generous customers giving us drivers products

W

westsideworma

I'd say that for the most part, the people you deliver to on a fairly regular basis are more appreciative of your work than those you work for.

I'd say this is mostly true...by and large I try to show my people I appreciate them (take them out for breakfast the last week of Peak) after the shift or get them dunkins coffee/sandwich if they can't attend. Also do preloader of the month etc on my own dime as the company is apparently too cheap for even something small like that. Nothing extravagant ($25 gift cards mostly) but at least its something.

bad company

semi-pro
I'd say this is mostly true...by and large I try to show my people I appreciate them (take them out for breakfast the last week of Peak) after the shift or get them dunkins coffee/sandwich if they can't attend. Also do preloader of the month etc on my own dime as the company is apparently too cheap for even something small like that. Nothing extravagant ($25 gift cards mostly) but at least its something.

Do you have a log in for an expense account? If not, find out who's in charge of that (I think they're in finance), and create yourself a log in. Fill it out at the end of each month, and it will get emailed to your division manager for approval. I'm pretty sure your division manager will approve $25 a month for employee recognition.

When I was a part-time sup, I incurred expenses every month, ranging from mileage, fuel (drivers who ran out of fuel with no fuel card), employee recognition, etc...

While I applaud you taking care of your people, you shouldn't have to pay for it out of your own pocket (especially as a part-time sup). Every district budgets for employee recognition.

upsgrunt

My opinion is that most, if not all, people give gifts because it makes THEM feel good- you know the joy of giving? In order for a gift to be a gift, it has to be accepted for the good feeling to happen. When you refuse a gift, no matter how big or small, or no matter from the rich or poor, you are basically denying them that good feeling of giving. It shouldn't come down to whether you think they can afford it or if you make more money than them; they want to give, and some of the reason is for themselves.
JMO

Steve

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I forgot about the customer that gives me a soda every time I deliver. He has a vending machine and will get 50 cents out of his cash drawer and puts the change in the machine for me. He is a crabby ole mechanic and I always give him a hard time.

outta hours

I believe that things have changed. This year all gifts will need to have a declared value, and that amount will be added to your paycheck. So that taxes may be taken out just like the sales lead money.:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe that things have changed. This year all gifts will need to have a declared value, and that amount will be added to your paycheck. So that taxes may be taken out just like the sales lead money.:wink2:

I really wish people would realize that you do not lose money when you are paid for sales leads!!! UPS calculates the value of the lead and then adds the taxes to that amount so that the net amount you receive (after taxes) is the actual value of the lead.

You should research before you post.

I really wish people would realize that you do not lose money when you are paid for sales leads!!! UPS calculates the value of the lead and then adds the taxes to that amount so that the net amount you receive (after taxes) is the actual value of the lead.

You should research before you post.

I think he was joking.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Most of my customers understand that their service levels are directly correlated with my perceived levels of appreciation (conveniently expressed in dollars and cents). I keep a tip cup strapped to the DIAD for the slower ones.