Working vacation.

Overpaid Union Thug

Our National and Supplements are pretty clear on how all this is supposed to work. The problem is the stewards and/or BAs that refuse to enforce the language. When they turn a blind eye, or are actually one of the guilty parties, and someone files they often refuse to hear the grievance and calls it “company language” as if that negates their responsibility.

That’s why many centers continue to be as much as two months behind on vacation selections every year and also why jackasses are still permitted to work their vacations. My center has improved allot but the problem never really goes away.

babboo25

Banned
Considering working my upcoming vacation. Is working vacation 1.5x pay in central region?

Now I don’t need the backlash. I’m in my own bracket for vacation I didn’t take them away from any other driver. However with COVID in my area it’s basicically shattered any hope of enjoying my vacation.
My local is 1.5 for working vacation, I worked 3 days in March and brought home $1300.

babboo25

Banned
One of my pet peeves, are people that exercise their seniority whenever they have a chance....

and then work scheduled vacations, not realizing or caring, they screwed their fellow Teamster brother/sister.

-Bug-
Too bad, seniority gives me the right to work if I so choose, the way I look at it is it’s an extra route they can put in to lighten the load a bit. Some drivers have worked their vacation in our building cuz their significant other has a gig job, waitress/hairdresser, people just need to mind their own dam business.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Too bad, 1. seniority gives me the right to work if I so choose, the way I look at it is it’s an extra route they can put in to lighten the load a bit. Some drivers have worked their vacation in our building cuz their significant other has a gig job, waitress/hairdresser, 2. people just need to mind their own dam business.
1. In regards to working your vacations, how do you figure this?

2. In a Union shop, we are all in "business" together....making your business, our business, js.

Last edited:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Mind your own business when it comes to union brothers and sisters. Are they doing anything wrong? Illegal? Unsafe? No? Then keep your mouth shut and eat it. Seniority rules

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
One of my pet peeves, are people that exercise their seniority whenever they have a chance....

and then work scheduled vacations, not realizing or caring, they screwed their fellow Teamster brother/sister.

-Bug-

We are being asked to work vacations but only after all other options are exhausted. My BA said they don't like it but as long as everyone is offered extra work prior to using vacation drivers it's not taking anyone's work except a contractor's.

Overpaid Union Thug

1. Working vacation falls under the extra work category, seniority wins.
2. Dont be a Karen, mind your business
In some supplements you would be violating the contract AND possibly screwing a “brother/sister” out of a vacation week that wouldn’t have been closed out had you not selected it. In these cases it is everyone involved’s business.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Working vacation falls under the extra work category, seniority wins.

What supplement says that ?

You seem to be oblivious.... as to what "actual" extra work is.

Mind your own business when it comes to union brothers and sisters. Are they doing anything wrong? Illegal? Unsafe? No? Then keep your mouth shut and eat it. Seniority rules

OK.

Don't be a little company bitch.

Cry about what the IBT (Union) is doing. ?

Mind your own business....

:biggrin:

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
1. Working vacation falls under the extra work category, seniority wins.
2. Dont be a Karen, mind your business
Working a scheduled vacation is not "extra work", and (at least in the Central Region) must be declared at the time they are selected.

....and only for your option week.

As far your weak "mind your own business" retort is concerned, I will assert again that enforcing the contract is everybody's business....Nancy.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Working a scheduled vacation is not "extra work", and (at least in the Central Region) must be declared at the time they are selected.

....and only for your option week.

As far your weak "mind your own business" retort is concerned, I will assert again that enforcing the contract is everybody's business....Nancy.
In our local you can work one week of vacation. You get extra pay.

oie_overlay.gif