Yelled at for blocking traffic

Chaos

I Am The Devil
Once upon a time the ups driver was one of the highest respected,loved figures of the community. We worked hard to maintain that image and took pride in it. Now we look like a bunch of ass holes driving brown trucks

Are you saying we aren’t a bunch of :censored2:s driving brown trucks? I gotta tell you only 10% of the time have I heard good things about drivers at brown. The only place I see that above and beyond crap is on UPSers site. Although in this day and age everyone focuses on all the bad and it always trumps the good.

RolloTony Brown Town

My thoughts, if management get the video they could easily start discipline for having earbuds in both ears causing him to not hear the siren as quickly as he should have.

There’s only so many buildings in NY. They’ll find him. Distracted driving. Tsk tsk good sir. It was a one time thing and the union will get him his job back lol

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Here are just a few. You're welcome to check for yourself, or how about posting a video, with audio, without the other persons consent in a two-party State and let me know how that works out for you.

No expectation of privacy doesn't necessarily mean you need to have audio. You didn't need audio to watch the Amazon driver take a dump in the street and know it was wasn't intended for public viewing.

I think he was just trying to say that if you're in public there's a good chance you're being recorded and it could become public. Audio or not, many things people do would be embarrassing to them if put on the internet.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No expectation of privacy doesn't necessarily mean you need to have audio. You didn't need audio to watch the Amazon driver take a dump in the street and know it was wasn't intended for public viewing.

I think he was just trying to say that if you're in public there's a good chance you're being recorded and it could become public. Audio or not, many things people do would be embarrassing to them if put on the internet.

I agree.with what you said, but I felt that he meant that you could post anything online, even audio, as long as you were in public, because you have no expectations of privacy in public.

That's incorrect. Video yes, as you pointed out. Audio, not necessarily.

I'm just pointing out to be careful what you post.

Because if it contains audio, you could not only be sued, but also prosecuted and see jail time depending on the State you're in, even if it was recorded in public.

And those dozen or so States with two-party laws cover around 40% of the US population.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
In any state you can legally record and post anything that happened in public. This incident was in the U.K.

Incorrect on both parts.

It happened in Brooklyn, NY and you need to talk to an attorney about recording a conversation in a two-party state without the other party's permission.

The guy was fine recording the package car and ambulance, but would have broken the law if he was in one of those two-party states as soon as he started recording his conversation with the driver, even though they were in public.

Last edited:

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Incorrect on both parts.

It happened in Brooklyn, NY and you need to talk to an attorney about recording a conversation in a two-party state without the other party's permission.

The guy was fine recording the package car and ambulance, but would have broken the law if he was in one of those two-party states as soon as he started recording his conversation with the driver, even though they were in public.
Its a very difficult situaation!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And for those interested, it is illegal in all 50 States to record a conversation that you are not part of, public or not, with any recording device.

And that includes a cell phone.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Its a very difficult situaation!

Yea, and I'm sure the guy was not blocking the ambulance on purpose.

You can see the bulkhead door open. He was in the back and had no idea what was going on.

He unfolded the mirror and probably wondered why the ambulance was not passing him.

By the time he realized he was blocking it, he pulled up and let it go around.

Could he have moved a little faster?

Probably. But by the time he realized what was going on, he moved within 20 seconds or so.

The video makes it look worse than it was because almost 15 seconds already elapsed showing the ambulance behind the truck before the driver had any idea of what was going on.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
The video makes it look worse than it was because almost 15 seconds already elapsed showing the ambulance behind the truck before the driver had any idea of what was going on.

How long was he waiting before the video started? There looks to be a line of cars behind the ambulance and it took him 40 seconds of video to get his wheels rolling.

The ambulances are wide because the bodies stick out past the chassis. I don't think there was enough room for it to pass from looking at the tire tracks in the road, but that's my opinion.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
For some reason my reply was stuck inside your quote and I couldn't edit it out, but how long did he wait before starting the video? There looks to be a line of cars behind the ambulance and it took him 40 seconds of video to get his wheels rolling.

The ambulances are wide because the bodies stick out past the chassis. I don't think there was enough room for it to pass from looking at the tire tracks in the road, but that's my opinion.

Indecisi0n

FlawlessMetallicFanworms-size_restricted.gif