Car and Bike Talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Got a question for you car geeks. 2004 Impala the dang PassKey system keep thinking we are stealing the car. Does anyone know a good workaround for this. The 10 minute key on thing is working less and less.

Saw this on the internet, didn't know if anyone has knows about this and the ease of installation. http://newrockies.com/pro/ or if there is another workaround.

Thanks
A common failure and fairly easy to fix. Parts on Ebay and no special tools needed. Downside is you wind up with 2 keys unless you rekey the doors.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Just returned from a 2500 mile road trip on my ZRX to Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, UT to watch vintage MC racing. Great time. Sleep well at the end of the day being on the road. Saw the Bonneville salt flats. Wow. Will be interesting to see what becomes of Miller now that it allegedly has been purchased by the Chinese.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Gotta love those straight open empty highways in rural Idaho, Nevada and Utah. Put the needle up to 140 for a bit. Not too shabby for a naked bike with saddle bags at 4000 ft.:D

rod

Retired 22 years
Just returned from a 2500 mile road trip on my ZRX to Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, UT to watch vintage MC racing. Great time. Sleep well at the end of the day being on the road. Saw the Bonneville salt flats. Wow. Will be interesting to see what becomes of Miller now that it allegedly has been purchased by the Chinese.

Stayed in Tooele for about a week a few years ago visiting my nephew while we were on a road trip. Nice place----unlike Salt Lake City which is a :censored2: hole.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just buy a full size truck. The cost isn't much different. Neither is the size
We have a big Tahoe.......we would like smaller, but not tiny. Also the bright yellow is only available in the Colorado.
Dodge has a yellow too, so that's a consideration. If it's not bright yellow, it's a deal breaker. The bright yellow is me!!
My statement was....you can get whatever vehicle you want, but it's got to be bright yellow. We're not sports car people,so corvette and ferrari are out.
I'm guessing it'll be awhile before we get anything new. No rush, we have 3 vehicles now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My wife wants a yellow car too----must be a women thing.
When I got my Mini (2005), I wanted yellow, but it was going to take 4 months on order to get it, so I bought what was on the lot (purple haze). Luv my Mini, but I wish I'd waited.
the yellow , for me is a girl thing AND a "sock it to you" to a rotten neighbor who hates seeing my car parked in my driveway.....it's white now, but imagine how bright yellow would drive her nuts.