YOUR RAISE .......

sdwc

Marne can you share some of the improvements in the new contract as you states? I'm sorry but I don't call 4 year progression a gain. I don't call losing your company plan as an improvement. I don't consider small wage increases that barely keep up with inflation a gain. Part timers still have 15 years and can't get a job!

Marne Vet

Marne can you share some of the improvements in the new contract as you states? I'm sorry but I don't call 4 year progression a gain. I don't call losing your company plan as an improvement. I don't consider small wage increases that barely keep up with inflation a gain. Part timers still have 15 years and can't get a job!

First, and foremost, the "Company Plan" is over. UPS is done providing Health Care. They said that over and over again. You will never have a "Company Plan" again. So where did that leave us? We're Teamsters first, UPS employees second. We, as Teamsters, negotiated the best possible plan for EVERYONE. Not just your spoiled 623 Local that seems to think they deserve better than every other TEAMSTER! The Dental plan is better right off the bat. Already compared what it would cost now for a particular "thing", to what I'll pay after we go into Team Care. I won't elaborate on what it is because I've spoken about it to people I know, and basically, it's no ones business on [here]. You're not getting 100% FREE Healthcare across the board. Stop dreaming. Voting no will NOT get it. We're getting the best Healthcare the Teamsters negotiated, and if you don't like it you can leave the Union. Go out on your own and start your own. You come [here] and act like a spoiled clown with all the "WE WILL GET OUR 100%!" rant. You won't. You brought up the 97 strike. I remember it well. I also remember that the contract on the table BEFORE the strike was better than the one we got AFTER the strike! Go ahead and chant "VOTE NO" all you want. You go on strike you'll get less than you have now. That's 1997 all over again. ugh smh

'Lord Brown's bidding'

No one is going to strike in 623. In addition, the next vote on the contract - if negative - will lead to a strike vote. Since no one will strike, the Union will come in and compel us to accept the contract. I am not sure of the timeline, but that is what is about to happen.

Stonefish

First, and foremost, the "Company Plan" is over. UPS is done providing Health Care. They said that over and over again. You will never have a "Company Plan" again. So where did that leave us? We're Teamsters first, UPS employees second. We, as Teamsters, negotiated the best possible plan for EVERYONE. Not just your spoiled 623 Local that seems to think they deserve better than every other TEAMSTER! The Dental plan is better right off the bat. Already compared what it would cost now for a particular "thing", to what I'll pay after we go into Team Care. I won't elaborate on what it is because I've spoken about it to people I know, and basically, it's no ones business on [here]. You're not getting 100% FREE Healthcare across the board. Stop dreaming. Voting no will NOT get it. We're getting the best Healthcare the Teamsters negotiated, and if you don't like it you can leave the Union. Go out on your own and start your own. You come [here] and act like a spoiled clown with all the "WE WILL GET OUR 100%!" rant. You won't. You brought up the 97 strike. I remember it well. I also remember that the contract on the table BEFORE the strike was better than the one we got AFTER the strike! Go ahead and chant "VOTE NO" all you want. You go on strike you'll get less than you have now. That's 1997 all over again. ugh smh
Here is the problem, there are improvements in the contract BUT certain people just want to be negative. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with each other on the issues but for people to think that they are going to keep voting no and they will keep the company healthcare plan are just not listening to reality.

Stonefish

I will try to keep it short:
Stewards representing employees concerning safety
Not disciplining employees for refusing to sign company forms
New ADA language
Vacations for people that serve our country
Drivers being allowed to work inside at their hourly rate are guarantee
3 rehabs lifetime
Return to work calls within 5 days
Penalty pay on vacations
High back seats for feeder drivers
Safety committee language
2300 new full-time jobs
Surepost protections
Better 9.5 language
Better harassment language
Better change of ops language
Part-time employees red circled when bidding full-time air job

Just thinking off the top of my head of a few

sdwc

New full time jobs. Are you serious??
We had the same language in the last contract and local 623 got ZERO new full time jobs because of it!!! OTHER locals have it clear in their supplement when the jobs will be created.... We are voting no to get better healthcare. IF THE TEAMCARE plan really MIRRORED our current plan it WOULD PASS!! IT DOESNT....
SIT BACK ENJOY THE RIDE!! Thank me when you get your big retro check!!

