YOUR RAISE .......

Ashell

Maybe someone can share their knowledge with me. Wasn't a ups employee involved in the movie Sicko? I know there was someone covered under Aetna. The movie came out in 2007, and our benefits did get a little better in '08.

I agree with the people holding out for equal coverage under the new contract. I think the problem is they raised pension for people working under 750 a year. You can't expect the company to do both. Its not the people voting no screwing us over, its the people asking for full pension when they only work 1-2 hours a day. These people are going to make more in retirement than they ever made in a normal work week. I feel like working these micro shifts is a individual choice, and when people do it, it just helps the company create less full time jobs. I don't know why they added it this contract, but its probably because someone's buddy in the union is about to retire. So the rest of us eat it on healthcare for the next 5 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No one should have accepted this contract. It should have been rejected across the board nationally, but there are too many people voting who don't know or understand what they are voting for.

Our supplement, which was voted down on the first try due to some changes, passed on the second try after the changes were removed. We had no problem with the national---it passed easily.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
"Greedy" is a harsh term-----looking to protect their interests would be more appropriate.

Do you realize that workers at Worldport have to wait up to 30 minutes for the shuttle bus to bring them from the parking lot to the bldg. and back and that this wait time is unpaid?

The fears about healthcare are unfounded.
What's 30 minutes.
Recently heard that some commutes in Atlanta were 21 hours!:cool-little:

kingOFchester

No. Assuming bonus isn't a myth in your location.

Bonus, AKA Bone-us, is a myth where I am. Yes, drivers still make bonus. They do this by loading truck in the AM starting as early at 7am for an 8:20 start time. They skip all breaks and lunch. Punch out pickups in the window when not at said pick up. Some even stretching the Air's by sheeting before actually delivering. Running. Not all bone-us drivers do all of these things to make bonus, but all do some of the things I listed.

In my short time at UPS I have seen time allowances get shaved down to almost impossible numbers to achieve.

I have a growing disdain for UPS.

browned out

Take advantage of your current benefits while you still can. If you want keep getting your brand name rx; get as many as are allowed. (I think 3 month supply) If you or any one else is thinking of bariatric surgery; get it now as Teamcare does not cover it.

BryantheLion

I leef deengs up n boot dem down
I have a question about the raise. Is it a $1.50 raise from whatever your current pay rate is? An example, if someone is making $11, would it then be bumped to $12.50? Or if someone is at $9.50, they'll give you a raise of $0.50 to equal the $10/hr?

south philly

Local 623 is spoiled did I hear that right whoever u are that said that is a joker this company is killin us we don't owe them nothin we vote how we feel and be persuaded by scared company when

Sent using BrownCafe App

south philly

I got cut off there are to many scared company men out there what good is the union when we don't have unity everybody on here is going against one another were a bunch of chumps in ups eyes we need balls and no back room deals that is the biggest problem we don't owe ups :censored2: stop being bitches and stick together CHUMPS

Sent using BrownCafe App

Saboteur

...so when I have a cold, I go to the ER...
If you want to, sure. Just be prepared to get called into the office when the insurance people notify UPS. More than likely, it will not be approved and you get the whole bill then. Of course, you can appeal that decision. Then, when you lose that one too, you get both bills.

Inthegame

If you want to, sure. Just be prepared to get called into the office when the insurance people notify UPS. More than likely, it will not be approved and you get the whole bill then. Of course, you can appeal that decision. Then, when you lose that one too, you get both bills.
Go back and read post 25 and 26. This was said in jest.