How many hours do you want daily?

• Total voters

ManInBrown

I wish more pkg car drivers who are on the fence about feeders would “see the light” and give it a go... I would bet 90% of them would have a new outlook on this job after they got in....the other 10% would probably go back because of the hours...
It’s scary. There are days I say I can’t believe I’m on the road driving this. I’m nowhere near comfortable but I get from A to B every time. It might not be pretty but I get it done. I’m hoping it gets a lot more comfortable ASAP

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s scary. There are days I say I can’t believe I’m on the road driving this. I’m nowhere near comfortable but I get from A to B every time. It might not be pretty but I get it done. I’m hoping it gets a lot more comfortable ASAP
I know.. never in 100 years did I EVER think I would be driving a set down the road.... and I am STILL learning things almost everyday out there....I do wish I would have come in a few years earlier but I am glad I made the jump nonetheless...has really been a good learning experience

Dhydratd

Seems like when I was in package it was always just fighting with dispatch about those 10 extra stops they always wanted to put on my day... 10 :censored2: stops... fighting tooth and nail with them about... that was my biggest gripe, and the constant questions about yesterday’s performance... got so old....
^^This^^
I spent years doing this exact thing! If they sent me out with what I thought was a good dispatch then their report looked good the next morning. If they added the extra 10 stops it would cost them an extra hour or more and the report would reflect that. :censored2: management could never understand why.

shouldn't they ask who wants the overtime from the top, then force from the bottom??
But that would require more effort from management.

ManInBrown

^^This^^
I spent years doing this exact thing! If they sent me out with what I thought was a good dispatch then their report looked good the next morning. If they added the extra 10 stops it would cost them an extra hour or more and the report would reflect that. :censored2: management could never understand why.

I never once did this when I was in package. I didn’t want to ever give them the impression that I cared. You want to be dumb and give me those 10 extra. You’ll pay for it.

Heavy Package

UPS claimed their internal polling indicated less than 1/5 of drivers think their dispatch is too high.

Do you agree?

Yes, I agree. I can't wait for our 13 1/3 hr planned days per our Dear Leader Hoffa / Taylor. What we need are longer hours and fewer routes so we can make UPS as much money as possible.

Indecisi0n

I stopped arguing with dispatch and would just throw out the anchor. Even that gets old over time. I didn't sign up for 13 HR days of killing myself year round. I couldn't have left fast enough.