Car and Bike Talk

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I got my Mini (2005), I wanted yellow, but it was going to take 4 months on order to get it, so I bought what was on the lot (purple haze). Luv my Mini, but I wish I'd waited.
the yellow , for me is a girl thing AND a "sock it to you" to a rotten neighbor who hates seeing my car parked in my driveway.....it's white now, but imagine how bright yellow would drive her nuts.
Ok never heard of anybody buying a car to piss there neighbor off

Whatever floats yer boat!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
This neighbor and her complaints cost me $30,000.

Ouch------I would hate living with neighbors I hate. For the most part I only have 2 neighbors (can't see their houses through the woods). One is has more money than he knows what to do with so he is the neighborhood entertainment director / party giver. The other one has every tool known to man and loves to help others with their projects (plus he has a 4 wheel drive Ford tractor with a bucket on the front and a 6 1/2 ft snow blower on the back). We all get along great.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ouch------I would hate living with neighbors I hate. For the most part I only have 2 neighbors (can't see their houses through the woods). One is has more money than he knows what to do with so he is the neighborhood entertainment director / party giver. The other one has every tool known to man and loves to help others with their projects (plus he has a 4 wheel drive Ford tractor with a bucket on the front and a 6 1/2 ft snow blower on the back). We all get along great.
singular.....neighbor. Our street has 13 homes on it and 12 neighbors get along and all 12 have a beef with the 1. The one neighbor has made her bed and now she lies in it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Was it in California where a man parked his boat or camper in his driveway and his neighbors had a fit and sued? It was completely off the street but the neighbors didn't like the way it looked.
Don't know. We had a guy who parked his boat in his garage....didn't even see it, but he had to park one of his vehicles in the driveway. The association wouldn't allow it. He needed to have both of his cars in the garage. He had to go rent a place for his boat or get rid of it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I love 68-69 Chargers, but I never got into the "Dukes" thing.

My son and I went to play golf this morning, and traveling the other way on the highway were a lot of old muscle cars (including 68-69 Mopars) heading apparently to a show.

One was a bright-freaking-red Superbird.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Funny thing is they probably still run way cleaner than so many neglected pieces of crap I see on the road.
Funny point i have seen made is. The epa restrictions will mean far lower mpg. So is it really any different if you want to measure the pollution by miles driven per gallon of gas used?

rod

Retired 22 years
All them car companies fudge their mpg and emission numbers. I think that's where UPS gets most of its management people now days. Pre-trained fudgers.