2015 looks alot like 2013

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by burco8080, Dec 17, 2015.

1. burco8080

burco8080 Member

are we in a time warp will anybody lose there jobs will we try to get it right next year? I will bet wall street will not be impressed.

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Doesn't look anything like it here.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Some areas are having less issues than others I guess.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah. It's real spotty. Which is why I say it isn't really like 2013.

5. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

It's not like 2013. Amazon hasn't been blaming us in the media yet. In 2013,they started blaming us early. The system actually seems to be holding up better than 2013. We will see

6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Its light here....We're lighter than the last 2 years during peak.

7. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

Our hub is running very smooth, albeit very heavy but our managers are doing a good job here. I've had only a few days this peak where I made a delivery after 8pm and that was the week after Black Friday.

8. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

Peak is smooth in my neck of the woods. I haven't even seen a rental this year. Our start times are two hours later than last year's. Sure, loads are heavy, but they're certainly manageable. Many of the peak hires have been shown the door, and that was starting last week. I think the unseasonably balmy weather has much to do with it.

9. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Everybody saying it is light this year puts a bit of concern for me. Will it all come next week?

10. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Here either.

We all are thinking Monday/Tuesday next week when they say we can guarantee delivery before Christmas.There is already three planes hitting the airport now for four centers when there is only one plane the rest of the year for the same ctrs. So far all is well though. Drivers in reasonably early and reload wrapping up easily on time.

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I have seen other places say this week is the deadline for ordering Christmas deliveries but I haven't seen anything about it on Amazon yet. I expect Amazon to screw things up for everyone again this year.

12. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Bought a car starter today from Best Buy and they said if I wanted it by Christmas eve I had to get it today. Worst part is it was a 2 Day!

13. FrigidFTSup

Not seeing anything that remotely looks like 2013 here. Been pretty good actually. Everybody is on road, seasonal turnover hasn't been as bad. Very few over 11 hours, never mind 12 or 13.

If this is the peak everyone on here was worried about, I'll take it.

14. Johney

Car starter from BestBuy???? No auto parts stores out there in the woods?

15. FrigidFTSup

I got a heck of a deal on it from them. Installation even included.

16. Johney

Please tell me you mean a "remote" car starter? Not an actual car starter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Best Buy installs car starters? Many auto parts stores will do it but I never heard of Best Buy doing it. But you would still need to go to the store for installation so why bother ordering online?

18. FrigidFTSup

Yeah forgot to add the remote

19. Johney

Ok that makes more sense.

20. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Isn't @UPSClerkGirl supposed to be your remote starter? Running out barefoot in the cold to start your car will be one of her wifely duties.