Working Mon-Sat for peak

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think making people work an extra day during peak should be on a rotation. Forcing the young guys in every Saturday isn't right. Everything else regarding seniority goes out the window during peak. You can't bump around routes, you can't file 9.5 ( for the most part), you don't get 8hr requests etc. It's busy and everyone has stuff to get done. Imo it would be right to just have a weekly rotation. And then after peak go back to the old forcing standards.

Good luck with that

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So much for that union brotherhood right? Once you get high enough seniority nobody gives a :censored2: about how the Union has been :censored2:ing lower seniority drivers. As long as you get yours.
Overall, I think it’s the opposite. We’ve all been at the bottom at some point and had to do the jobs and shifts no one else wanted. Forced to come in on holidays, vacation selection, bid selection ect are some of the things we’ve all had to get the ass end of. When you start to make it up the ranks you appreciate how long it took you to get there and the benifits of it.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Overall, I think it’s the opposite. We’ve all been at the bottom at some point and had to do the jobs and shifts no one else wanted. Forced to come in on holidays, vacation selection, bid selection ect are some of the things we’ve all had to get the ass end of. When you start to make it up the ranks you appreciate how long it took you to get there and the benifits of it.
Every old guy I've talked to said they never had to come in on Saturdays like they do now. You guys used to get the Friday after Thanksgiving off etc. Old guys worked 20 years of their career in the golden age if UPS. No telematics, much lower stop count. Lighter packages. No NDA for a long time. You could cut your grass during the day etc. Now that all this new stuff is coming down the pipe you guys just wanna claim you had to deal with it before (which is a lie) and point to seniority to put it on us younger guys. I'm not saying you didn't work hard. But I know damn well if you worked late back in the day it was because you were dragging your feet on that 80 stop rural route and decided to take a 2 hour lunch....if you want to point to seniority fine....just don't point to your past and day you had to deal with all the :censored2: we deal with. Because that's just false.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Every old guy I've talked to said they never had to come in on Saturdays like they do now. You guys used to get the Friday after Thanksgiving off etc. Old guys worked 20 years of their career in the golden age if UPS. No telematics, much lower stop count. Lighter packages. No NDA for a long time. You could cut your grass during the day etc. Now that all this new stuff is coming down the pipe you guys just wanna claim you had to deal with it before (which is a lie) and point to seniority to put it on us younger guys. I'm not saying you didn't work hard. But I know damn well if you worked late back in the day it was because you were dragging your feet on that 80 stop rural route and decided to take a 2 hour lunch....if you want to point to seniority fine....just don't point to your past and day you had to deal with all the :censored2: we deal with. Because that's just false.
Sounds like a whole lot of crying. You are more than welcome to pass on vacation selection, volunteer to run holidays and Saturdays, and take more stops. When you get more seniority, be the hero you want to be and do the :censored2: no one else wants to, that will show us.

Faceplanted

Ya..... the same lazy old guys who delt with a 6 foot jump out of the old package cars.

The same old guys who tore up their shoulders trying to turn the steering wheel on pc's with no power steering

Some of these young guys have no clue. I would take 20 extra stops any day to not have to drive a pos 107xxx truck

OrionsBitch

Not...
Ya..... the same lazy old guys who delt with a 6 foot jump out of the old package cars.

The same old guys who tore up their shoulders trying to turn the steering wheel on pc's with no power steering

Some of these young guys have no clue. I would take 20 extra stops any day to not have to drive a pos 107xxx truck
That's fair....I said you guys worked hard. But we have to go through our whole career with more bulk and a lot heavier packages....so we will see who is in worse shape 20 years from now.

W

What The Hawk?

couple questions..

Since it's peak.. Is the 6 day punch still time and a half all day for the 6th day?

Also, Don't they have to ask from the top down if they want the 6 day punch or do the Tuesday-Saturday workers have first dibs on the 6 day punch?
This makes me so damn mad. All the Tuesday - Saturday people get to work Monday (6 days) if they want to, almost all are very low seniority or even new while all the people like me (M-friend people) with seniority don't get to work the extra day on Saturday. It's BS.

PT Car Washer

This makes me so damn mad. All the Tuesday - Saturday people get to work Monday (6 days) if they want to, almost all are very low seniority or even new while all the people like me (M-friend people) with seniority don't get to work the extra day on Saturday. It's BS.
Are you being sarcastic? I am sure you could find a Saturday driver that would trade.

Future

Victory Ride
I am known for two things being helpful, and a world class hambone View attachment 167993
0DE518F6-AA93-4053-A7F9-387DE2E99EC4.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Sucks to be you young guys.

moldsporh

That's fair....I said you guys worked hard. But we have to go through our whole career with more bulk and a lot heavier packages....so we will see who is in worse shape 20 years from now.

That's because the young guys keep rolling out 180-220 stops during off peak. No chance in the world is a 50 or more business stop rte, with pups, plus 150 resis.....a 9.5 hr day.

They keep doing it, and then you get 250 plus stops each day for peak..with UPS expecting everyone to do 250 stops.

Things change when the truck is bricked and you can't work smoothly.

Drink Craft Beer

Been on pre-load for 16yrs and being forced (non scheduled) to work tomorrow (saturday) for the first time ever. It will be my 6th day.

I see that people saying that it will be time and a half. My question is that last Monday our start time was actually Sunday night at 10:30pm. Under the impression that the first hour and a half, (Sunday) is time and a half. Now that we're working tomorrow, does that change the pay rate from that first hour and half Sunday night to double time or will double time come into affect at any point whatsoever? Will tomorrow be considered a 7th day punch/clock in?