Working off the clock

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
agreed the extra money would help of course . Im just sayin its not that big a deal if a driver wants to set HIS truck up
According to federal labor laws and the contract, it is.

Listen you're doing me as an On Car a favor by grooming your load off the clock. Will make you faster, more efficient, and make my numbers better. But as a fellow working person, you're out of your mind doing anything for free. Unless cardboard makes you randy, theres no good reason to work for free.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
come on . its not hard to understand what im saying . we just work off the clock to help us out . thats it not . not to steal work or anything .. it just helps us out to have a little knowledge where certain stops are located in the package car. we all have one goal in mind . just make things run smooth and go home thats it
You just skip lunch to help yourself too right?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
come on . its not hard to understand what im saying . we just work off the clock to help us out . thats it not . not to steal work or anything .. it just helps us out to have a little knowledge where certain stops are located in the package car. we all have one goal in mind . just make things run smooth and go home thats it
this is not a hard job , doesnt take much to be cut out for it . Just simply saying it helps to be prepared .
agreed the extra money would help of course . Im just sayin its not that big a deal if a driver wants to set HIS truck up

Yeah you're proving that IT does take something to be cut out for this job.

Why don't you just write ups a blank check for hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of a 20-35 year career for working for free?

It IS a big deal. Did you ever wonder why management has unrealistic production/service standards or why that bad preloaded wasn't addressed? Because guys like you will "fix" the problems for free off the clock.

Learn to "be prepared " while being paid. Work smarter. I know it might be a stretch with your mentality of thinking but seriously, you only hurt yourself and other hourlies by doing it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
We can't fix stupid. Can only encourage it to jump off the cliff.

It amazes me the level of stupidity in some of these rookies.

Yes let's work for free so we can get the job done in less time then it would take and wonder why we have more work the next day.

And less money at payday

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I used to set my car up in the mornings. AFTER I got to my area. Like Frigid said, management loves the crap out of you for working off the clock. It artificially makes everyone's numbers look better. Management is not going to come out of their offices in the mornings and run people out of their package cars pre start time, but they should. Back when I was a package driver, stewards got to work early to cut that stuff out. You get hurt off the clock, doing company bidness, shame on you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Orion is just a tool.

Anyone who follows it stop for stop is a fool.

You just wait, Dave.

I was talking to a driver from my old center last night, and he said there was a big conference call scheduled today because the drivers, even though they are beating miles, are not following ORION at a high enough percentage.