You have a great UPS job…. So how much is your CAR payment? Be honest 👀

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Damn, that is a cool bike. It reminds of a vintage 40s bike. WW2
Direct descendant of the original 60's café racers.

1698967535444.png

Faceplanted

Let’s say you have 40k cash. Boomer David Ramey mentality is to pay that 40k cash and buy a car

The smart way to do it is to get the lowest apr term possible. Even now in these :censored2:ty times you can get 5% loans on 48 months

If you take that 40k, and invest it in a simple index fund, you will gain 10% yearly compounded based on historic data.

If you spend that 40k cash and buy a car u get nothing.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
This is a very nice ride.
I can leave at the crack of dawn and not come home until after dark with only one gas fill-up on hundreds of miles and feel perfectly fine like I wasn't even on a bike. I've been riding it in the 40's and rain without even feeling the slightest chill and not even getting wet. I wish I bought that one years ago.

My only gripe is in the summer it has too much protection and gets just too hot during the day. So in the summer I'm more inclined to ride it in the early morning or after dusk.

textat3

I like nice cars. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Waiting for SS and 401k withdrawals is great Susie Orman advice….makes perfect sense. Nothing in the last 3-4 years has made any sense. It is very important to me to enjoy life. We are heading towards communism, WWIii, reparations, another “Covid, the fact that this company will most likely be belly up in the the next 5-15 years etc. Whether it be cars, hobbies, guns, boats etc…..try to find some balance were everything isn’t save,save save for tomorrow while not enjoying the present. Tomorrow could Be much different that we hope it will be,

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I like nice cars. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Waiting for SS and 401k withdrawals is great Susie Orman advice….makes perfect sense. Nothing in the last 3-4 years has made any sense. It is very important to me to enjoy life. We are heading towards communism, WWIii, reparations, another “Covid, the fact that this company will most likely be belly up in the the next 5-15 years etc. Whether it be cars, hobbies, guns, boats etc…..try to find some balance were everything isn’t save,save save for tomorrow while not enjoying the present. Tomorrow could Be much different that we hope it will be,
I recommend guns and ammo