"Would you mind taking this survey? Why you taking so long?"

clean hairy

...and you would have only been paid for the 15 minutes...
WRONG! Per the contract, we "are paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer" (or something to that effect.) If the survey takes 30 min, we get paid for the 30 minutes spent on the survey.
That is like saying "you have 6 hours to run this route"
you take 7 hours to run the route and would be happy not getting paid for the extra hour it took you to run the route???

clean hairy

My comment this year was "Why did ups spend billions on software that doesn't work (orion). And here I am taking this survey using a computer mouse from 1998 that still uses the rubber ball."

Our center seriously has old school computer mouses lol
They have at least upgraded the computers to 486 DX with 4 megs of memory, and Windows 95 hopefully!!!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I've always refused to take it.

As a former shareholder, nothing infuriated me more than the company paying OT to its employees to take a survey whose results they (the company) couldn't care less about.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

WRONG! Per the contract, we "are paid for all time spent in the service of the Employer" (or something to that effect.) If the survey takes 30 min, we get paid for the 30 minutes spent on the survey.
That is like saying "you have 6 hours to run this route"
you take 7 hours to run the route and would be happy not getting paid for the extra hour it took you to run the route???

There is no way they are going to let you sit there on the computer 15 minutes past start time.

cardboard-surfer

When a sup ASKS you to do something, ask them if it's a direct order. If they say no, don't do it. If they get "instant hearing loss", walk away.

If they ORDER you to do something, work as directed. On the clock.

Sup: "Waaaaah c'mon I'll be your bestest buddy ever if you work night shift! You'll be in the 'cool kids club' "

Me (in front of a half dozen other workers, yelling as loudly as possible): "Oh that's the shift that pays $100 an hour, right? I'll take $300 up front, thanks"

Sup: "What? WHAT?" (instant hearing loss)

Me: "Oh you don't want me working night shift? Cool man, thanks a bunch! See ya!"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When a sup ASKS you to do something, ask them if it's a direct order. If they say no, don't do it. If they get "instant hearing loss", walk away.

If they ORDER you to do something, work as directed. On the clock.

Sup: "Waaaaah c'mon I'll be your bestest buddy ever if you work night shift! You'll be in the 'cool kids club' "

Me (in front of a half dozen other workers, yelling as loudly as possible): "Oh that's the shift that pays $100 an hour, right? I'll take $300 up front, thanks"

Sup: "What? WHAT?" (instant hearing loss)

Me: "Oh you don't want me working night shift? Cool man, thanks a bunch! See ya!"

This is our future. :(