FedEx Ground

bbsam

Staff member
Sorry, B , you made it sound like exactly what it sounded like. Which really? is what it is. Your guys are what built the pyramids.
Call it what you will. Why do any drivers stay at Ground when Express is just down the street or McDonald's pays just as much? You tell me. Hell, Ground shouldn't even be able to exist if what you say is true.

overflowed

Call it what you will. Why do any drivers stay at Ground when Express is just down the street or McDonald's pays just as much? You tell me. Hell, Ground shouldn't even be able to exist if what you say is true.
You are all they got. You know this.

overflowed

If I'm all they got, their prospects are dim.

And we know that's not true. Both Express and fast food are viable options. We've established that already.
OUT OF YOUR MIND. Is this what you think of your drivers? B, you have really been celebrating for the new year.

bbsam

Staff member
OUT OF YOUR MIND. Is this what you think of your drivers? B, you have really been celebrating for the new year.
It's a cold, cruel world.

Some of my drivers make pretty good money. Real go-getters, safety conscious, team builders. I value those drivers. Some lolly-gag and are always whining about needing help.

Guess which ones get raises. You see, I don't give raises based on "putting up with bbsam inc. for X number of years".

overflowed

Some of my drivers make pretty good money. Real go-getters, safety conscious, team builders. I value those drivers. Some lolly-gag and are always whining about needing help.

Guess which ones get raises. You see, I don't give raises based on "putting up with bbsam inc. for X number of years".
That's sad man. I see what you're saying, but sad however you want to put it.

vantexan

Yeah but over at "X" you can do all the right things, go the extra mile, literally break your back for them, and you won't make any more than the guy who skates all the time. However you will be the guy the mgr pushes to do more and more because he knows you'll give in while the others always refuse.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah but over at "X" you can do all the right things, go the extra mile, literally break your back for them, and you won't make any more than the guy who skates all the time. However you will be the guy the mgr pushes to do more and more because he knows you'll give in while the others always refuse.
And that's why when certain drivers ask about raises I actually point them towards Express.

mopar21

I'm a little pissed off at myself but, I have a contractor at fedex ground that wants to hire me as a stepvan driver thing is i have 2 traffic convictions the the state of NY one was for SPEEDING IN ZONE 80-50mph zone on April 11,2014 the other was failure to stop at a stop sign on June 4th,2015 I have a defensive driving certificate from AARP if that helps... Do i even have a chance at getting hired? What are the odds? Should i even bother? I would love a answer for someone working at fedex ground in the HR department or a driver someone with knowledge or fedex ground experience. Thanks

STFXG

I'm a little :censored2: off at myself but, I have a contractor at fedex ground that wants to hire me as a stepvan driver thing is i have 2 traffic convictions the the state of NY one was for SPEEDING IN ZONE 80-50mph zone on April 11,2014 the other was failure to stop at a stop sign on June 4th,2015 I have a defensive driving certificate from AARP if that helps... Do i even have a chance at getting hired? What are the odds? Should i even bother? I would love a answer for someone working at fedex ground in the HR department or a driver someone with knowledge or fedex ground experience. Thanks
Nope.

MAKAVELI

http://m.santafenewmexican.com/news...8e2-644f-56c7-a0e1-e969c2259da5.html?mode=jqm

In both cases, attorneys argued that FedEx doesn’t provide training to its drivers and tries to avoid liability by using drivers who are contractors and not employees of the company.

FedEx Ground, a subsidiary of FedEx, “doesn’t have any employees who drive trucks,” Caruso said Friday. “They contract with small companies and leave it up to those contractors to provide training, but federal law says if they are driving under FedEx, they need to train.”

Caruso said FedEx’s policies differ greatly from the practices of competitor UPS, whose drivers are represented by unions that assure the drivers receive training.

“We’re hoping now [FedEx] starts training,” Caruso said. “It’s just crazy right now. I, personally, honestly avoid FedEx trucks because I know the people that operate their trucks aren’t trained.”

Asked to comment on the award, a spokesman for FedEx provided the following statement via email:

“FedEx Ground is committed to safety as our top priority, both within our operating company and across our network of vendors and service providers. While we remain deeply sympathetic to those affected by this tragic accident, we respectfully disagree with the jury’s award and will review our legal options.”

dmac1

If fedex ground really cared about safety, why did they demand that I work 11-12 hour days after I told them that it wasn't safe?

dmac1

It wasn't safe because the 11-12 hours of driving on the job, plus the hour commute to and from work left me tired. You should know this. Even the NHTSA knows this. Fedex was using vehicles less than 10,000 gvwr intentionally with HD to avoid the hours of service laws. 13-14 total hours on the road puts others in danger. Fedex doesn't care, unless they are caught violating a law. If there were no laws, fedex would have you working 20 hour days even though common sense says it is unsafe. For them to claim 'safety first' just means that they know they need to be careful or they will get caught. It is their safety, not yours that they are concerned about.