Workman comp

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You know a few of "brothers" watched their brothers get their brains blown out in SF so PTSD is within the realm of possibility .
Absolutely. But after researching the OPs original claim of being in progression and suffering PTSD in his first few weeks delivering in a “high crime area” I just frankly don’t believe him. Even if he was harassed by someone with a gun, it’s much different than what happened there.

Oceanview

Well, we fire them here if they don’t go to the hood. Having PTSD from delivering packages is disrespectful to anyone who actually suffers from it.

I don’t expect you to understand what it’s like having ptsd, if you’re mentally stronger than i am that’s great for you. But don’t sit behind you’re keyboard and call me a liar and or a faker. $650 a week ain’t :censored2:. Prior to ups I was making a little over 80k a year. This is a major blow to my family. I honestly pray that you never have a traumatic event happen to you. It messes with your mind I see things that are not actually there I get average 4-6 hours sleep in a 2 day period. I just hope my PTSD doesn’t get me or someone else seriously injured while working.

MyTripisCut

Sure he was doing his job... but did you read the part about threatening him with a gun? If diagnosed with PTSD, no brainer. No doctor will diagnose someone with PTSD for delivering packages.
All I’m saying is, I’ve seen lots of newbies come in, get put on stress leave, with a note that says no more hood delivering. They all get shown the door one way or another. Weather it’s legal, I don’t care.

Oceanview

Absolutely. But after researching the OPs original claim of being in progression and suffering PTSD in his first few weeks delivering in a “high crime area” I just frankly don’t believe him. Even if he was harassed by someone with a gun, it’s much different than what happened there.

My first few weeks?? I’ve been on that route for 9months straight day in and day out 55-60 hr weeks I’ve had my phone stolen from me on that route.. yes I’ve been with the company for a little over a year but I have seniority over 15-20 drivers already and they can’t take me off the route?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My driving group had a rash of robberies over a year ago. Some of the drivers came back to work the next day, a couple of them were out for a whole week. I never heard of taking months off. If I was that traumatized, I would look for something else to do.

Ptsd after having a gun pulled on me on my route for the 4th time and being stalked on my route.

Have you continued going to doctors or counseling and keeping your claim updated? You can call the claims adjuster and ask why your benefits are denied. If you have form 527 (?) filled out by a doctor that you're still terrified to work, I don't see why they would deny you benefits.

What about the feeders that accidentally kill kids and :censored2:? You better believe they take time off. One year I was seasonal and a guy got bent half backwards in traffic and I threw up. Didn't completely rip the top half off the bottom.

Some things just can't be undone or unseen. See your doctor and update your claim. Call the state. Start keeping records of your appointments. You can also claim gas mileage.

If you return to work in a limited capacity in a lower paying position and don't make 66% of what you made as a rpcd, temporary disability should pay the difference to reach that 66%. Should you not be able to reach a pay grade similar field job after this incident then UPS is obligated to give you job training to get something else. You can also use the free lawyer we get. Ask your union how to start this process.

You can't just like, get time off and go back when you think you're better. Get the help you need if not for UPS then for yourself.

All I’m saying is, I’ve seen lots of newbies come in, get put on stress leave, with a note that says no more hood delivering. They all get shown the door one way or another. Weather it’s legal, I don’t care.
I know what you are saying. The doctor won’t say “no more hood delivering”. The company should (I’ve seen it 3 times, 2 went to other buildings) keep him out of that particular hood.

MyTripisCut

My first few weeks?? I’ve been on that route for 9months straight day in and day out 55-60 hr weeks I’ve had my phone stolen from me on that route.. yes I’ve been with the company for a little over a year but I have seniority over 15-20 drivers already and they can’t take me off the route?
Nine whole months? Wow!!!! You shoulda got pregnant instead!!!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Been with the company one year

Stfu and go deliver the hood

Oceanview

My driving group had a rash of robberies over a year ago. Some of the drivers came back to work the next day, a couple of them were out for a whole week. I never heard of taking months off. If I was that traumatized, I would look for something else to do.

I’m thinking about having ups paying for me to go back to school and learn a new trade.. I won’t go back to scaffolding. I’ve seen to many of my brothers take a big fall off Of skyscrapers