Working Man

If you aren't paying taxes, you aren't making money. I'm worried about the future. What will unearned income be taxed at? If my pension is taxed like earned income, I might have to work past 55.

My UPS shares are returning about 22% right now. Can't see a senerio why to sell those. Would like to sell out of the 401K tho.
Put your 401k money in the Roth.

Ups shares were around $39 at the bottom in 2009

Something to think about.

Put your 401k money in the Roth.

Ups shares were around $39 at the bottom in 2009

Something to think about.
Giving my 401K to David lee Roth will increase my taxes now. I just filed 2016 return. Is a conversation taxed as unearned income?

Only have 366ish left with a cost basis of 14-16.

Giving my 401K to David lee Roth will increase my taxes now. I just filed 2016 return. Is a conversation taxed as unearned income?

Only have 366ish left with a cost basis of 14-16.
A conversion is taxed a s regular income. Unless you are young I wouldn't do it. Just put your future contributions in to the Roth. Or at least some of it.

A conversion is taxed a s regular income. Unless you are young I wouldn't do it. Just put your future contributions in to the Roth. Or at least some of it.
My 401K has been collecting dust for a couple years. It's only there to payoff my residence.

Old Daze

I see the matrix is alive and well here on Brown Café. I would suggest that you stop watching the cable news networks, Ok, How about if the government lets me defer the labor tax until I retire.

I see the matrix is alive and well here on Brown Café. I would suggest that you stop watching the cable news networks, Ok, How about if the government lets me defer the labor tax until I retire.
Ricky? Posting a whole lot of nothing again, I see.

Old Daze

Oh, baloney. We live in the wealthiest country in the history of the world. If you have a job at a great company like UPS and you can't build any kind of wealth it's probably past time for you to look at the person in your bathroom mirror.
I guess no one gets too upset because federal income tax rates are historically low right now. I can remember when fed, state and ss marginal rates were over 40 percent on moderate incomes. This reminds me of all the people that are pro war as long as they don't have to pay for it.