amended employment terms would apply provided that you can make Fat Freddy honor them..... Good luck with that.
Again you don’t know what you’re talking about. There is plenty that is binding.

Nolimitz

You sound like another one of Fat Freddy's brainwashed minions who believes that it's a company that can do no wrong....no mater the egregious things he does to you.
Hardly a minion... LOL but your constant repeated over and over again BS has gone way beyond being old and crusty. Give it a rest already. you know almost nothing about the Express side and it shows every time you open you mouth.

Nolimitz

btw show me one post of mine where I have been in support of Fred or his policies.... You wont find one.

vantexan

Nolimitz a company guy? How long have you been on this forum? This is the problem with fanaticism. The slightest deviation from your fellow employees and you'll attack them like they're managers spouting the company line. But he has more right to express opinions than you do because he's an actual Express employee. You on the other hand are a disgruntled Ground contractor from long ago. Things didn't turn out as you had hoped when you signed the contract and you've been going after the company in any capacity ever since. Everyone here knows that FedEx has used propaganda for decades but ultimately their top priority is to make the guys at the top wealthier and they'll run over employees to do it. People need to go in with eyes open, not have unrealistic expectations, and decide if they like the job enough to stick with it. No matter what the company did, and it did get outrageous, ultimately I stuck with it because of health issues, and I knew I could be doing worse for less money. Every employee's situation is unique to that employee. So if an employee decides it's worth it to him to stick around it's not because he's a brainwashed corporate apologist. I couldn't wait to leave at 55. And feel really bad for today's employee who doesn't have that traditional pension option. But if FedEx had topped me out long ago I'd probably be there now dealing with it. It's all about our unique situation.

!Retired!

I heard today that Fed will no longer pay you for vacation earned ,once you work 1000 hours, and retire.
So if you worked 1000 hours starting June 1 and say hit the 1000 in Nov you could retire and get paid for the vacation time you accrued . Lot of people did this when retiring and retired in Oct Nov etc to get the five weeks vacation pay for the following yr. little added bonus otw out the door.

Anyone know if Fed said no more? Would not surprise me as Imwas gonna do that this fall. May rethink staying around longer if true.
1. Vacation is accrued based on your hire date, not fiscal year
2. You accrue vacation per month worked, not based on 1000 hours. 1000 in the fiscal year is to get money into your pension.
3. You get paid for any accrued vacation hours when you leave

Most people plan retirement late November/early December so they know they will get credit for another year in their pension.

If you are hired Jan 1, 2000. Jan 1, 2020 you hit 20 years and have 5 weeks vacation. If you have not used any vacation time from 6/1/19 to 1/1/20, you will get paid for 9 weeks of vacation.....whether you retire or quit.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
1. Vacation is accrued based on your hire date, not fiscal year
2. You accrue vacation per month worked, not based on 1000 hours. 1000 in the fiscal year is to get money into your pension.
3. You get paid for any accrued vacation hours when you leave

Most people plan retirement late November/early December so they know they will get credit for another year in their pension.

If you are hired Jan 1, 2000. Jan 1, 2020 you hit 20 years and have 5 weeks vacation. If you have not used any vacation time from 6/1/19 to 1/1/20, you will get paid for 9 weeks of vacation.....whether you retire or quit.
What good is another year, as far as pensions go? The FedEx Pension Traditional benefits were frozen as soon as they did away with it.

bacha29

Nolimitz a company guy? How long have you been on this forum? This is the problem with fanaticism. The slightest deviation from your fellow employees and you'll attack them like they're managers spouting the company line. But he has more right to express opinions than you do because he's an actual Express employee. You on the other hand are a disgruntled Ground contractor from long ago. Things didn't turn out as you had hoped when you signed the contract and you've been going after the company in any capacity ever since. Everyone here knows that FedEx has used propaganda for decades but ultimately their top priority is to make the guys at the top wealthier and they'll run over employees to do it. People need to go in with eyes open, not have unrealistic expectations, and decide if they like the job enough to stick with it. No matter what the company did, and it did get outrageous, ultimately I stuck with it because of health issues, and I knew I could be doing worse for less money. Every employee's situation is unique to that employee. So if an employee decides it's worth it to him to stick around it's not because he's a brainwashed corporate apologist. I couldn't wait to leave at 55. And feel really bad for today's employee who doesn't have that traditional pension option. But if FedEx had topped me out long ago I'd probably be there now dealing with it. It's all about our unique situation.
Nothing unique about your situation . How many times did you quit and have to go crawling back ? Six or was it seven? What is happening in Fat Freddy Land is that he still demands the same level of production, precision and professionalism as he always did if not higher while continuing to devalue and destabilize what he has to offer in return. And it's the increasing level of uncertainty and instability along with the inability to do anything about it is why every current Express employee should not look beyond that day's employment. I know that it's a hard thing for some express employee's to do especially for those who have made a few too many trips to the academy but it's the reality of our times and it's not in any way shape or form fanaticism.

Nolimitz

Nothing unique about your situation . How many times did you quit and have to go crawling back ? Six or was it seven? What is happening in Fat Freddy Land is that he still demands the same level of production, precision and professionalism as he always did if not higher while continuing to devalue and destabilize what he has to offer in return. And it's the increasing level of uncertainty and instability along with the inability to do anything about it is why every current Express employee should not look beyond that day's employment. I know that it's a hard thing for some express employee's to do especially for those who have made a few too many trips to the academy but it's the reality of our times and it's not in any way shape or form fanaticism.
you REALLY think it is any different in any other F500 or F5000 company? get a life. preferably off BC