years of service gifts?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does ups still have people that have 5, 10, 15, 20, etc years of service still pick out a gift from the catalogue, or has this changed? I received a "giftbox" with a small plaque, and a little desk clock...has anyone else received this. I thought that 5 years ago I received a gift of my choice from michael fina co....

over9five

Staff member
Actually, Coldworld I got that exact thing at 15 years (just looked at it, it's still in its box behind my desk). I definately didn't pick it. Don't we only get to pick safe driving awards?

Hmmm, the clock is stopped...

I have gotten to pick safe driving awards, but not years of service. I think I heard a part timer( non-driver) say he had gotten to pick an award for YoS.

HazMatMan

Does ups still have people that have 5, 10, 15, 20, etc years of service still pick out a gift from the catalogue, or has this changed? I received a "giftbox" with a small plaque, and a little desk clock...has anyone else received this. I thought that 5 years ago I received a gift of my choice from michael fina co....

I think it starts at 20 years.. Because I got diddly squat after 5 years (1993) 10 years (1998) 15 years (2003) but come this September (20 years) I will be receiving something...WooHoo!!

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09

At 20 years I picked a years of service gift (barbecue) but I didn't get a clock

HazMatMan

I have gotten to pick safe driving awards, but not years of service. I think I heard a part timer( non-driver) say he had gotten to pick an award for YoS.

Go to upsers.com and look for awards for years of service, you get to pick something after 20 years of company service.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
AT LEAST they offer somthing i have to give the company credit on this one.

I delivered something recognizable to our local Flying J recently, it was a michael c fina award box just like ours. Said somebody's getting a prize and asked if they get the same cheap stuff we do, guess what after only 3 years on the job they can pick the mountain bike, one guy had gotten guns and a gun cabinet etc. UPS is cheap?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have been at UPS for 15 years come July 29th and I have NEVER received a service award of any kind. I have seen other people receive service awards for as litle as 3 years but I still have yet to receive anything.

Ms Spoken

I have been at UPS for 15 years come July 29th and I have NEVER received a service award of any kind. I have seen other people receive service awards for as litle as 3 years but I still have yet to receive anything.

The only service award I have got was at my 15 yr mark. And yes the desk clock I got has stopped working also. "MADE IN CHINA" I bet those 3 year awards your seeing are for safe driving. Could be wrong JMO

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The thing about it is I would rather have a 50 dollar gift certificate to the local dept. store than a michael fina giftbox. The gift box and the driving gift is probably costing ups more than that anyway. As you all know, ups only has to get by with the least amount possible. Think about employees who have 20 or 30 years safe driving or safe work...how much money have these folks saved ups over the years, not including the great press ups gets from them, especially the circle of honor drivers....only to get a 50 dollar gift, its pathetic.

upsgrunt

I throw all that stuff in the trash. No need for junk in my life, it's tantamount to junk mail.

I understand and realize that we all get fed up and overwhelmed with UPS sometimes, and I am certainly no different. I've followed several of your posts, and am just wondering, is there anything you like about working for UPS, other than the union? If so, could you please post something positive (anything) about the company; Hell just post something positive about ANYTHING with life in general. I'm a little concerned for a fellow UPS brother that with that negative of an outlook you are setting yourself up for a heart attack. I'm not trying to belittle you, just trying to help.

Big Babooba

For my 25 year service award I chose a Sony 5 disc DVD player. Next year for my 30 year award, it'll be a toss up between the wheelchair or the walker.:knockedout:

currahee

I got a 10 year service award a few years ago.A glass plaque saying 10 years of service. Thanks I'll hang it in my pkg car.

ol'browneye

I delivered something recognizable to our local Flying J recently, it was a michael c fina award box just like ours. Said somebody's getting a prize and asked if they get the same cheap stuff we do, guess what after only 3 years on the job they can pick the mountain bike, one guy had gotten guns and a gun cabinet etc. UPS is cheap?
15-20 years ago when I started driving the awards were a lot nicer. We could get shotguns but now UPS is too politically correct. God forbid they are associated with firearms!!

pkgdriver

I understand and realize that we all get fed up and overwhelmed with UPS sometimes, and I am certainly no different. I've followed several of your posts, and am just wondering, is there anything you like about working for UPS, other than the union? If so, could you please post something positive (anything) about the company; Hell just post something positive about ANYTHING with life in general. I'm a little concerned for a fellow UPS brother that with that negative of an outlook you are setting yourself up for a heart attack. I'm not trying to belittle you, just trying to help.

LMAO

Service Awards start at 20 yrs in this center/district/region.