Before it's too late!

Irishman Collins

Dude! WTF do you care if he is in management?

You cannot run your own Union, much less tell us how to run the company.

Sorry Irishman..back to your thread.
Dragon, no worries. I just hope people are getting it, before it is too late. If we don't take control of our Union, then the organization we know and love will be lost forever to greed, corruption and give backs! We have to stand up and take our once great Union back

M

Mike hunt

Dragon, no worries. I just hope people are getting it, before it is too late. If we don't take control of our Union, then the organization we know and love will be lost forever to greed, corruption and give backs! We have to stand up and take our once great Union back
So who do you think the next ibt president should be? Any suggestions who can turn this around?

Irishman Collins

So who do you think the next ibt president should be? Any suggestions who can turn this around?
Honestly, I am not sure but I am hoping Fred Z can do the job. I truly believe that anyone will be better than what we currently have. It's a shame, Jimmy Jr had a chance to try and continue the Hoffa legacy and failed miserably. I supported him and have been deeply disappointed that I fell for all the b.s rhetoric. I and the membership were duped.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
He has metioned It or suggested It in pryor posts. .
images

Irishman Collins

We no longer have any members on the D.R.I.V.E.
I think that D.R.I.V.E. is an important fund.I just think it is currently being misused. D.R.I.V.E. was created as a means to lobby for politicians or legislation that supports labor and I fully support that. In the right hands it could be very effective. Folks, our Unions responsibility is not only to provide appropriate representation to its members but also provide political support to politicians and legislation that protect the labor Unions. In addition, any political foes or Anti-Union legislation should be crushed by the fists of all labor Unions by coming together and collectively using political funds to pummel anyone or legislation that doesn't support the working man or woman.

I think that D.R.I.V.E. is an important fund.I just think it is currently being misused. D.R.I.V.E. was created as a means to lobby for politicians or legislation that supports labor and I fully support that. In the right hands it could be very effective. Folks, our Unions responsibility is not only to provide appropriate representation to its members but also provide political support to politicians and legislation that protect the labor Unions. In addition, any political foes or Anti-Union legislation should be crushed by the fists of all labor Unions by coming together and collectively using political funds to pummel anyone or legislation that doesn't support the working man or woman.
They use It ,for personal favors for themselves. They will never ever get one more penny from me,ever again.

Atomic_Smurf

They've used that money to support the very politicians that have legislated away a portion of our benefits. I'm afraid other union leadership would have done the same. Our ties to the left & anyone supporting their agenda need to be completely severed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I can't disagree with your (and other members) feelings on DRIVE.

Part of the Local's bylaws state, there is an obligation for political involvement.

But... I remember back in 2007, being on an IBT conference call with Obama.

It was to mainly pacify concerns about enacting gun control. (if elected)

We can all see how he abandoned the rest of his promises to Union Labor.

They will never ever get one more penny from me,ever again.

Your money.... your choice. At least it's voluntary.

The "suggested" amount elected officials are "asked" to donate.... is 10% of their salary.

-Bug-

I can't disagree with your (and other members) feelings on DRIVE.

Part of the Local's bylaws state, there is an obligation for political involvement.

But... I remember back in 2007, being on an IBT conference call with Obama.

It was to mainly pacify concerns about enacting gun control. (if elected)

We can all see how he abandoned the rest of his promises to Union Labor.

Your money.... your choice. At least it's voluntary.

The "suggested" amount elected officials are "asked" to donate.... is 10% of their salary.

-Bug-
Honestly BUG. They dont want to hear our voice,they dont deserve any money from us.

M

Mike hunt

Honestly, I am not sure but I am hoping Fred Z can do the job. I truly believe that anyone will be better than what we currently have. It's a shame, Jimmy Jr had a chance to try and continue the Hoffa legacy and failed miserably. I supported him and have been deeply disappointed that I fell for all the b.s rhetoric. I and the membership were duped.
What about him made you want to support him in the past? To me it always seemed kinda weird that he was never in a union and all of a sudden he was just here.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Irishman I agree with you. When you see the way other Unions are run and then look how the Teamsters are run. Teamsters are not doing themselves any favors.

Imagine what would happen if they just worked on fixing pensions! Just my two cents worth.

By The Book

Irishman I agree with you. When you see the way other Unions are run and then look how the Teamsters are run. Teamsters are not doing themselves any favors.

Imagine what would happen if they just worked on fixing pensions! Just my two cents worth.
I heard that basically the company comes up with so much monies that they are willing to give in a contract. Then it's up to the union to spend those monies how they best see fit. They obviously have to hammer out the details on the language. I made a suggestion to the union about a lesser wage increase and to focus on the pension increase before since it has been reduced.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
for as hard as you guys and gals work, your pension (all locals) should be pretty impressive after 25 years.

I know what the local had to do here and its sad that more than 80% of the drivers have no clue what they get or when they get it.

By The Book

for as hard as you guys and gals work, your pension (all locals) should be pretty impressive after 25 years.

I know what the local had to do here and its sad that more than 80% of the drivers have no clue what they get or when they get it.
Thanks for the reply by the way. Sounds like the locals could inform the members better and the members need to get involved in the locals. I'm old school and think the locals should be more proactive and work for the membership. They tell the members it's up to them to enforce the contract, but the backing is inconsistent from local to local, sad really.

By The Book

Was my statement about how the monies work anywhere close?