World's Most Ethical Companies

moreluck

golden ticket member
In Ethisphere Magazine there was the Ranking of 2007 World's Most Ethical Companies. Under Transportation & Logistics was UPS.:)

moreluck

golden ticket member
When your company receives an award or honor, you should at least acknowledge it as a positive thing. We need positive things like this to maybe help the stock move up some.

Your reaction, trick, is typical trick-type and I expected it from you, so no surprise.

I'm proud of the fact that UPS got this ranking.:)

trickpony1

I appreciate everyones concern and comments but considering the fact that other posters have expressed issues involving integrity of management, and hence the company, I guess I won't be the only one in hell.:thumbup1:

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
When your company receives an award or honor, you should at least acknowledge it as a positive thing. We need positive things like this to maybe help the stock move up some.

Your reaction, trick, is typical trick-type and I expected it from you, so no surprise.

I'm proud of the fact that UPS got this ranking.:)

do you have alot of UPS stocks mr manager?

trickpony1

do you have alot of UPS stocks mr manager?

I think she is married to a man who was in management forever, including when the stock split like rabbits, and is now living the high life in exotic places.
I think its great that she got to enjoy the wrath of the company vicariously.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"high life in exotic places."

You make me laugh Trick......considering that today I worked 4 hours at our garage sale. That's not exotic, that's redneck.
Then I washed 3 loads of clothes and changed the sheets on the bed. Then I made dinner (He-man Spanish Rice and Sweet Corn) and then we just walked the dog to squeeze in a little exercise. Yeah, that's the high life !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

grami72

I really am disturbed by the response to this post. Moreluck tells us of some favorable publicity UPS receives, and people attack. Trickpony is concerned that "other posters' have expressed concern about UPS ethics. Of course, we have only heard one side of these posts, and can only assume that their view of UPS is limited to a center or district. 705RED apparently assumes that UPS either "cheated this system" or "greased someones palm" to get this award. Tell me, what is your exposure to UPS, and why should I think it is greater than the system that Ethisphere used to rate companies. Just curious, but I do find your off hand implications that UPS is unethical offensive, because there are hundreds of thousands of UPS'ers worldwide who go to work every day and try to do the right thing. I don't know what your local problem is, but I don't think you can raise it to the level that the whole company is unethical because you are unhappy with your job.

UPS Lifer

I agree with grami72. The company really works hard to demonstrate the highest degree of ethics and integrety. If issues come up, the company will strike swift and hard. I personally know 2 district managers and 1 region manager who have been released or resigned. Nobody is exempt and all of us are at risk. If you personally know of people that should be investigated you should report the instance to the hotline. It is your responsibility to keep our repution above reproach...you deserve it and we all deserve it!

705red

Browncafe Steward
I really am disturbed by the response to this post. Moreluck tells us of some favorable publicity UPS receives, and people attack. Trickpony is concerned that "other posters' have expressed concern about UPS ethics. Of course, we have only heard one side of these posts, and can only assume that their view of UPS is limited to a center or district. 705RED apparently assumes that UPS either "cheated this system" or "greased someones palm" to get this award. Tell me, what is your exposure to UPS, and why should I think it is greater than the system that Ethisphere used to rate companies. Just curious, but I do find your off hand implications that UPS is unethical offensive, because there are hundreds of thousands of UPS'ers worldwide who go to work every day and try to do the right thing. I don't know what your local problem is, but I don't think you can raise it to the level that the whole company is unethical because you are unhappy with your job.
I love my job, i have the best job but the worst employer! You spek of the thousands who go to work happy, yes the union members who service the customers. then you throw in the new hire college kid whos been thrown into the supervisor position without ever busting his :censored2: loading or unloading. Now hes going to tell us how this company should or will run better. Hes only a pencil pushing number cruncher and he WILL lie, cheat, and steal to hit his numbers and why because he will be fired and another number cruncher will be given his job.

Lets not fool anyone here most of our pick ups are with us because of the drivers, because we care about them, not the businees development teams who couldnt sell me a glass of water in the desert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPS Lifer

I love my job, i have the best job but the worst employer! You spek of the thousands who go to work happy, yes the union members who service the customers. then you throw in the new hire college kid whos been thrown into the supervisor position without ever busting his :censored2: loading or unloading. Now hes going to tell us how this company should or will run better. Hes only a pencil pushing number cruncher and he WILL lie, cheat, and steal to hit his numbers and why because he will be fired and another number cruncher will be given his job.

