Can't find packages

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It is the loaders fault when you have told him numerous times to at least put them in some sort of order. When the first package on your 2000 shelf is 2500+ spa label that means he isnt trying at all. I know hes new and didnt get proper training, but it isnt rocket science to put lower numbers before higher numbers
I have a loader thar says that his boss told him to just get the package on the right shelf.

I have had 3000'd packages loaded around 3900 area with about 25 packages between them.

All it means to me is more OT.

I hope one day they correct it, but until they do, ka-ching.

underworked1

I'm a seasonal delivery driver, my first and hopefully last season with ups. Before black Friday, I had about 170 stops on my route. I was finishing with only a slight overage. Now it's up to 240 with more packages. I can't find :censored2:! All the experienced drivers tell me I need to sort my truck. How am supposed to sort the truck when you can barely move in there? I spend a lot of time digging and leave many stops without all the packages delivered. It is very frustrating. I have to have stops taken off my truck every night. Any suggestions on how I can get better at finding packages?
Get your helper early. Make him run stops while you look for your next packages. A couple hours and yiu have some space to start pulling packages from the shelf you're working out of to the empty shelves.

robot

Has A Large Member
I was able to find at least one apartment complex that would let me use a storage unit or unused garage to dump and clear some space.

if you have any on route you can ask, wouldn't hurt

Coalminer2005

I have a loader thar says that his boss told him to just get the package on the right shelf.

I have had 3000'd packages loaded around 3900 area with about 25 packages between them.

All it means to me is more OT.

I hope one day they correct it, but until they do, ka-ching.
At this point they don't care. Cram it in the truck and it's the driver's problem. All along their patting themselves on the back for getting the building clean. Dispatch says you need your jumper for eight hours but they are only available for 3.5. Peak is great [emoji30].

Chnandler Bong

I have a satellite route and feel lucky to be able to load my own truck every day. Any misload is found before I leave and can be dealt with immediately and I get to control how the bulk and middle is loaded. Makes a huge difference during peak.

That being said...I feel for the preloaders trying to provide good loads. I crammed over 300 pieces in a P52 the other day and it looked like a sardine can when I opened the door at my first stop. There is absolutely no way that a preloader can do that and still make it a functional load for their driver.

All a driver can do at that point is to recognize larger packages and bulk stops and try to run them ASAP. Then start cramming the back of the truck with the afternoon deliveries to make room to sort. Have the helper make all deliveries until you have the mess under control...even if you have multiple stops in a tight section and it would be quicker to team up on them. It will save you time in the long run. Good luck...

Future

Victory Ride
I thought your work was brought out to you and left in a parking lot for you to load. If this is the case, how are misloads "dealt with immediately"?
I had a second day air perishable (food Item) Friday ......waaaaaaay off route .....no one came to get it.....bastards

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Last week I helped a seasonal driver out Monday, Wednesday and Thursday two towns over after doing my 150+ stops in the hills. I took 30, 45, and 35 stops each day. Then I went as far as setting the rest of his stops up in the 1000 and 2000 section so he wouldn't be hunting and pecking at each stop. Each day I met him those sections were empty. On Thursday I took 35 stops and left him with 14 set his car up and then said you got 14 I got 35 try to beat me back to the building. He took offense to that and called my SUP and said I was talking down to him. Guess who I'm not helping anymore...
You big meanie. You hurt his feelings. You should have given him a trophy. People like that deserve to be hung out to dry.

Chnandler Bong

I thought your work was brought out to you and left in a parking lot for you to load. If this is the case, how are misloads "dealt with immediately"?

We have an EAM driver running around while I'm loading. I contact him directly and he can shuttle them however the center wants to handle it.

But I also drive through several towns on my way to and from my area and meet another driver with my pickups. If it's something I can take care of on my own, I do (especially Air). Maybe "immediately" wasn't the correct term...but it's clearly better than finding one late in the day. Thanks for the knit-picking, though. Always appreciated...

I had a bricked out p500 Friday. Then they decided to bring the rest of the the packages that wouldn't fit out at 5:00 so I got to basically run my whole route over again. ( I went though all the packages that wouldn't fit in the car at the building and use the not found function in the DIAD so I wouldn't be looking for them) My helper sucks thank good I won't have him the rest of peak. I handed him a 42 in TV and he thought he was carrying oneside and me the other. So I just delivered it myself to save time.

One stop at a time. Help delivers you look for the next couple of stops. Repeat...
When your a center manager in a few years, what can be done differently to avoid this costly situation?

10 point

I've been doing this for years and has worked out well for me. The proper method is to find a temporary storage box behind any commercial establishment. You then load as much as you can into it. Once you do that you can then sort out the remainder of your load and deliver it. Then return to the temporary storage box and retrieve the rest of your day's work.
View attachment 61760
(If it's still there.)
The postal workers have done that for years.
(All year long.)
Saw it in the news. Must have run out of space under his porch.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1449672768.529630.jpg

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Last week I helped a seasonal driver out Monday, Wednesday and Thursday two towns over after doing my 150+ stops in the hills. I took 30, 45, and 35 stops each day. Then I went as far as setting the rest of his stops up in the 1000 and 2000 section so he wouldn't be hunting and pecking at each stop. Each day I met him those sections were empty. On Thursday I took 35 stops and left him with 14 set his car up and then said you got 14 I got 35 try to beat me back to the building. He took offense to that and called my SUP and said I was talking down to him. Guess who I'm not helping anymore...

Please fill me in on how you refuse to to help someone. We have an ODS from hell who just says, "You need to go help so and so" then before we can reply, she is already transferring stops to your board. She is also the same one who must watch the mapping of the cars to time the green light 5 mins before you get back to bldg. I HATE THAT BEETCH. she is the bane of my existence!

tacken

I just pray it cant get any worse. HAhahahahaha 1 package at a time and 13 hours later you might be almost done!!!!