Yay i qualified

Brisket

Congrats on making it! I just finished day 9 and feel like pulling my hair out but I'll make it through. Lol

Keep your head down, and do whatever you have to do to get to day 31. Keep in mind the day BUT tell NO ONE! When you get to day 31, shout it from the rooftops! Lol!

Noreaga

Show up in uniform everyday whether you're scheduled to drive or not. Eventually you won't have to look for people who want the day off, they'll be on you like vultures.
Agreed.. also learned business runs for some reason people are afraid of them so that puts you to the front of the line.. and learn as much of the older guys routes as possible b/c their are the first to go home

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Agreed.. also learned business runs for some reason people are afraid of them so that puts you to the front of the line.. and learn as much of the older guys routes as possible b/c their are the first to go home
Yup business heavy routes blow, good to know routes no one wants when you're new.

I knew almost every route in our centers before I got out. The only ones I didn't know were the oldest guys' routes. Highest seniority cover drivers always got them, country gold.... low stop, high miles.

Running split routes is the key to making it as a tcd here. No one wants to run them, and you'll learn parts of multiple routes all at once. Quick way to gain area knowledge.

ManInBrown

The package driver job is going to get 100x worse then it is right now. Hard to believe but it's going to happen. Once they roll out Sat ground nationwide, and the last batch of old time drivers retire, the quality of individuals that will be the next gen of UPS drivers is going to be scary. I'm already seeing it now in my center. They need drivers so bad, they are qualifying off the streets and hiring them permanent as soon as they gain seniority. Day 31 permanent. There's no more waiting till the New Year. It's scary. Thank god im getting out very soon and making the move to feeders. Package will be an even bigger hellhole than it is right now.