Lets not fool anyone here most of our pick ups are with us because of the drivers, because we care about them, not the businees development teams who couldnt sell me a glass of water in the desert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

705 - Why is it that we have all these young supervisors that don't have the experience??? Is it because people like you don't want the responsibility or the challange to make the company better? Sorry if this riles you...but we need experience and there are not enough people willing to take that challenge to make UPS a better place. Have you tried talking to the "kid" or to the "kid's" manager...or how about the division manager. Everybody needs training and coaching. Be a part of the solution not the problem!

705red

Browncafe Steward
705 - Why is it that we have all these young supervisors that don't have the experience??? Is it because people like you don't want the responsibility or the challange to make the company better? Sorry if this riles you...but we need experience and there are not enough people willing to take that challenge to make UPS a better place. Have you tried talking to the "kid" or to the "kid's" manager...or how about the division manager. Everybody needs training and coaching. Be a part of the solution not the problem!
I have plenty of responsibility! No one wants to go into management anymore, why should they? Drivers make well more money that any oncar sup and for less hours. Eskew since dropping the ball (i mean taking over) has screwed everyone. Its not as happy of a place to work anymore, hourlies and management both agree things need to change, or we are all sccrewed! I will be part of the solution, keep sending me dipsh&^it management people and ill train them through the grievance procedure!

UPS Lifer

705...you hit it on the head. Now a days it is all about the money. When I went into mgmt. it was about making things better. I thought I could do a better job. It was not about the money. It took me 5 years to make more than my drivers did....but the day finally came. It wasn't about the stock either. But that came as well!!! KARMA! You get what you put in. It is all about respect and treating people fairly. If you care about people they will care about you. It shouldn't be about us verses you. We are a team and we need to work together to be successful. If we aren't successful we all suffer. A senior manager and a senior driver will suffer as much as the "junior members". You don't have to be in mgmt to make a positive difference but your experience could help a "newbee".

705red

Browncafe Steward
705...you hit it on the head. Now a days it is all about the money. When I went into mgmt. it was about making things better. I thought I could do a better job. It was not about the money. It took me 5 years to make more than my drivers did....but the day finally came. It wasn't about the stock either. But that came as well!!! KARMA! You get what you put in. It is all about respect and treating people fairly. If you care about people they will care about you. It shouldn't be about us verses you. We are a team and we need to work together to be successful. If we aren't successful we all suffer. A senior manager and a senior driver will suffer as much as the "junior members". You don't have to be in mgmt to make a positive difference but your experience could help a "newbee".
I can tell your retired. Its not the same company anymore, we cant respect supervisors hired off the street the same as one who worked his way up from p-time. Its a whole different breed of animal now.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor

woooww, you should be the CEO of UPS. this crap is like religion, most claim it but very very few put into pratice. more props to you if you can stick with what you are saying, and let see how far you can go on the ladder.........to make a bigger "change".

Cole

A happy worker is a vigilant worker! ;)

The rate they fire managers, and put them in compromising positions, is why no one wants the job. If a manager cares about people, he's quickly run out the door. Wouldn't shock me if UPS was part owner of that magazine as they like a stacked deck.

When things start working well the Hiarchy always throws a monkey wrench into the works, and all too often they take the "S" out of the U. P. which has cost us some big accounts, as we go at things so generically. In short far too much micro-management.

UPS Lifer

I can tell your retired. Its not the same company anymore, we cant respect supervisors hired off the street the same as one who worked his way up from p-time. Its a whole different breed of animal now.

705 - I have only been retired one month.... so that argument does not hold up! I have seen that type of thread in many other comments. A little arogance seems to be shinng through. It seems that anytime a retired person disagrees with comments made that we do not have a pulse on what is happening. Don't forget...one day you will be there also!

You are right, the company isn't the same. I am not happy with Esquew either. Things do need to change but we need to adapt to change and not resist it. You do this through your leadership working with non-management and management folks. There are plently of management folks out there that feel the company is not the same. Each person does make a difference. Again, you can either make a ositive impact or a negative impact....it is your choice!