FedEx Ground

Bounty

It wasn't safe because the 11-12 hours of driving on the job, plus the hour commute to and from work left me tired. You should know this. Even the NHTSA knows this. Fedex was using vehicles less than 10,000 gvwr intentionally with HD to avoid the hours of service laws. 13-14 total hours on the road puts others in danger. Fedex doesn't care, unless they are caught violating a law. If there were no laws, fedex would have you working 20 hour days even though common sense says it is unsafe. For them to claim 'safety first' just means that they know they need to be careful or they will get caught. It is their safety, not yours that they are concerned about.
I'm sure the guy you were working for kept records of your hours.(hahaha yea right). No laws apply to X and their "contractors". DOT rules or labor laws mean nothing here. It's amazing what they get away with!!!!

bbsam

Staff member
I'm sure the guy you were working for kept records of your hours.(hahaha yea right). No laws apply to X and their "contractors". DOT rules or labor laws mean nothing here. It's amazing what they get away with!!!!
I hear whining about 11 to 12 hours when the law says what? 14 in 5? Anyway, I can count on 1 hand the number of times any of my drivers worked 12 hours.

Bounty

I hear whining about 11 to 12 hours when the law says what? 14 in 5? Anyway, I can count on 1 hand the number of times any of my drivers worked 12 hours.
I'm sure you have a time clock. If you actually keep your employees hours you are probably are the only contractor who does. Maybe iwbf does too(yea right).

bbsam

Staff member
I'm sure you have a time clock. If you actually keep your employees hours you are probably are the only contractor who does. Maybe iwbf does too(yea right).
Not really that hard. A little annoying since at least 50 hours a week is given to loading what loaders don't load.

Bounty

I'm saying you do not keep a record of your employees hours of work. Which is required in my state, and I know none of the contractors in my state do it. Knowing contractors that's probably true country wide.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm saying you do not keep a record of your employees hours of work. Which is required in my state, and I know none of the contractors in my state do it. Knowing contractors that's probably true country wide.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. It's been an compliance requirement since last April.

FedGT

I use tsheets, had it in place since last year when they told us. It is an annoying expense but fast and easy to keep records with

dmac1

HD doesn't even count load time, which could take two hours before they were done resorting stops and getting the computer unlocked and finding enough good batteries for the scanners.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
HD doesn't even count load time, which could take two hours before they were done resorting stops and getting the computer unlocked and finding enough good batteries for the scanners.

We're supposed to as part of logging in our on- duty time, yeah right... falsfiy to not include that free labor is a known, but not talked about practice

bbsam

Staff member
I know it and you know it too. I know your a contractor but try to be honest once in a while, don't worry your boss won't see this.
No, I don't know it. In fact, I know the opposite. Our secretary really does log hours worked for our drivers. I've even seen the spreadsheet.

Bounty

No, I don't know it. In fact, I know the opposite. Our secretary really does log hours worked for our drivers. I've even seen the spreadsheet.
Maybe you do, but I'm certain in my terminal no one is doing it legitimately. If you are doing it X made you do it because most of the contractors had no idea they had to do it. I know, now your going to tell me you've done it from day one.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe you do, but I'm certain in my terminal no one is doing it legitimately. If you are doing it X made you do it because most of the contractors had no idea they had to do it. I know, now your going to tell me you've done it from day one.
No. I do it because it's a compliance requirement. I don't care much about it one way or another beyond that.