Atheists

klein

Für Meno :)
Pope condems the USA for the Cuban embargo, on his visit to Cuba.
But, of course the self called religious (christian, catholic) USA thinks differently.

P

pickup

Pope condems the USA for the Cuban embargo, on his visit to Cuba.
But, of course the self called religious (christian, catholic) USA thinks differently.

If the pope is looking for things to focus upon and improve, he can find plenty of stuff in his own house to start with.

P

pickup

If the pope is looking for things to focus upon and improve, he can find plenty of stuff in his own house to start with.

And my advice to the pope goes double for the poster who brought up the story about the pope condemning the U.S. trade embargo.

bbsam

Staff member
I just had a thought (first one of the day). Does it make me a "bad" Christian if I'm not particularly interested in debating athiests and their beliefs? Also (thought number two) is an athiest that goes about his life not attacking Christianity a "bad" athiest? I only ask because I don't believe faith needs to be defended but I could be wrong (but I'm not).

wkmac

I just had a thought (first one of the day). Does it make me a "bad" Christian if I'm not particularly interested in debating athiests and their beliefs? Also (thought number two) is an athiest that goes about his life not attacking Christianity a "bad" athiest? I only ask because I don't believe faith needs to be defended but I could be wrong (but I'm not).

The answer would be no to both questions IMO. In fact, it's possible for an atheist and a Phd in Divinity and Religious Studies to be friends and have long enjoyable conversations. In fact, I know that one first hand.
:wink2:

Is it a bad atheist who thinks some of the teachings of Jesus are very good philosophically speaking and would love to see more christians follow them?

BTW 804: Enjoyed the Christianity in Crisis piece that you linked.

bbsam

Staff member
The answer would be no to both questions IMO. In fact, it's possible for an atheist and a Phd in Divinity and Religious Studies to be friends and have long enjoyable conversations. In fact, I know that one first hand.
:wink2:

Is it a bad atheist who thinks some of the teachings of Jesus are very good philosophically speaking and would love to see more christians follow them?

BTW 804: Enjoyed the Christianity in Crisis piece that you linked.
Agreed. And I wouldn't say the mark of a "good" Christian but maybe a "mature" one sees the failings not so much in the world around him/her but in his/her failure to be a conduit for God's will.