How many hours do you want daily?

• Total voters

35years

Gravy route
Did they really say that? 1/5??

I like over 10, but just a little over. In Feeders, if u get back to your building and they send you out again, one stop is minimum 2 more hours...
According to a member of the Teamster's national negotiating committee UPS said only 16 to 19% of drivers see excessive overtime as an issue.

I personally think 80% of drivers see it as a problem, and perhaps 10 to 15% want as much OT as they can get.

From what is coming out of the updates the union is not pushing it as an issue. We will see when we get the proposal.

Last edited:

BrownThunder

Give me a 10 hour work day with the ability to actually take a full 1hr lunch and I'm good.

Oh, and while were dreaming let me keep my helper year around.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Keep your OT. I played the ot game years ago and bought a bunch of meaningless crap with the money. That time you miss out of life and family experiences will never come back.

Dhydratd

I want "0" o/t! None, nada, nothing, "friend" that!!
8 hours and I am happily making my way home to spend time with family, cut my lawn, eat dinner, "relations" with my wife, etc.
YOLO damnit!!

Undertow

"Ideal dispatch" really isn't as simple as a target number of stops. Get the wrong vehicle in your spot on the wrong day with a bad Orion trace and a leave building time of 45 minutes after start and that original number on the computer screen bears no reality to what kind of day a driver is really contending with.

If the operations are performing reasonably well and the trace in the DIAD doesn't resemble the rough equivalent of a jigsaw puzzle strewn across the floor in pieces, plenty of drivers can handle north of a 10hr dispatch and then some, but those days are becoming fewer and farther between. Get a what passes for the "typical" preloader these days loading a car that has over a 9.5 dispatch and by the time management insists you run the 10 misloads off before returning to the building...Well then the facts on the ground really don't square with what management's "planned day" was.

Daf

UPS told the Union during contact negotiations that excessive overtime was not a problem.

UPS claimed their internal polling indicated less than 1/5 of drivers think their dispatch is too high.

Do you agree?
The company doctors all their numbers including this. If they even did a poll, they likely hand picked their pets that they give easy days to all the time.

Daf

That's the ERI being used against the union.

Do NOT take the ERI. It is not a condition of employment.

I haven't taken it in years.
The people who do the eri are hand picked in most cases. The do not let anyone who is going to say something negative take it. This makes it inaccurate.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Did they really say that? 1/5??

I like over 10, but just a little over. In Feeders, if u get back to your building and they send you out again, one stop is minimum 2 more hours...
One of the first things I learned in feeder... everything takes more time... one airport turn... 2 hours, one turn to the rail, 2 hours and these are if everyone with the trailer is ok...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Seems like when I was in package it was always just fighting with dispatch about those 10 extra stops they always wanted to put on my day... 10 :censored2: stops... fighting tooth and nail with them about... that was my biggest gripe, and the constant questions about yesterday’s performance... got so old....

ManInBrown

One of the first things I learned in feeder... everything takes more time... one airport turn... 2 hours, one turn to the rail, 2 hours and these are if everyone with the trailer is ok...
Spot on. Been in feeders for a few weeks and it took about 2 days to realize everything takes an eternity. Just the way I like it. Do 3 or 4 moves and the day or night is over.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Spot on. Been in feeders for a few weeks and it took about 2 days to realize everything takes an eternity. Just the way I like it. Do 3 or 4 moves and the day or night is over.
I wish more pkg car drivers who are on the fence about feeders would “see the light” and give it a go... I would bet 90% of them would have a new outlook on this job after they got in....the other 10% would probably go back because of the hours...