finished my interview, what now?

wallyt

I completed my first interview to be a PH, however I'm worried I didn't get the job, as I saw others who were being interviewed carrying out a green sheet of paper when they left, I got no such thing. I assumed it was another date for them to come in on. So does this mean I'm out? They said they'd call in 1-2 weeks if they want me back, but why would some people get green sheets and others not?

drewed

Shankman
I completed my first interview to be a PH, however I'm worried I didn't get the job, as I saw others who were being interviewed carrying out a green sheet of paper when they left, I got no such thing. I assumed it was another date for them to come in on. So does this mean I'm out? They said they'd call in 1-2 weeks if they want me back, but why would some people get green sheets and others not?

umm i dunno, i wouldnt worry about it too much, unless you come off really shady or utterly dumb..... Id call them maybe fri or monday of next week and see whats going on, persistance can get you a lot...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The interview process is very much like American Idol--the winners get the yellow sheet sending them on to Hollywood and the others go home to Backwater, Arkansas.

JK. I have no idea how it works. I would follow up with a phone call later on this week.

old levi's

blank space
Did you notice any common traits of those carrying the special green sheets. Ethnicity,gender, sexual preference (not that there's anything wrong with that) .......

Give me just a minute while I don my fire suit.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Did you notice any common traits of those carrying the special green sheets. Ethnicity,gender, sexual preference (not that there's anything wrong with that) .......

Give me just a minute while I don my fire suit.

LOL!

Seriously, to the original poster - for lack of proper wording, be a pest.

Call. Not next week. Now. Go back in & knock on the HR managers door, ask if anything else would be needed. If they already want to hire you, you are golden, and show enthusiasm. If you are on the fence, this will push it in your direction.

With UPS, as with the rest of life, you have to go after what you want. Go after it. Get it. Nothing worthwhile comes by waiting by the phone.

Speaking of donning a fire suit, my first interview day I introduced myself, full name, to everyone wearing a tie & special shirts, told them I would be getting a job there, and planned on being a driver earlier than anyone else in UPS. ALL of them remember my name.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOL!

Seriously, to the original poster - for lack of proper wording, be a pest.

Call. Not next week. Now. Go back in & knock on the HR managers door, ask if anything else would be needed. If they already want to hire you, you are golden, and show enthusiasm. If you are on the fence, this will push it in your direction.

With UPS, as with the rest of life, you have to go after what you want. Go after it. Get it. Nothing worthwhile comes by waiting by the phone.

Speaking of donning a fire suit, my first interview day I introduced myself, full name, to everyone wearing a tie & special shirts, told them I would be getting a job there, and planned on being a driver earlier than anyone else in UPS. ALL of them remember my name.

Just curious, do you capitalize both the K and the A in Kiss Ass? Is it more formal, as in Mr. Kiss Ass or is it simply K.A.

SoyFish

Hmmmmm They didn't give out sheets when I was Hired. Your Process seems different, but yeah go and call them. The desire to get the job will get you the job.

tieguy

Banned

sounds like you did not make the first cut.

Be persistant as other posters here have suggested and you may get your chance.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Just curious, do you capitalize both the K and the A in Kiss Ass? Is it more formal, as in Mr. Kiss Ass or is it simply K.A.

Sweetheart, I'll be equal to your position in less than a year of hard work. Although I have kissed no ass, you, with your vast experience and large beltline, may spell it any way you so desire.

How about we make a deal - you ignore my posts, and I will continue to give yours the credit they deserve?

drewed

Shankman
Sweetheart, I'll be equal to your position in less than a year of hard work. Although I have kissed no ass, you, with your vast experience and large beltline, may spell it any way you so desire.

How about we make a deal - you ignore my posts, and I will continue to give yours the credit they deserve?

with that atittude the drivers in your center will eat you alive

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
with that atittude the drivers in your center will eat you alive

What attitude is that? Desire to get ahead? They don't like it, tough for them. I've seen the drivers at our hub - and I don't want to be like them. I will say goodmorning to the loaders. I'll treat people like human beings, maybe say thank you every once in a while. Yeah, I'll be a real rebel.

drewed

Shankman
Well lets analyze your post, "I'll be equal to your position in less than a year of hard work.", hard work means very little at UPS; yes we have a lot of workers that are very dedicated and hard working but they could just as easily be in that position due to seniority. thus with your one year of seniority it is doubtful youll be driving it that period of time, and you wont be equal to NY because hes finished his progression which you wont for 2 years and he has what 20 yrs driving exp (correct me if im wrong NY) so you have a lot of work to do before you are equal to NY or me or about 90% of the people in here.

wallyt

Well thanks, I will give them a call if I don't hear anything soon. I'm a bit surprised, the impression I've gotten from reading some threads here is that they will hire basically anybody, and I interviewed for a pretty large center, figured I wouldn't have a whole lot of trouble with it.

rocket man

No green paper means your done its over forget about it pack it in try next year only kidding . maybe you left yours on the interviewers desk, I :whiteflag:

rootbeerman

ok, what do you think of this, i interviewed for PT load/unload, i was told to go ahead a quit my current job because there was a 2 week wait on the position. what do yall think?

wallyt

ok, what do you think of this, i interviewed for PT load/unload, i was told to go ahead a quit my current job because there was a 2 week wait on the position. what do yall think?

I don't think you should quit your job until you are guranteed you have a job with UPS.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

What attitude is that? Desire to get ahead? They don't like it, tough for them. I've seen the drivers at our hub - and I don't want to be like them. I will say goodmorning to the loaders. I'll treat people like human beings, maybe say thank you every once in a while. Yeah, I'll be a real rebel.

being a mangement pet and kissass may get you what you want, but you'll never be respected by your peers.

PS it's 3 years to top rate, pal, you won't be making much money until 2011 the earliest. So enjoy those years of breaking yourself for chump change.

Sure you might fly solo well, and that's fine, but looking down on everyone who did it "the hard way" or even as most of us see "the right way" is not a good approach, IMO.