Staff member
Ok to run, no boss man

Attachments

• 1468547512599.jpg
    1468547512599.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 124

El Correcto

god is dead
We got 15 year+ drivers that will sort their own trucks if pre load isn't going to wrap on time. Makes me sad to see this kind of behavior. I point it out to my union steward nothing is ever done and we are supposed to not go against our fellow Union members. They are going against the union undermining the collective bargaining agreement.

10 point

We got 15 year+ drivers that will sort their own trucks if pre load isn't going to wrap on time. Makes me sad to see this kind of behavior. I point it out to my union steward nothing is ever done and we are supposed to not go against our fellow Union members. They are going against the union undermining the collective bargaining agreement.
Extra work is by seniority. You're not going against your fellow Teamsters. It's the company's problem.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He's saying
Hey I'd be all for it if they were getting paid to work before their scheduled start time and think it was a smart move on their part.
I think he's saying that's the basis of the grievance?
Contractually, per Art 17 of the National Master, the onus is on the company to keep these employees from "working ahead of their scheduled start time without appropriate compensation".
Puts the company in a "trick bag".

If they weren't on the clock, then why were they permitted to be up on the belt, or in their trucks, working?

The company's wrong either way.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Extra work is by seniority. You're not going against your fellow Teamsters. It's the company's problem.
Tell that to your steward. Doesnt work here. Im being a bully. Yea me a bully, who will help anyone anytime, with anything. Im just trying to save the young ones before i am history.

10 point

Tell that to your steward. Doesnt work here. Im being a bully. Yea me a bully, who will help anyone anytime, with anything. Im just trying to save the young ones before i am history.
Why is your steward so lazy and/or dishonest that they won't put a stop to it?

I'm blessed that I'm in the local and situation I'm in. And I ain't afraid to say it!!!!!!
And why not give thanks where thanks is do? A lot of misery here. People that could make their locals better but choose to be so smart that they only alienate themselves from their members because they are so redundantly annoying.

Overpaid Union Thug

I won't do ANY work off the clock. And that includes looking at some computer to try and memorize a silly ORION solution that I won't even follow. I know that some of the people that go to those computers figured out a long time ago that it's a quick way to see what stops they're going to go whine about and pawn off onto other drivers. But either way it shouldn't be happening. We have a couple of drivers that come in super early and sort their trucks too. To me it doesn't matter what their reasoning is. My reasoning is that they are gutless. Taking shortcuts in this job is unwise. But to do so without getting paid for it is just foolish.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well i was never able to file the grievance, i guess the Lord or something works in mysterious ways. My biggest target was a man who lost his daughter to suicide 13 years old a week ago. His excuse was always I need to get home to my kids. I guess it was a little more than a week ago it was August 22nd. It was the most horrible horrendous thing that could happen to a parent in the worst possible way. While i still disagree with people working off-the-clock..... I guess sometimes we have reasons for doing the wrong things.
I will never know why, neither will her parents.
It changed me, i know it changed them. I dont know how someone survives such trauma, i just hope they do.