JR UPS driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPS4Life, Dec 6, 2014.

1. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

This is a pretty cool 3 minute video if you have a chance check it out. Glad to see people appreciate what we do. Even if it is a 4 year old.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Only the 74th time I've seen it. Lol.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

I've never seen that.
  4. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

First Time I've seen it. How sweet.
  5. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

That kid's stops per hour must :censored2:ing suck. Too much face time with residential customers. He needs a ride-along and a warning letter.
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. ChrisTheBrown

ChrisTheBrown Active Member

I saw this recently..Very touching, & perhaps a tear jerker for some.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  7. MechLift

MechLift Member

I had a route today that had a little leeway time wise and I actually stood and listend to a customer for a few minutes describe a lost package situation. In the end he was all smiles not because we traced the package but because someone actually empathized and listened to his story.

So FedEx no longer treats its (P)eople well enough to provide proper (S)ervice to its custmers and then has a fit cause there isn't a (P)rofit.
  8. margaritaville

margaritaville Active Member

Its hard to avoid facetime with old people since they probably sit by there window waiting around all day. He was working at a brisk pace so UPS would like him, until he trips and gets hurt.
  9. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

I always make time to talk to old people. I don't care how much of a hurry I'm in. They are usually lonely and five minutes of your time might make their week.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  10. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

11. UPSJedi2112

UPSJedi2112 I blast Rush in my truck.

Watched the vid yesterday. Really liked it. At least there's one video out there that doesn't show us acting like fools. Poor kid is gonna be crushed when IE gets a whiff of his sweet little five stop route, and promptly cuts it. They'll probably make Mr. Ernie break the news to him. Heartless bastards.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Love it!
  13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I hope it this doesn't give every Mom out there ideas. We got enough to do.
  14. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

I saw this yesterday and was happy to see something positive about us. But like everyone, I have a million ways to caption it. Biggest one is now add snow, a thirty below windchill and let's see if the kid can get his tire chains on with frozen fingers.
    Let's also hope his Twin Hill pants don't split open first time he squats down to put those chains on!
    Really, I like the video. Very touching.
  15. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Move this thread to the worst pkg thread! Hate delivering those big toy UPS trucks! Lol
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It can be hard, especially during Peak, but I also try to take a moment whenever I have a delivery to an older person. Often times we may be the only person they see all day.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If UPS was smart this video would be turned into a TV commercial.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. DOK

DOK Active Member

Was thinking the same.
  19. 100% Trace

100% Trace New Member

Pretty cool. If you don't have kids you prob wouldn't understand the true happiness for that kid. We can all crack jokes but bottom line that kids day was made.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Yes it looks broken

Yes it looks broken New Member

Why did Mr. Ernie get put on another route?