I'm sick and tired of you Drivers

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The company needs to accept defeat in regards to their highly touted Pas/Edd system. Before this gem was unvailed, trucks were loaded and preloaders were sometimes gone before the drivers wandered in. Now it's packages running down the belt a 9 and piles behind every truck. it would seem to me that a few more preloaders at 9 or 10 bucks an hour would be alot more cost affective than drivers loading, running extra miles because of the late start, late air, misloads, high paid mgmnt shuttling misloads, etc. It will NEVER be ok for us to be streeted so late.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The company needs to accept defeat in regards to their highly touted Pas/Edd system. Before this gem was unvailed, trucks were loaded and preloaders were sometimes gone before the drivers wandered in.

I agree. We could leave early if we were wrapped, trucks on the same loop were next to one another and (good) loaders were encouraged to make adjustments on their own.

Ah, the good old days. We b*tched then, but had no idea what was coming.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i highly encourage my employees and drivers to grieve me if they see me loading packages. If they grieve me, i can always pass off the responsibility of it to my bosses: "see, i can't touch stuff or i'll get grieved, better let me have an extra guy"

i'll pull packages off the belt and stack them for a swamped employee, or if they go to the bathroom, but i never load a package unless my center manager is staring me down to

i'm paid to supervise and do reams of worthless paperwork that nobody looks at or cares about, not load packages for trucks that i know less about than my loaders or drivers

22.34life

i love the way these p/t sups act like they dont understand the problem with them working,they understand just fine.if there is more work than your preloaders can get done by 9 am than you need more preloaders and you know this but your friend/t wont give you anybody, so to wrap your area you work,dont play dumb.we have a contract to follow at ups and that means everybody,hourly and managment.the contract says in black and white no managment shall perform bargaining unit work,we are the bargaining unit and you are the managment,got it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i love the way these p/t sups act like they dont understand the problem with them working,they understand just fine.
we have a contract to follow at ups and that means everybody,hourly and managment.
the contract says in black and white no managment shall perform bargaining unit work,we are the bargaining unit and you are the managment,got it.

that's all well and great, but have you considered that most of management, and indeed many hourlies in right-to-work states like mine have never even read the contract (and some don't even know it exists)?

amongst my own management team, the concepts and philosophy behind the existence of a union isn't understood beyond "union bad, union make us pay money, must terminate union man soon"

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
It should all be very clear to the,E-Man Article 3 Section 7 of the contract,which I am sure he has never read nor heard of.His bosses wind him up and out he goes getting yelled at from both sides.Not an enviable position frustrated he lashes out at the union people on BC because heaven forbid he would question his superiors.That being said as an inside steward it does my heart good to know the drivers in this instance have our back and show solidarity with the loaders as union brothers.
PS Yo Upstate what is with the union Joe crack ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It should all be very clear to the,E-Man Article 3 Section 7 of the contract,which I am sure he has never read nor heard of.His bosses wind him up and out he goes getting yelled at from both sides.Not an enviable position frustrated he lashes out at the union people on BC because heaven forbid he would question his superiors.That being said as an inside steward it does my heart good to know the drivers in this instance have our back and show solidarity with the loaders as union brothers.
PS Yo Upstate what is with the union Joe crack ?

I do that for Bubbles, Green Grocer and 705Red. It is also well-known that I am a UPSer first and a Teamster by default.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Man you are quick I hit the post reply button and you are typing. We need to get Red back I was texting him this week and he said he is done with the BC

over9five

Staff member
In a way I don't blame him. The tone has definitely changed here and it is not as much fun as it used to be.

You definitely have to elaborate on that one! What do you feel has changed? Is it just starting to get "same ol', same ol'", or is it changing for the worse?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You definitely have to elaborate on that one! What do you feel has changed? Is it just starting to get "same ol', same ol'", or is it changing for the worse?

There seems to be an overall sense of negativity here and I am as guilty as the next. There have been improvements, such as the forums for retirees and management, but the union issues forum has definitely taken a turn for the worse with the way 804 has dominated the discussion.

Maybe I just need to take a break for a while.

over9five

Staff member
There seems to be an overall sense of negativity here and I am as guilty as the next. There have been improvements, such as the forums for retirees and management, but the union issues forum has definitely taken a turn for the worse with the way 804 has dominated the discussion.

Yes, but it's very easy to ignore the 804 stuff. You can tell by the thread title exactly what will be in those.

I'll ignore that last comment.....!

I'm with you there Dave the local 804 forum I mean labor forum sucks real bad. I'm not going there anymore after today.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think it would be crazy to start new forums for particular Locals. It looks like its election time for 804, they are located in Long Island, NY and have a lot of members. A lot of these posts are from new members pushing their particular slate and most of them will disappear after the ballots are counted. If we start forums for certain Locals, where would it end? Locals 705/710 in Chicago are big, do they need one too? The thread titles usually indicate subject matter, I don't read every thread that gets posted on this site.

I think it would be crazy to start new forums for particular Locals. It looks like its election time for 804, they are located in Long Island, NY and have a lot of members. A lot of these posts are from new members pushing their particular slate and most of them will disappear after the ballots are counted. If we start forums for certain Locals, where would it end? Locals 705/710 in Chicago are big, do they need one too? The thread titles usually indicate subject matter, I don't read every thread that gets posted on this site.
How about a forum called the garbage can we could put that kind of stuff there. Or how about locals junk forum for threads with a local in it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My idea was for a sub-forum within the Union Issues forum. I should have been more specific when I posted this earlier. I agree that we should not start a new forum for each local.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

That will be the longest 5 minutes of your life:peaceful: