Write up happy managers

we were informed from our A.M shift managers that if we wear a face mask that does not say "Fedex" or are plain with "no designs" that this will result in a write up...they specifically stated "no sports teams" or "any other designs" that these will get you a write up.

We are in a non-customer facing position....1 team member was written up on this which set off this announcement

dezguy

we were informed from our A.M shift managers that if we wear a face mask that does not say "Fedex" or are plain with "no designs" that this will result in a write up...they specifically stated "no sports teams" or "any other designs" that these will get you a write up.

We are in a non-customer facing position....1 team member was written up on this which set off this announcement
Hey, if they want to supply me a mask with Mickey mouse on it and say I have to wear it, fine. It's their business and uniform policy.

It's a piece of cloth and, as you stated, you aren't customer facing. So why would you care what the piece of cloth coving your mouth and nose, looks like?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

I'll bet they tell you you can't wear a thong bikini on the job, either! Fascists!

falcon back

You

You must be a newhire or new to corporate America. Has nothing to do with not being customer facing. It is the fellow employees that made this policy necessary. That should be the same for hats and t-shirts. You can't wear a Rebel flag design, no political messages, no offensive designs. The problem is what is the definition of offensive. To eliminate that discussion, either company logo or blank mask, t shirt are required. Just depends on how the manager wants to enforce it. All it takes is 1 complaint and the managers have to strictly enforce the rule.

outtatime

So what's the issue? If you're provided a face mask at no cost, why not wear it? "But..but..but..how will everyone else know my favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys"?

AB831

You’re a solider in Fat Freddy’s army and you swore an oath to fulfill the purple promise. Remember the prestige of what you’re representing every time you put on that uniform.

falcon back

What would you do if we ceased making our unflattering remarks about your don? We do it just to grind your grits .
Your opinions mean nothing to me. I am relaxing on the patio, watching The Price is Right and waiting on lunch to cook on the grill. Retirement is sweet.