Would FDXG Driver unionization help ISP's

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
1. You did so

Nope. I can do this all day.

2. They already have absolute control over everything including people who aren't even their employees.

Nope.

3.. I had to listen more more waaaing than you can shake a stick at from receivers about having to open up their receiving logs two or more times a day for X
when with UPS and USPS it was one and done.

You heard some yankee receivers crying = primary reason for changing a color? LOL!!!

4. Got that info off the record from management
5. You never worked for Ground you wouldn't understand.

You DID work with Ground, and you STILL are confused.

6. Now being that you are the resident authority answer this question: If a Express and Ground were to merge under what governing legal authority would
they operate under?...... Taft Hartley? ......RLA?

Doesn't take an authority. Small minority of employees would be covered under the RLA.

59 Dano

At this point I really don't think FedEx is worried about unionization. Teamsters have tried numerous times to unionize Express and Freight and have failed miserably.

If they move to a UPS model then they lose their RLA status and can unionize individual locations. All it takes is for one ramp (let alone a hub) to go on strike and there's chaos.

dmac1

If drivers are employees do they get benefits like medical pension 401k etc.
Do minimum wage workers EVER get great benefits??????? Most ISPs can barely pay more than minimum wage, so benefits are rarely offered. I guess you could call being able to take a day off whenever you want (without pay) a 'benefit' but that only happens because ISPs have a hard time getting a driver into the system, so they likely won't 'fire' a driver unless the driver has other issues.

One of the original issues in the big class action case was supposed to be reimbursements for benefits that express drivers got but 'contractors' didn't get for doing the same work. It was supposed to be a violation of ERISA (benefit) laws, but that claim got dropped somewhere along the way, along with other claims drivers (contractors) had made back when most contractors drove their own routes.

With the ISP plan, the claim for benefits for employee drivers might be stronger because there is no doubt that drivers are employees (in most cases) today. The question of whether fedex is a co-employer might be more worth filing a lawsuit over in order to pursue the benefits claim. Someone working for an ISP for more than a year or two would lose a good amount in $$$ in benefits compared to an express employee. That MIGHT be just enough to make a lawsuit a viable option seeking to find that fedex is a co-employer outside the issue of forming a union, and might be valuable enough to make drivers consider a union.

But I believe that better for drivers than unionization would be getting a ruling in favor of drivers getting a ruling that fedex is either the 'actual' employer, or at least a co-employer.

MAKAVELI

If they move to a UPS model then they lose their RLA status and can unionize individual locations. All it takes is for one ramp (let alone a hub) to go on strike and there's chaos.
Freight is not under the RLA and the teamsters couldn't organize them. The Teamsters haven't brought their organizing skills into the 21st century and can't match FedEx's union-busting Tit for Tat.

bacha29

Nope. I can do this all day.

Nope.

You heard some yankee receivers crying = primary reason for changing a color? LOL!!!

You DID work with Ground, and you STILL are confused.

Doesn't take an authority. Small minority of employees would be covered under the RLA.
Never spent a day in the employment or contract of either Roadway package System or Fedex Ground but still claim to know more about that OPCO than me.

Child, your ego is writing checks your expertise can't cash.

bacha29

Freight is not under the RLA and the teamsters couldn't organize them. The Teamsters haven't brought their organizing skills into the 21st century and can't match FedEx's union-busting Tit for Tat.
Good point . Unions today are far more cautious about when and where they're willing to engage private sector companies because they have the money, the court rulings and the effective counter measures at their disposal that can make organizing work forces much more difficult.
The public sector on the other hand has nowhere near the options and counter measures at their disposal which explains why so many public sector work forces are much easier to organize.
But eventually people in the private sector realizing that they have nothing to lose and tired of continuing to fall behind their colleagues in the public sector compensation wise will collectively stand up and start pushing back.

59 Dano

Never spent a day in the employment or contract of either Roadway package System or Fedex Ground but still claim to know more about that OPCO than me.

Judging from the gibberish you post, I do (and so does everyone else).

Child, your ego is writing checks your expertise can't cash.

Well, I don't have the expertise of a guy who bought a job.