Stonefish

New full time jobs. Are you serious??
We had the same language in the last contract and local 623 got ZERO new full time jobs because of it!!! OTHER locals have it clear in their supplement when the jobs will be created.... We are voting no to get better healthcare. IF THE TEAMCARE plan really MIRRORED our current plan it WOULD PASS!! IT DOESNT....
SIT BACK ENJOY THE RIDE!! Thank me when you get your big retro check!!
New full-time jobs. Yes I am serious. So just because your local didn't get any you are mad. Maybe they can't create any in your local.
If TEAMCARE mirrored your current plan you still wouldn't vote for it you would try to find something else. There are things in the new plan that are better than the one you are under now.
I am sitting back and enjoying myself

sdwc

Maybe they didn't want him to go FT, so they didn't make any in that building.
I been full time for over 25 years. Try again!! Take a vacation with that big retro check I'm going to get you! Put the kool aid down !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stonefish

I been full time for over 25 years. Try again!! Take a vacation with that big retro check I'm going to get you! Put the kool aid down and ****
So now it's the full-time jobs?
Retro check isn't changing my vote.
And the last sentence sounds like you speak from experience.

upschuck

I been full time for over 25 years. Try again!! Take a vacation with that big retro check I'm going to get you! Put the kool aid down and get****

I don't live paycheck to paycheck, so I can take a vacation whenever I want, but thank you for the advice.

browniehound

I also hope they take their time settling the contracts. My wife is horrible at saving money and this is good for us. If she has it she spends it. She doesn't know that I should be making $0.70 and $1.05(for OT)/hour more than I do now and have been since Aug. 1st. Its beginning to turn into a nice chunk of change. This is my take at least.

Hood83

I have read the new contract and it looks pretty good to me... I could understand voting no a million times if it wasn't a good contract but it is good... It's a shame greedy people are holding the rest of the employees raises up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have read the new contract and it looks pretty good to me... I could understand voting no a million times if it wasn't a good contract but it is good... It's a shame greedy people are holding the rest of the employees raises up.

"Greedy" is a harsh term-----looking to protect their interests would be more appropriate.

Do you realize that workers at Worldport have to wait up to 30 minutes for the shuttle bus to bring them from the parking lot to the bldg. and back and that this wait time is unpaid?

The fears about healthcare are unfounded.

Inthegame

"Greedy" is a harsh term-----looking to protect their interests would be more appropriate.

Do you realize that workers at Worldport have to wait up to 30 minutes for the shuttle bus to bring them from the parking lot to the bldg. and back and that this wait time is unpaid?

The fears about healthcare are unfounded.
Greedy is a harsh term, I believe revenge is more appropriate. It was a long wait in '07 but Fred Z (a Hoffa supporter at that time) didn't seem so interested then. Wonder what changed?
They haven't moved the parking lots. Most of those employees knew the situation when they hired on. UPS has agreed to put on at least three more shuttles with Teamster drivers and pay a $1000 shuttle allowance in the meantime.
Lots of people take buses and trains to work daily uncompensated.

yeti3000

yeti3000
Will not happen for a long time!!! this was a contract filled with give backs!! Why did so many clueless people on here vote yes? 623 and LOUISVILLE will hold your raise up for a very long time!! Look at it as a big bonus check when you
Get it!! We VOTE NO to givebacks!

In addition to Western Pennsylvania, supplements or riders for UPS Teamsters in Philadelphia, Ohio, Indiana Local 135 and Louisville, Ky., are still outstanding.

yeti3000

yeti3000
Will not happen for a long time!!! this was a contract filled with give backs!! Why did so many clueless people on here vote yes? 623 and LOUISVILLE will hold your raise up for a very long time!! Look at it as a big bonus check when you
Get it!! We VOTE NO to givebacks!

No one should have accepted this contract. It should have been rejected across the board nationally, but there are too many people voting who don't know or understand what they are voting for.