Worrying about my driving future

WorkingClassGoon

Hey guys, so I've been following this forum for the 6 months I've been at UPS. I been loading pc's and made it thru peak easy now there jamming it down our throats and I've had a couple days where I get misloads and they pulled me in the office talked to me never gave me a warning letter pulled me in again and then gave me a suspension letter, so I grieved that :censored2:, now today I had to miss work cause I lost my friend'n keys, my question is, is this gonna hurt my chances of driving in the future??

margaritaville

You wont get fired unless you lie or steal after youre in the union. If you suck they will just move you to an area where its harder to screw up. And your chances of getting a chance to drive wont be effected since its all based on senority.

However, if you are a screw up a lot than it is unlikely you will make it through the 30 day probation as a driver since its hard work. There are some dumb people in the hub that always say they are going driving but you know they will never pass cause they just arent smart enough to.

Pooter

Knock it off with the misloads; that :censored2: is annoying. >:(

Even though driving is seniority based, that center manager is still the one who decides to qualify you so don't stir the pot too much.

Don't be a pushover but don't paint a target on your back either.

bumped

Hey guys, so I've been following this forum for the 6 months I've been at UPS. I been loading pc's and made it thru peak easy now there jamming it down our throats and I've had a couple days where I get misloads and they pulled me in the office talked to me never gave me a warning letter pulled me in again and then gave me a suspension letter, so I grieved that :censored2:, now today I had to miss work cause I lost my friend'n keys, my question is, is this gonna hurt my chances of driving in the future??

By the time your ready to drive that center manager and full time supervisors will be long gone.

WorkingClassGoon

Hey thanks guys I went in today and it was my first day I've ever missed yesterday and they didn't say anything... Hey pooter, nice avatar, brick top was awesome.