workers comp

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So someone rear ended truck been out on comp for 3 years had 2 spinal fusion surgeries. Been with UPS since 1999 was wondering what I should do next. If I went on permanent disability would I be able to collect pension early? I’m 41 years old.
You need a lawyer yesterday

Big Babooba

I'm a RPCD in Massachusetts. I was out for 3 1/2 months last year. The first 30 days I was on TAW. I worked an average of 4 hours a day. Workman's Comp kicked in the balance using some convoluted formula. I was taking home quite a bit less than I normally did because I was considered partially disabled. When my TAW expired I was put on 100% disability. I made 60% of my previous 52 weeks of earnings. Massachusetts caps the amount you can make and I hit it. My weekly check was just shy of $1500 a week.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'm a RPCD in Massachusetts. I was out for 3 1/2 months last year. The first 30 days I was on TAW. I worked an average of 4 hours a day. Workman's Comp kicked in the balance using some convoluted formula. I was taking home quite a bit less than I normally did because I was considered partially disabled. When my TAW expired I was put on 100% disability. I made 60% of my previous 52 weeks of earnings. Massachusetts caps the amount you can make and I hit it. My weekly check was just shy of $1500 a week.
That’s not what it will be if you leave permanently

Johney

You were making $1500 a week on workers comp? Tax Free? I only ask cause W/C is tax free here.

Steamer

I did figure out how to send DIAD messages to the drivers. I would tell them to "pick up the pace because they were killing my numbers"

My on car made me stop sending messages
I would have done the same but also tell them to stop whining so much. LOL