Working during Break - a Proposal

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
As far as I know their is no language that's says a p/t employee can't work during break so long as they are not forced and are payed plus 10 minutes.the ops proposal is ludicrous.
Your Region or Local supplement doesn't have a seniority application, or extra work provisions?

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
You are alluding to the fact, you have won cases against the company.

Or.... you are a nobody supervisor.... trying to taunt people.

I think we know.

-Bug-
Actually im a steward. Ive got 5 grievances filed but have yet to settle one. Ive only been a steward for 2 months. Havent even been here 2 years but we didnt have a steward and since I do have a "Union Family" not UPS but other divisions... I decided to step up and become one. I guess my record is still sadly at zero though. It was not my intention to allude anyone to think i know any secret recipes im just not scared to try.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!

I think we know.

-Bug-
20170925_104945.png

Work on preload and I pay my dues. I need plenty of help and I dont want anybody to think what you just assumed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I think we know.

-Bug-
Actually im a steward. Ive got 5 grievances filed but have yet to settle one. Ive only been a steward for 2 months. Havent even been here 2 years but we didnt have a steward and since I do have a "Union Family" not UPS but other divisions... I decided to step up and become one. I guess my record is still sadly at zero though. It was not my intention to allude anyone to think i know any secret recipes im just not scared to try.
View attachment 157411
Work on preload and I pay my dues. I need plenty of help and I dont want anybody to think what you just assumed.
Don't sweat @BigUnionGuy .

He can be a lot of help, when he isn't making an ASS(umption) of himself.

My advice on these grievances you are filing for people working off the clock, is to keep filing, over and over again, until it stops.

Filing one or two, here and there, gives the Company an out to say it's an anomaly or the they didn't realize it.

Keep up the good work and thank you for stepping up to what is ultimately a thankless job.

~Bbbl~™

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Don't sweat @BigUnionGuy .

He can be a lot of help, when he isn't making an ASS(umption) of himself.

My advice on these grievances you are filing for people working off the clock, is to keep filing, over and over again, until it stops.

Filing one or two, here and there, gives the Company an out to say it's an anomaly or the they didn't realize it.

Keep up the good work and thank you for stepping up to what is ultimately a thankless job.

~Bbbl~™
I know ive read many post on here from both you and him and ive learned a lot. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows who I am and what im doing because the help will be needed and it is important that I do a good job for the brothers in my hub as well as the brotherhood as a whole.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I know ive read many post on here from both you and him and ive learned a lot. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows who I am and what im doing because the help will be needed and it is important that I do a good job for the brothers in my hub as well as the brotherhood as a whole.

Excuse my reluctance to accept everyone at face value.

If there weren't so many company trolls, seeking to nullify every response....

I wouldn't feel the need to throw bait in the water.

Maybe you can understand.

-Bug-

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Excuse my reluctance to accept everyone at face value.

If there weren't so many company trolls, seeking to nullify every response....

I wouldn't feel the need to throw bait in the water.

Maybe you can understand.

-Bug-
I do understand. I wish we could openly speak and meet others on here without that worry.

Over disciplined0123

Working during break or taking a short lunch are 2 different areas. No one should be working during a 10 minute break . There are a lot of drivers who take Mabey a 30 minute lunch instead of a 45 minute lunch but in our center if we take a lunch from like 1200-1230 and have that coded off as your lunch then your only not getting paid from 12 to 1230 and getting paid for the 15 minutes of time not taking.. Its easy for people to say you must always take your lunch which is true it should always be after 3 rd hour and before the 5th or 6th hour . But Management careless and won’t adjust a dispatch to make that happen why . Because no one sticks together anymore too many newbies and milluneums who does not know what a union does or a grievance I see some guys that will punch out before even returning to building or coming in at 745am sorting truck when the start time is now 9am... it’s not right and makes rest of us look bad when we say that 15 minutes of down time was me sorting truck ( well why doesn’t billy have that 15 minutes of down time )))))billy being the one sorting his truck before start time !!!So many rules no del between 12-1 and after 5 for commercial. You have pickup close times commit times .... pickup 20 minute window times and allowed only .15 pm time but have to move 3 trucks to get yours parked in the right lane and take .30. That being said if any of those and more rules broken you are in the office the following day That happens and then your 10 minutes behind on next day and that is 10 minutes of your lunch.

extranatty

I'm glad I created a discussion. Many part timers work 5 hours, commute over an hour, and are given a messily 10 minute break. You're treated better at any non-union :censored2:ty job. Then we have these :censored2:ers who work during break and make everything harder for everyone. It's just 10 minutes people, we should be firing management over not allowing the 10 minutes.

extranatty

He is a Nazi. What would you expect?

Get used to it. The hard right surges every 80 years; Strauss-Howe Generational Theory. Seriously, look it up, we're fighting for you and soon you will too.

Honestly at this point I've convinced Trump is a time traveler and you only have to Google it to know what I'm talking about. Guess what the least energy efficient building in Chicago is? Then we have him telling us in a national broadcast that this is a calm before the storm and something big is happening with ISIS in the immediate future. At this point, I bet on him.