Working Man

Old Daze

I have to laugh. The working man cannot accumulate any wealth because he is taxed to death. Meanwhile, the Jeff Bezos of the world increase their wealth by 10s of billions (circa 2017) and pay zero tax as long as they do not cash in. What a joke You will never hear republicans or democrats speak of taxing capital gains the same way labor is taxed. Wake up!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have to laugh. The working man cannot accumulate any wealth because he is taxed to death. Meanwhile, the Jeff Bezos of the world increase their wealth by 10s of billions (circa 2017) and pay zero tax as long as they do not cash in. What a joke You will never hear republicans or democrats speak of taxing capital gains the same way labor is taxed. Wake up!
Can't accumulate wealth or instead of investing they choose to buy stuff?

Raw

Raw Member
We all saw Amazon pkgs explode the last 15 years and those of us that didn`t purchase the stock in the beginning missed an opportunity of a lifetime!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

If you're creative enough, a working man can become an entrepreneur.
Everyone has the opportunity to be a Bezos, Cuban, Gates, etc.
They supplied thousands of jobs to people like us by taking ideas and having the balls to make that blind leap of faith.

If you're worried about how much taxes you pay, stop going to HR Block and get a real accountant.
You can bend the system just like these "billionaires".

The Driver

I drive.

Oh, baloney. We live in the wealthiest country in the history of the world. If you have a job at a great company like UPS and you can't build any kind of wealth it's probably past time for you to look at the person in your bathroom mirror.

Non sequitur

If you're creative enough, a working man can become an entrepreneur.
Everyone has the opportunity to be a Bezos, Cuban, Gates, etc.
They supplied thousands of jobs to people like us by taking ideas and having the balls to make that blind leap of faith.

If you're worried about how much taxes you pay, stop going to HR Block and get a real accountant.
You can bend the system just like these "billionaires".
You become less frustrated when you admit you have no balls to be an entrepreneur.

Why should I pay taxes on unrealized capital gains? Then you want to raise my taxes in retirement?

Capital gains are taxed low right now. Can you say the same thing in the future?

You will never go broke by taking a profit.
If you aren't paying taxes, you aren't making money. I'm worried about the future. What will unearned income be taxed at? If my pension is taxed like earned income, I might have to work past 55.

My UPS shares are returning about 22% right now. Can't see a senerio why to sell those. Would like to sell out of the 401K tho.