Full Time Sup Questions

10 point

Oh I forgot to add if you have a history or knee or back problems in your family and don't feel you can hack it as driver management would be a good route for you.

Every sup I have that was once a full timer driver went into management because they knew physically their bodies would never hold up.
If you don't have a strong spine you'll need good knees.

If you have a strong conscience and your morals are intact you'll either quit after a short stint or digress to becoming a liar to keep your job. If you don't mind playing head games and bold face lying to people you'll have a great future in operations.

Not every management person is corrupt but there are numbers to hit and your assignment is to hit them. You fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I would suggest sending a PM to Dragon or Photog asking them their opinion. Both guys are straight shooters

oldngray

nowhere special
knuckleheads.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I am praticing to be a sup. How am I doing? Should I talk a little slower for you? Or should I print It out? on some useless, meaningless report?....It's all good...Just explain that to GOD, on judgement day....tell him why you chose the Dark side

If its all good, why the personal attack?

I am not sure why you have such a hatred for me or management in general, how about you set that hatred aside and try to post like you are responsible person as you claim to be.

Is that asking too much?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Big Brown 609 or any other person considering management - Management at UPS is what you make of it. When I put the pro's and con's together, the pro's far out outweigh the con's.

Retirement age has changed for most UPS drivers due to changes in the pension plan in the respective local. In my local - the one I will receive benefits from, the retirement age has been moved to 62. Do you really want to drive a truck or work a 22.3 job at 62? I can retire at 55 or wait until I am 65. Check your local and see when you can retire and draw enough benefits to live on. Last retiree from the union here had to take in a renter to make ends meet.

Work life balance - I have yet to miss one of my kids events that I wanted to attend (even as a supervisor), there are many more.

Healthcare/Disability - You pay for part of it (like the rest of society), If I go out on disability I get 100% of my pay for 2 months and then its reduced after that. If you go out on a disability how much do you bring in? 0 is the amount, your local may have some disability but its only around 15% of your weekly pay. Basically - No Work No Pay.

Job Security - I don't care what others have posted, you cannot get fired at the drop of the hat.

Center Managers, Division Manager, District Managers - if you have ever worked at another job then know that every manager is different. I have never been threatened, felt threatened or in fear of my job because of my boss or boss's. They all come with different styles and you learn to work with those styles.

One last thing...this week is a short work week, how late will you be working on Thursday? I know how late I will be working....(another benefit).

If its all good, why the personal attack?

I am not sure why you have such a hatred for me or management in general, how about you set that hatred aside and try to post like you are responsible person as you claim to be.

Is that asking too much?
Nope you are not asking too much. My hatred Ii not directed at you...even though...you like to use that management talk down, sometimes. The company can only knee me in the nut sack, so many times....before I quit smilimg!.....Know what I mean?

Peace:peaceful:

Z

ZQXC

Nope you are not asking too much. My hatred Ii not directed at you...even though...you like to use that management talk down, sometimes. The company can only knee me in the nut sack, so many times....before I quit smilimg!.....Know what I mean?

Peace:peaceful:

The beatings will continue until morale improves..........