YOUR RAISE .......

Stonefish

Stony, I'm guessing more than a few of us have picked up this poster's inaccuracies. The forum name said enough. Their entire local e-board was just re-elected. Appears to be sour grapes.
I agree with you. I encouraged members to vote for the contract but the reality is I want them to vote based on the truth not some untrue BS people are trying to spread to satisfy their own agenda. Sour grapes doesn't benefit anyone just causes a stomach ache for all.

sdwc

Local 623 e board just got re elected by the smallest margin in local history!! So close they won't eve post the results!!

Marne Vet

The TEAMCARE plan was improved greatly by voting no. ITS A FACT!! WE DID IT ONCE AND WE WILL DO IT AGAIN!

No it wasn't. Stop spreading BS on [here]. "You" guys didn't cause the NO vote. You just jumped on the bandwagon to try and get elected. You failed thankfully because you guys are a bunch of idiots. One guy doesn't have a shred of experience, and lies all the time. All that "We got you better healthcare" crap is a joke. No, the MEMBERS voted the contract down, and Team Care came back with a slightly better deal. UPS had NOTHING to do with it. YOU guys had NOTHING to do with it. They won't make the deal any better if it gets voted down again. There is zero money coming from UPS, and if 623 walks they'll be stupid for doing so.

sdwc

Marne if they did in to get elected them why are they still out there? I see them almost everyday. You got better HEALTCARE BEACUSE of VOTE
NO. 623 Dis nothing for the members other than hand out LIES!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
In the Central Region, our health care package was greatly improved from the original plan advertised.
A good portion of us aren't buying the misinformation story and that it was there all along.
We believe that the ante was upped as a result of our voting no.

This is true and I'm glad you reiterated it. I was assuming Local623lies was sharing the same line as TDU, wherein they claimed "victory" after the company plan benefits (and the letter sent out from UPS Corporate HR that followed) were extended through January 1st under the contract extension.

Marne Vet

Marne if they did in to get elected them why are they still out there? I see them almost everyday. You got better HEALTCARE BEACUSE of VOTE
NO. 623 Dis nothing for the members other than hand out LIES!!

Why are they still out there? You don't think they'll try to use this as a campaign point when the next election happens? These guys are straight-up clowns. The one guy trying to run everything has ZERO experience, and they lie to the members. They went to the Local and stood in front of everyone talking about missing FT jobs. GR pointed it out in the contract to the very page, embarrassed these dopes, and they walked out with their heads down. I got a better deal because I decided to vote NO the first time. No one on the Integrity Slate had ANYTHING to do with what the senior members did. Bunch of bandwagoners looking for a pat of the back. There is no more money going into the plan. UPS is not putting anything else into it. Ask those clowns where they think the money is coming from the next time you see them. They won't have an answer. If the contract gets voted down again we'll be out there alone and looking like a bunch of tools. There are great improvements in the new contract, but you spoiled guys think you should get 100% across the board. It doesn't work that way. This contract was for ALL Teamsters. Not just Local 623.

browned out

More power to the locals that have the knowledge and strength to demand better. They get the big picture. I don't think any of us will see the .70 raise until the middle of 2014 at the earliest. The contract and supplements have passed here. I have not heard any employees whining about the retro raise. The vast majority of employees in our local have expressed that the hold outs are doing the right thing.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Full time jobs. Feeder jobs vanishing to other close by locals We have a supplement that has not had anything done to it in years! Last and not least we already proved everybody wrong by getting better healthcare because of voting no. We plan on doing it again!!

Our supplement was unchanged to pass on the 2nd vote. What a joke! November our BA decided to retire. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall? He was a company patsy. Glad he's gone. We will have to see for the new guy