Folding your mirrors in.

ManInBrown

Easy solution. Just adjust the mirror so it’s in the proper spot while pulled in. You never have to push out or pull in. Another BS method management loves to use to harass grievance filers. One of the go to’s along with not grabbing the handrail on the way out and back in.

top 3 go to methods to harass non kiss a55es

1. didn’t honk when approaching house
2. Didn’t grab handrail when exiting and entering
3. Didn’t pull mirror in

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Anybody out there fold their mirrors in? I was threatened with a suspension for not pulling them in. They said it's a safety issue. I said, it's a safety issue for me as I would like to not have my hand/arm ripped off pulling them in or pushing them back out to save a $20 mirror from getting hit. Plus pulling them in and pushing them out along with pulling your ebrake 150 times a day is doing some serious damage to my arm. Is there a way to challenge this ridiculous "method"?
Get out of the truck. Walk around the back. Then PUSH the mirror in. Now you’re working safe. Enjoy your overtime.

bumped

I won't pull my mirrors in, but I do park with a slight angle toward the curb. In an instance where my mirrors might normally be hit by parking straight the ass end of my package car would be hit first by parking on a slight angle.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I removed my mirrors

*mic drop
EEF879C1-EDF3-4E9D-9087-A5D570C7779C.gif

ManInBrown

Every single time. We get paid for it.

Idk where these guys are that have silent garbage trucks, city busses, and other large vehicles sneaking around, trying to rip their arms off. Havent had one ambush me, yet.
It’s just a tool used to harass drivers who have a backbone and don’t show up to work with a jar of Vaseline hanging out of their back pocket. Runner gunners can park right in the middle of the road and management wouldn’t say one word. We had a runner gunner who delivered 22 ground stops on a Monday before delivering his last air. 12 piece bulk stop and when he got there he couldn’t find five of them. Five NDA air lates, and never got a word spoken to him about it. I delivered one ground before my last air one day because I couldn’t find it, and spent 30 minutes in the office the following morning being berated by my center manager how he was never going to hear the end of it blah blah blah. The methods are nothing but tools used to harass. At the end of the day they really don’t care. Just get the job done and bring it in with no accidents. How that’s accomplished they really don’t care. The mirrors and the honking and the handrail are used to harass.

WTFm8

I consistently go 2 hours over everyday so I automatically pull my mirrors in at every stop. If you want them to leave you alone you either be a hero and make their number's everyday, or you follow EVERY SINGLE method like there's a supervisor in your truck at all times.

Except pulling the mirrors isn’t a method in the 340 methods.

Work as directed doesn’t apply if unsafe or illegal.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Anybody out there fold their mirrors in? I was threatened with a suspension for not pulling them in. They said it's a safety issue. I said, it's a safety issue for me as I would like to not have my hand/arm ripped off pulling them in or pushing them back out to save a $20 mirror from getting hit. Plus pulling them in and pushing them out along with pulling your ebrake 150 times a day is doing some serious damage to my arm. Is there a way to challenge this ridiculous "method"?
If you fold your mirror in at every stop it will get loose and then get folded in from wind resistance as you drive down the highway. File a grievance for over supervision if they keep bugging you about it. Its probably just the flavor of the week at your building and your management is trying to hit a warning letter quota for the month.