59 Dano

Good point . Unions today are far more cautious about when and where they're willing to engage private sector companies because they have the money, the court rulings and the effective counter measures at their disposal that can make organizing work forces much more difficult.
The public sector on the other hand has nowhere near the options and counter measures at their disposal which explains why so many public sector work forces are much easier to organize.
But eventually people in the private sector realizing that they have nothing to lose and tired of continuing to fall behind their colleagues in the public sector compensation wise will collectively stand up and start pushing back.

upload_2018-8-9_13-57-59.png

bacha29

Same as always Dano. Whenever there's a subject being discussed in which you have no formal education and or no direct life experiences to relate yet you don't want to be left out of the conversation you resort to personal attacks in an effort to gain inclusion.
Given that this is all we ever hear or read from you it therefore proves conclusively that you are simply a professional troll who in no way shape or form is the person whom you try to make us believe you are.
How do we know this? Because of the professional conduct standards they are required to uphold, a highly educated career professional does not make the kind of snide and indignant comments you post. And it doesn't take a doctorate in psychology or human behavior to know it.

59 Dano

Same as always Dano. Whenever there's a subject being discussed in which you have no formal education and or no direct life experiences to relate yet you don't want to be left out of the conversation you resort to personal attacks in an effort to gain inclusion.

Actually, I just skip that topic and move on to the next.

Given that this is all we ever hear or read from you it therefore proves conclusively that you are simply a professional troll who in no way shape or form is the person whom you try to make us believe you are.

Gotta make dat dollaz!

Because of the professional conduct standards they are required to uphold, a highly educated career professional does not make the kind of snide and indignant comments you post.

My goodness, who blew that particular plume of smoke up your arse?

vantexan

Talked to a Freight guy in AZ. Made close to $80k(in 2015)and liked his job. These aren't the guys you want to spend a lot of effort organizing. Express would've been the big prize for the Teamsters, and they weren't willing to expend the money and energy needed to get a national vote. Unless it's about guaranteed to pass it's doubtful they ever will make the effort. The only other option is to get complete Democrat control of the government. As seen in 2010 that's no guarantee either.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Talked to a Freight guy in AZ. Made close to $80k(in 2015)and liked his job. These aren't the guys you want to spend a lot of effort organizing. Express would've been the big prize for the Teamsters, and they weren't willing to expend the money and energy needed to get a national vote. Unless it's about guaranteed to pass it's doubtful they ever will make the effort. The only other option is to get complete Democrat control of the government. As seen in 2010 that's no guarantee either.
They made a semi-lukewarm attempt back then with Express, then dropped it like a hot coal, stopped answering calls and ran off like scared rabbits.

bacha29

Actually, I just skip that topic and move on to the next.

Gotta make dat dollaz!

My goodness, who blew that particular plume of smoke up your arse?
See folks. He has nothing to offer but cheap shots and personal attacks proving conclusively that he's just a troll living in a fantasy world. He is not the career professional he claims to be. Like the rest of us, he's a nobody . The difference is that the we can easily accept ourselves for what we are. You can't help but feel sorry for the poor slug.

zeev

UPS is now hiring drivers off the street and a company near us pays 18 hr. +benefits to deliver Walmart and Amazon in a straight truck why would anyone drive for ground

Oldfart

See folks. He has nothing to offer but cheap shots and personal attacks proving conclusively that he's just a troll living in a fantasy world. He is not the career professional he claims to be. Like the rest of us, he's a nobody . The difference is that the we can easily accept ourselves for what we are. You can't help but feel sorry for the poor slug.
LOL

You want to be somebody SO bad with your financial jiberish. You cut and paste all your bs and throw out big words but everyone here knows you are just like us, a dumb ole truck driver. You need to quit trying to convince people you are a financial guru.

bacha29

LOL

You want to be somebody SO bad with your financial jiberish. You cut and paste all your bs and throw out big words but everyone here knows you are just like us, a dumb ole truck driver. You need to quit trying to convince people you are a financial guru.
Look I'm going to try to break it down simple enough that even a slow thinking white boy like you could understand.
I NEVER ONCE said that I was a financial guru. What I tried to point out was that the current bull market was a once in a generation event that offered the opportunity for the small retail investor to earn with a reasonable degree of principal security a little bit higher return that what they would earn from the historically low interest rates offered at the time provided that they look for for those oppotunites and learn as much as they could about them.
As a result of you not having the courage of your convictions or the intestinal fortitude to do what I did and put everything you have on the line you seek inclusion and legitimacy through the use of cheap shots and personal attacks.
Well Bud it has never worked for you nor will it ever work. You can go on using them but they will continue to be ignored .

They is a great deal of knowledge in that head of yours as it pertains to the formative years of that company that could be very helpful to a new entry level employee but unfortunately after countless trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Center it can't get out..... and that's why they send you there.....

59 Dano

The quality of the response I offer is proportional to the quality of the content that prompts it.