WTF happened to Yellow and will it impact UPS

Trucker Clock

WSJ: Yellow shut the doors after 99 years.

I quess Yellow is done. Really sad for the employees.

Yellow was mismanaged. Similar to Hostess.

They were in trouble before they bought Roadway and Holland. They have been on the verge of bankruptcy the part 15 years. The Teamsters and the Government bailed them out multiple times. I do feel sorry for the employees.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
XPO and OD are quitely turning into big players, from what I hear. I mean, im out of touch with freight, but I know they're big agencies. I just hear they're slowly creeping up on the big dogs.
Xpo has the Boeing contract in this city. Pretty big here

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Old Dominion Freight Line
XPO Logistics
FedEx Freight
TForce Freight
R+L Carriers
Pitt Ohio
Estes Express Lines
ABF Freight System
SAIA Inc.
Southeastern Freight Lines
Averitt Express
Central Transport
Dayton Freight Lines

I know TForce Freight is a Union shop, any others on that list ?

Mutineer

I know TForce Freight is a Union shop, any others on that list ?

A couple years ago, TForce was doing home delivery in my area. Pretty sure they were subcontracting.

When I would bump into a driver and talk to him, it was rare to find one that could speak English.

But I do know enough Spanish to come to the conclusion that it was an awful place to work as a courier.

Haven't seen TForce doing home deliveries for quite awhile now.

qdg2

Yellow was mismanaged. Similar to Hostess.

They were in trouble before they bought Roadway and Holland. They have been on the verge of bankruptcy the part 15 years. The Teamsters and the Government bailed them out multiple times. I do feel sorry for the employees.
So, they were in trouble before Roadway etc.

I see this mismanaged statement a lot. And those couple million in bonuses didn't sink Yellow.

Now.....what could have bankrupted Yellow.......? The same forces of other "union" bankruptcy's? That's one line of thinking.

Makes you wonder why T-Force was sold.....

While wondering why GM, Chrysler etc. teeter on the brink.....weren't they bailed out etc.?

I guess we need to define "mismanagement".....

While ultimately wondering if being the highest cost delivery company....arguably in the world......is......sustainable?