A lot of unhappy campers in teamcare's first few days....

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Then you have plenty of time on your hands to go out and find a job to pay for your deductible.

Who says I need to get a job? I planned for my retirement, I really don't care about the healthcare just voicing that I have a deductible.

Oh, and I'm not in Teamcare either, so I shouldn't even be replying to this thread.

Stonefish

You know they could have a "healthy" fund because they don't pay out as much. The plan looks like it has gives and takes for costs, but right now it looks like its taking from me more so than giving back. After almost a year (that they knew they were taking over health insurance for PTers) and yet they still don't have a Plan Document available (or even the Summary of that Plan Document) on their website, doesn't inspire too much confidence that they can handle all the PTers. Smells like they may be changing the plan already for next year.

Anyway, at the end of day I will do what I need to do. If that calls for withdrawing from the union to help cover my new health care expenses, so be it. It's not like my vote mattered anyway, or would matter in the future because as long as FTers get status quo it will pass anyway. Especially now since they can just essentially vote for you. I'm responsible for putting food on the table and keeping a roof over my family, not my so called "brothers and sisters" from Teamsters.

Also serving as a waiter is not going to happen. I have a degree in CIS and write software. I'm not a people person. The job market still sucks in some areas compared to others. So I'm just having to deal with it.
With your CIS experience why are you working in a part-time job with the crappy pay and terrible union people? Oh that's right you can't find anything better than this union job.
It's not a prison, you can leave whenever you want.

oldupsman

My first experience with my new prescription plan. I went from $0.00 to $297.00. 97 is for the prescription and the 200 is for my deductible. Yeah, I'm liking this a whole lot. I probably won't get the script, just put it in my wish list cart.

Welcome to Teamcare

oldupsman

Wife just returned from the pharmacy. Prescription that used to cost us $5 just went to $11.
And please spare me the "Well, that's better than most people." That's not the point.
Welcome to Teamcare.

rp3

Had the wife call teamcare. Told her the plan we have not any good for people who live in a rural area. I have to drive 2 hours for an eye exam cause nobody excepts in my town. And I'm not even gonna talk about dentist even farther.thanks

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
So far, my usual visits have doubled. My physical therapy which use to be a $10 office visit now is 80/20. So I now have to pay $25 for pt. My chiropractic visits use to be around $4 are now $25 bucks. I voted no for these contracts, but at least I took a little comfort in knowing that my insurance is "comparable and in some ways better." It's not close to comparable and haven't run into better yet. IMHO this was bargained in bad faith. It was dirty and underhanded. Yes my insurance is better than 90% of America. Yes I'm happy me and my family is insured. I fail to see how those facts offset the deliberate :censored2:ness required to push this insurance onto pters for a yes vote. For myself...anyone in my local from stewards on up who pushed this onto the pters is getting a hardy no and :censored2: you from me the next time elections are up.

oldupsman

So far, my usual visits have doubled. My physical therapy which use to be a $10 office visit now is 80/20. So I now have to pay $25 for pt. My chiropractic visits use to be around $4 are now $25 bucks. I voted no for these contracts, but at least I took a little comfort in knowing that my insurance is "comparable and in some ways better." It's not close to comparable and haven't run into better yet. IMHO this was bargained in bad faith. It was dirty and underhanded. Yes my insurance is better than 90% of America. Yes I'm happy me and my family is insured. I fail to see how those facts offset the deliberate :censored2:ness required to push this insurance onto pters for a yes vote. For myself...anyone in my local from stewards on up who pushed this onto the pters is getting a hardy no and :censored2: you from me the next time elections are up.

For people like yourself who paid attention to this contract and voted no I am sincerely sorry for you. You are
getting totally and royally screwed. But this is just the beginning. It's going to get worse. And when those people who voted
yes or didn't bother to vote at all, get their raises sent to health care instead of in their pocket, the old poop
will really hit the fan.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Deductible? What's a deductible? Welcome to Teamcare
images-12.jpeg

Teamcrap doctor?

The Milkman

Then you have plenty of time on your hands to go out and find a job to pay for your deductible.
So you better be ready when you retire to get that p/t job because possibly it will be much worse by the time you retire. It's a real Joke to bust your tail for 25-30 yrs only to retire with sub par benefits that are the result of givebacks contract after contract to please the shareholders who now call the shots. 30 yrs ago Ups benefits were the envy of many....now after growing globally into a huge multi national monster there is no reason why they should not be better..I started just before DNA service began, ups went into Germany, things took off to where they are today, Unfortunately the benefits did not. Keeping the benefits the same instead of increased costs for employees would of been at least better in the long run. When the company profits, those who generate them should share in that success .Common sense would tell you that simple idea
For people like yourself who paid attention to this contract and voted no I am sincerely sorry for you. You are
getting totally and royally screwed. But this is just the beginning. It's going to get worse. And when those people who voted
yes or didn't bother to vote at all, get their raises sent to health care instead of in their pocket, the old poop
will really hit the fan.
You are so Right!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Sub par benefits? I believe that free healthcare and a defined pension are still the envy of most of the working class.
I have been on Teamster Healthcare since 1986 and have had nothing but improvements to the benefits since then.
My pension also increased by over $400 a month with this latest contract.
I never had free or low cost retirement insurance in my local. Expect to pay around $450 a month for my spouse and myself. Have set money aside for many years to cover the premiums.
Hardly any givebacks here.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sub par benefits? I believe that free healthcare and a defined pension are still the envy of most of the working class.
I have been on Teamster Healthcare since 1986 and have had nothing but improvements to the benefits since then.
My pension also increased by over $400 a month with this latest contract.
I never had free or low cost retirement insurance in my local. Expect to pay around $450 a month for my spouse and myself. Have set money aside for many years to cover the premiums.
Hardly any givebacks here.

So you always had crappy insurance that didn't change. People who previously had better plans and got downgraded to your level have a right to be upset.