A lot of unhappy campers in teamcare's first few days....

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Thanks for walking the picket line the last 30+ years to upgrade my crappy insurance to your level. I should shed a tear now that you have a deductible? Not gonna happen.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Sub par benefits? I believe that free healthcare and a defined pension are still the envy of most of the working class.
I have been on Teamster Healthcare since 1986 and have had nothing but improvements to the benefits since then.
My pension also increased by over $400 a month with this latest contract.
I never had free or low cost retirement insurance in my local. Expect to pay around $450 a month for my spouse and myself. Have set money aside for many years to cover the premiums.
Hardly any givebacks here.
I have never experienced givebacks so therefor they don't exist...I assume that's what you're saying. Even if you are "just saying", you completely neuter those of us getting bent over. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you've had good times and you've been smart enough to sock some dough away for expenses, but this actually makes it even harder for me to sock away for my retirement. Company excels, profits are record breaking, concessionary contract. HUGE concessionary contract. When, not if, but when they have to divert pension increases into healthcare, that year forward is effectively a paycut. Why?

undies

Sub par benefits? I believe that free healthcare and a defined pension are still the envy of most of the working class.
I have been on Teamster Healthcare since 1986 and have had nothing but improvements to the benefits since then.
I never had free or low cost retirement insurance in my local. Expect to pay around $450 a month for my spouse and myself. Have set money aside for many years to cover the premiums.

Nothing free about our healthcare. We will pay more and more with each new contract.

kingOFchester

How would those of you who are or will be getting bigger pension payments then other UPS Teamsters feel if your pensions were cut down to the same amount as the lowest pensions?

The Milkman

Improvements? Let me see...Deductible now, 20% copayment on all prescriptions either local or mail order when it used to be free mail order, free local $5 name brands, from $50 monthly to a sliding scale (which will affect you down the road) premium told to many of us at the time of our retirement., 20% copayment on doctor visits when it used to be 10% of approved rate....Yeah...that sounds like improvements for many of us retires that busted our tails to get that retirement pkg told we would receive . Your pension increase will be needed to pay for your so called improved benefits, Improvements that I see going to UPS and the shareholders who influence the puppets in Atlanta

oldupsman

Another real eye opener today. Wife went to get one of her prescriptions. Used to be $5. Now it's
$110. And that's the generic. A great big thanks to all those yes and non-voters who voted out UPS health
care and switched to Teamcare. It was, without a doubt, one of the stupidest moves in the history of labor.
Not to mention one of the biggest victories ever for a major corporation over any union. I can't wait
for those folks who had UPS health care to start submitting bills to Teamcare. It will be a real wake up call.

Johney

All those years that I paid $110 for a prescription while you paid $5. Now I pay $5 while you pay $110. Hmmmmm. Sounds like a conspiracy for sure.

Foamer Pyle

All those years that I paid $110 for a prescription while you paid $5. Now I pay $5 while you pay $110. Hmmmmm. Sounds like a conspiracy for sure.
Something tells me he didn't use CareMark for that refill, or it would have been five bucks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
That's the great misunderstanding of the ACA. It's not suppose to make everyones insurance cheaper, it's suppose to make it so everyone can have insurance. The rate hikes and extra taxes go towards paying for the insurance of the people that can't afford them. On the surface it's a kind hearted idea. In reality, the best thing you can do is let people suffer the consequences of their choices. If they choose to stay poor and destitute who am I to change that for them. Yes some people have hard times. Yes people need a break. No they don't need a break for more than a year or two at the most. If you can't get your :censored2: together or get on the path to getting your :censored2: together then let nature take its course and let them fail all on their own.

The Milkman

Another real eye opener today. Wife went to get one of her prescriptions. Used to be $5. Now it's
$110. And that's the generic. A great big thanks to all those yes and non-voters who voted out UPS health
care and switched to Teamcare. It was, without a doubt, one of the stupidest moves in the history of labor.
Not to mention one of the biggest victories ever for a major corporation over any union. I can't wait
for those folks who had UPS health care to start submitting bills to Teamcare. It will be a real wake up call.
Biggest blinder of the ages, Ups laughing all the way to the bank with all the extra cash squeezed out of everyone. When the knuckleheads wake up they will soon realize they created a nightmare for themselves watching all the hard earned benefits slowly washing away fought for us by those that came before us

upswife75

Something tells me he didn't use CareMark for that refill, or it would have been five bucks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

That would be my bet, seeing as I just filled my son's prescription that used to be $56.67/month (couldn't do 90 days because it's a controlled substance) for $5.
When I was taking birth control pills, it cost me $68 for 3 months. I filled birth control pills for my daughter (she was prescribed them to help with PCOS) and they were $5. Once I switch everything over to the mail order, they will be $0.

The Milkman

That would be my bet, seeing as I just filled my son's prescription that used to be $56.67/month (couldn't do 90 days because it's a controlled substance) for $5.
When I was taking birth control pills, it cost me $68 for 3 months. I filled birth control pills for my daughter (she was prescribed them to help with PCOS) and they were $5. Once I switch everything over to the mail order, they will be $0.
Sounds like my old plan......Now reversed to paying 20% mail order or at Cvs.....plus an annual deductible now for us retirees who were told when we retired our benefit pkg would be good till we reach 65

oldngray

nowhere special
Sounds like my old plan......Now reversed to paying 20% mail order or at Cvs.....plus an annual deductible now for us retirees who were told when we retired our benefit pkg would be good till we reach 65

Agreed. Retirees weren't promised "until next contract" or "whenever" but until 65.

Atomic_Smurf

Never Forget.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Attachments

• 1403722557108.jpg
    1403722557108.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 121

Xexys

Retired and Happy

My bet is that he is retired and on the old Teamster plan. Too many of us retirees are responding in this thread and mixing up you active persons.

We retirees that retired before Aug 1, 2013 are still on the old plan, not teamcare. We now have deductibles and cannot get three month prescriptions for $0.00 or $5.00 name brand Rx's at the pharmacy. Most of the high dollar amounts you see from the retired ranks are deductibles included with the drugs.

So, post away but please tell us what your status is, active or retired before you go and hate on individual posts. Just look at our avatars also, most of us retired folks say so in our avatars. Got it?

Xexys

Retired and Happy

When did you retire? If you retired after Aug 1 2013 then you have teamcare. If not your plan is the same plan as what you had before, just flopped around a little bit with a 80% coverage instead of 100% and now we get deductibles that are met for each individual in the family, $200.00. The high cost of what you're paying could be a large portion of your deductible and not just the meds if you retired before Aug 1, 2013. Read your packet if you're not sure.

upswife75

My bet is that he is retired and on the old Teamster plan. Too many of us retirees are responding in this thread and mixing up you active persons.

We retirees that retired before Aug 1, 2013 are still on the old plan, not teamcare. We now have deductibles and cannot get three month prescriptions for $0.00 or $5.00 name brand Rx's at the pharmacy. Most of the high dollar amounts you see from the retired ranks are deductibles included with the drugs.

So, post away but please tell us what your status is, active or retired before you go and hate on individual posts. Just look at our avatars also, most of us retired folks say so in our avatars. Got it?

Hating? Who said I was hating? And if YOU look at his avatar, you will notice that it doesn't mention being retired as yours does. Got it?