You only sign 3 things

542thruNthru

Can the union step in? BA? Labor manager? I feel like it’s very unethical to try and have someone sign their life away especially when they say you’re just signing a safety report or some BS

This is all my educated opinion so definitely talk to your BA.

Remember proof is always needed. If only you and your manager were present then it's your word against theirs. There is a ethics hotline you can try 800-220-4126 (i believe thats the number)

We are held to a higher standard then management. They lie all the time and honestly there isn't much we can do. That is why we need to always stay alert and informed.

Please be sure to inform your BA because.he needs to be aware of what's going on but I wouldn't expect anything to happen to your manager.

DeliveryMachine

This is all my educated opinion so definitely talk to your BA.

Remember proof is always needed. If only you and your manager were present then it's your word against theirs. There is a ethics hotline you can try 800-220-4126 (i believe thats the number)

We are held to a higher standard then management. They lie all the time and honestly there isn't much we can do. That is why we need to always stay alert and informed.

Please be sure to inform your BA because.he needs to be aware of what's going on but I wouldn't expect anything to happen to your manager.
BA is alerted and making a visit next week. Thanks for the advice.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Ask them I'm not one of them. I'm part of the Slave Group, not "The Almighty Knows everything Group":deletesmiley2:

It's about protecting workers rights and fighting harassment, not being "almighty". If they stand up for you, feel blessed, not offended. You're protected by a contract, which might not mean a whole lot to you, but to the person with a family to feed that job security could mean the world to them. I could lose my job tomorrow and have nobody to fight for it. Be nice to your steward, they could save your :censored2: one day.

Sincerely,

One Of Them. (Please help me)

WTFm8

Can management be punished for trying to swindle drivers into signing something that they say is one thing but is actually another?

Always read everything they hand you ON COMPANY TIME. If they interrupt or distract you, start over reading from the beginning. Ask what they want you to code in as such as approved meeting/safety etc.

dudebro

It's only an anecdote, but in my 30 years, I've never seen a signed/unsigned piece of paper affect discipline or an arbitration decision in any way. Only the provable facts of the case mattered.

The signature in my experience was used for the management person to prove to other management that they reviewed the document. It always felt like we had to show that we had the "guts" to review the items with the employee, not that we had to get the employee to sign or not sign anything.

As such, if someone refused to sign something, I didn't care either way, just wrote RTS and said have a nice day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When I was in the UPS's doctors office for a work-related injury, the safety team (district) and doctor went on the phone during my visit, and the doctor came back out 5 minutes later with a waiver to sign; in tiny print at the bottom, this injury is not work related*

I should have kept the document instead of pushing it back to him and walking out.

Future

Victory Ride
When I was in the UPS's doctors office for a work-related injury, the safety team (district) and doctor went on the phone during my visit, and the doctor came back out 5 minutes later with a waiver to sign; in tiny print at the bottom, this injury is not work related*

I should have kept the document instead of pushing it back to him and walking out.
Bastards .... years ago hurt my back on the job .... sup got me off the road ... took me 2 their dr..... he kept asking him 2 give me no restrictions ....dr would not do it

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Bastards .... years ago hurt my back on the job .... sup got me off the road ... took me 2 their dr..... he kept asking him 2 give me no restrictions ....dr would not do it
It is incredibly unethical and goes to show how scared and appeasing these supervisors and lower managers are of their superiors.