Worst part of contract

B

BigBrownBlues

What Is your greatest concern about the new contract? And why is it a concern?
Some possibilities:
PENSION PROVISIONS
WAGE INCREASES LESS THAN INFLATION
RAISES DIVERTED INTO PENSION
CENTRAL STATES GOING BELLY UP AND WE STILL HAVE TO DEPEND ON IT
9.5 LANGUAGE IS STILL WEAK
SUBCONTRACTING PROTECTION IS WEAK
USE OF GPS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY USED TO DISCIPINE AFTER 1st OFFENCE
$8.50 STARTING WAGE TILL 2013
LONGER PROGRESION TO FULL WAGE
NO NEW FULL TIME POSITIONS CREATED
SPLIT WAGE RAISES
LONGER PROBATIONARY PERIOD
UPS WILL CONTROL PENSION

Please add you own concerns!

N

no29.5

I think all of those are legit concerns.

9.5 Language is a deal breaker for me #1

There was no change in this language at all. Everyone should think about this including the Union. UPS only contributes to your pension for the first 8 hours of eachday. After that it is free and clear other than the wages. So for every two drivers out there for 12 hours they dont have to pay the pension or benifits for another driver. The Union also does not get dues from that driver.

We need to have this re-written to include a list of those that do or dont want to work over 9.5. This list can be done monthly. If no one signs the list then they force junior drivers from the bottom up. This is only fair and the lower seniority guys are the lowest paid. Isnt UPS always talking about cutting costs and making money. They could make millions a day with this plan alone. In our center the bottom 15 drivers are still in progression and want the overtime. Plus their overtime rate is still less than any seniority drivers straight time rate.

I vote NO until 9.5 is re-written

upsinkansas

I am a31 yr feeder driver. Will Teamsters still have a ball and chain on me after I retire, or will I be able to drive a truck if I want to and when I want to? I can't find any language on this.

#1angelfan

i really don't like the split raises. we are not getting the full amount every year. you only get the full amount for half of the year. we need the full a .70 cents on august 1st not half then and half later.:crying:

705red

Browncafe Steward
i really don't like the split raises. we are not getting the full amount every year. you only get the full amount for half of the year. we need the full a .70 cents on august 1st not half then and half later.:crying:
It would be ok if we could do half the work today and say the other half tomorrow.

i dont like the subcontracting in this contract becuase it says that a feeder with less than 3 yrs can be laid off if the run is placed on the rail. I know it also says that they might add more runs taking them off the rail, which would create more feeder work. I do believe though that there will be more jobs lost than gained. I know that they are paying 6 billion and they want something for that but i really dont think that it should include the loss of jobs . We should try to protect the jobs we have.

BigBrownSanta

I wouldn't mind splitting the pay raises if the first one were to occur this coming February.

The 9.5 language is just as weak as it was before. Now you will get slammed for 2 days and harrassed for the other 3 days. Basically, that's the way it is now. No change there that I can see.

Braveheart

What Is your greatest concern about the new contract? And why is it a concern?
Some possibilities:
PENSION PROVISIONS
WAGE INCREASES LESS THAN INFLATION
RAISES DIVERTED INTO PENSION
CENTRAL STATES GOING BELLY UP AND WE STILL HAVE TO DEPEND ON IT
9.5 LANGUAGE IS STILL WEAK
SUBCONTRACTING PROTECTION IS WEAK
USE OF GPS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY USED TO DISCIPINE AFTER 1st OFFENCE
$8.50 STARTING WAGE TILL 2013
LONGER PROGRESION TO FULL WAGE
NO NEW FULL TIME POSITIONS CREATED
SPLIT WAGE RAISES
LONGER PROBATIONARY PERIOD
UPS WILL CONTROL PENSION

Please add you own concerns!
Great post!!! Now spread the word people!!!

We need to tell all of our co-workers and all over the web too!!!!

Braveheart

I wouldn't mind splitting the pay raises if the first one were to occur this coming February.

The 9.5 language is just as weak as it was before. Now you will get slammed for 2 days and harrassed for the other 3 days. Basically, that's the way it is now. No change there that I can see.
True that we would be getting an advance on our raise but even if they did that the rest of the contract is still a sham!!!!!

Braveheart

i dont like the subcontracting in this contract becuase it says that a feeder with less than 3 yrs can be laid off if the run is placed on the rail. I know it also says that they might add more runs taking them off the rail, which would create more feeder work. I do believe though that there will be more jobs lost than gained. I know that they are paying 6 billion and they want something for that but i really dont think that it should include the loss of jobs . We should try to protect the jobs we have.
A buddy of mine at another UPS building told me that UPS just bought a rail yard down the street. Why do you think the union went after rail a few years ago.

VOTE NO!!!!

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
Raises less than inflation. I'm not here because I bleed brown, I am here for the pay. Forget the pension give me that money I will use it wiser than the company or central states.

woodsplitter1

:confused:1 AIR drivers $13.50 per hour? looks like a lot of new drivers to deliver air packages while the ground drivers keep breaking their backs! If we are still under central states and drawing most of our retirement from them;why would we want trust that the plan will have our money in a few years with ups not paying anymore?Poor supervisors now can work if it is a "act of GOD"?looks like anything goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way I read it UPS is assuming our years that we have in with cs. You will get 1 check from the new ups plan.

I don't think that is correct ( but I could be wrong). My take is that UPS is giving you $3000 at 30 years. Because of the changes in CS, penalties, etc, you may not get $3000 at 30 from CS. In this case, UPS would make up the difference to get you to the $3000 mark. I'm under the impression that you're still going to get 2 checks....

your right on about the 2 checks guy in brown. ups is not stupid then when the fix on central states is not enough to fufill more retirees than contributions and central states goes to the goverment guarantee in a few years down the road you will not have enough years in the ups pension to recieve full benefits anymore. why would ups if you read the contract start this new contract from december 2007 til 2013.

this benefits them totally,as soon as this is ratified 10 plus hour dispatchs,all top pay guys will be defrauding the company due to the new gps rule,then you wait another month at the panel hearing after being fired and replaced by cover driver. :tongue_sm

si_dan

As a feeder guy the issue of subcontracting work is of great concern. It used to be that you would only see independent truckers coming to our hubs during the peak period only.
Nowadays they are coming into the Meadowlands N.J. hub everynight. That and the idea of the company diverting small pkg work to upsf once Hoffa organizes them. i waited 16 years to get into feeder. Those on the list now may never get the opportunity because those jobs could simply disappear.