Work 1000 hours....

Nolimitz

Nothing unique about your situation . How many times did you quit and have to go crawling back ? Six or was it seven? What is happening in Fat Freddy Land is that he still demands the same level of production, precision and professionalism as he always did if not higher while continuing to devalue and destabilize what he has to offer in return. And it's the increasing level of uncertainty and instability along with the inability to do anything about it is why every current Express employee should not look beyond that day's employment. I know that it's a hard thing for some express employee's to do especially for those who have made a few too many trips to the academy but it's the reality of our times and it's not in any way shape or form fanaticism.
Here is a story I dont often tell.. After 19.5 years at a major fortune 500 semi conductor facility, I was burnt out w/ corp life. having to sit in conference calls, flat out lying to major customers like Intel, Moto, Microsoft, and every user, I said friend* it and quit a $120yr job with stock options that now would be worth several million.
Did I make the right decision? Who :censored2: knows

I started my own business in 05 in a very rural town. Had a great time the first couple years. had time with kids and wife. Well 08 happened and the :censored2: hit the fan. At age 50 I found it very tough to find a job (DOH!) At 53 I started as a Pt courier at FDX.
Today I'm pushing 64 yrs and have a decent "retiremant" route. still married w 2 adopted kids at home. One may be here for ever if that is the way things work out. We have a nice home in town and a vacation house in the mountains. Did we have help? Yah my wife is a nurse and carried my :censored2: for 2 years before I got on w/ FDX. Sometimes families pull together to make things work.

You constant bitching about FF sucks. get a life

vantexan

Nothing unique about your situation . How many times did you quit and have to go crawling back ? Six or was it seven? What is happening in Fat Freddy Land is that he still demands the same level of production, precision and professionalism as he always did if not higher while continuing to devalue and destabilize what he has to offer in return. And it's the increasing level of uncertainty and instability along with the inability to do anything about it is why every current Express employee should not look beyond that day's employment. I know that it's a hard thing for some express employee's to do especially for those who have made a few too many trips to the academy but it's the reality of our times and it's not in any way shape or form fanaticism.
Twice, but why let the truth stand in the way of a good lie, which is your shtick. You're just a disgruntled Ground contractor who failed and wants to get even with a company that didn't support him like a government program would.

!Retired!

What good is another year, as far as pensions go? The FedEx Pension Traditional benefits were frozen as soon as they did away with it.
I merely mentioned why someone would wait until Nov/Dec to retire. Besides, you will get credit for another year in your PPA.

I ran simulations on the retirement website. If I wait to retire until November 2 and start collecting December 1 the year I turn 60, there will be ~$5,500 more in my PPA than if I retire on my 60th birthday and start collecting the following month. My TPB doesn't change.

bacha29

you REALLY think it is any different in any other F500 or F5000 company? get a life. preferably off BC
You still read what I post which proves conclusively that they are still of interest to you. And in terms of insight and interest they still beat anything you have to offer.

bacha29

Here is a story I dont often tell.. After 19.5 years at a major fortune 500 semi conductor facility, I was burnt out w/ corp life. having to sit in conference calls, flat out lying to major customers like Intel, Moto, Microsoft, and every user, I said friend* it and quit a $120yr job with stock options that now would be worth several million.
Did I make the right decision? Who * knows

I started my own business in 05 in a very rural town. Had a great time the first couple years. had time with kids and wife. Well 08 happened and the * hit the fan. At age 50 I found it very tough to find a job (DOH!) At 53 I started as a Pt courier at FDX.
Today I'm pushing 64 yrs and have a decent "retiremant" route. still married w 2 adopted kids at home. One may be here for ever if that is the way things work out. We have a nice home in town and a vacation house in the mountains. Did we have help? Yah my wife is a nurse and carried my * for 2 years before I got on w/ FDX. Sometimes families pull together to make things work.

You constant bitching about FF sucks. get a life
Oh why did you tell me that Fat Freddy saved you from your own self destruction which in turn explains your own undying loyalty to him.

bacha29

Twice, but why let the truth stand in the way of a good lie, which is your shtick. You're just a disgruntled Ground contractor who failed and wants to get even with a company that didn't support him like a government program would.
All coming from a so called "conservative" but like so many other so called "conservatives" didn't make enough money in his life to not be needing federal old age/disability benefits going forward.. Being a true conservative means that you did well enough on your own to not need any of the federal benefit programs passed into law by those evil, communist sympathizing pinko liberal Democrats. And that explains why so many pseudo conservatives are so vocal and vicious with their rhetoric because they're trying to hid their poverty .

vantexan

All coming from a so called "conservative" but like so many other so called "conservatives" didn't make enough money in his life to not be needing federal old age/disability benefits going forward.. Being a true conservative means that you did well enough on your own to not need any of the federal benefit programs passed into law by those evil, communist sympathizing pinko liberal Democrats. And that explains why so many pseudo conservatives are so vocal and vicious with their rhetoric because they're trying to hid their poverty .
What poverty? And where does it say in the conservative manual that conservatism makes you wealthy? If that was the case there would be a lot more conservatives than liberals. What I don't get about you is you're always attacking the best program Democrats ever came up with. But hey, if you've done so well over the years I'm sure you'll give up your Social Security benefits because you truly believe they are only for the poor no matter how much you paid into the system.

yadig

Who cares bout 1,000 hrs!! Get a union in and fight for things that damn matter!! Fred will still make his billions! Take your share! Run this damn company into the ground! No one cares anymore! If you don’t believe me just look at the numbers!! Lmaof

FL Man

wow true words indeed