Making UPS a career?

clean hairy

Heck no! I refuse to wake up at 7am in the morning and get done with work around 8pm every single day. No thanks. Looks like I'm off to explore other career options lol. I may end up just going to trade school for 6 months- two years and become an electrician or welder or something. How does that sound? I hear they make bank.
Most any job you find will start at 8 or 9AM, so you will have to be up early.
Unless you make a career of Wal-Mart where you able to let them know what hours and days you are willing to work.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hello everyone. I am a 16 year old male, thinking about making UPS my future career. I'm not really big on college, and don't feel like spending another 2-4 years learning something i really just do not want to learn and in lots of student debt. However, i would consider going to a trade school since it's not as long as college and alot cheaper. I was thinking about making UPS a career. I could join right out of high school and what not, and work my way up until I'm a full time driver making $30 or so an hour. Sounds like a good deal to me. I get to drive around delivering packages, all whilst making good money. I hear it takes around five years of working with UPS to become a driver, is this correct? Would i be looked down upon in society if i decided to make UPS a career instead of something fancy like a doctor or some desk job lol? I mean i really don't see the need to go to college when i could make really good money doing a job i like.
I was interested in being an OTR trucker, but figured I'd just go along with UPS and become a feeder driver one day. Seems like a perfect job.
it is a great job. take a chance and make some good money. if you don't like it , you'll have the money to travel or go to trade school. plumbers. electricians , are in short supply and make more than UPS drivers.

good luck.

novadriver

Seeing all the womens everyday, and building relationships with people is a definite plus on top of the money and benefits we don't pay for weekly, biweekly like other jobs!

Holydriver

e

Your 100% correct. That's the mindset i usually have. As long as it's a job i love doing, i really wouldn't care how much they made. But of course, i wouldn't like to be struggling and living pay check to pay check lol. UPS honestly seems like a nice job, i just cannot imagine waking up at 7am and getting off work at 8pm.

I was also thinking about being a registered nurse or something. But I'm not 100% sure. A nurse's schedule is usually pretty flexible. God.. imagine peoples faces when i tell them I'm a nurse. Would being a male nurse be considered weird?
Find am employer that doesn't constantly search for ways to fire you. Or one that sends you out to do your job then jumps into their personal vehicle and spies on you while you're working...you know, so they can use that against you to fire you. UPS is the worst employer in the world. The managers are horrible, the technology they use endangers the drivers, the work load goes up more and more each day, and about 1000 other negative things.

Don't let these drivers tell you that you're going to make $100k a year and get free insurance. You're gonna make 100k a year if you work from 830am and lunch out around 830pm Monday thru Friday. :censored2: this place. And when you order stuff, have USPS or FedEx deliver it to you

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Screw school...I'm making more than all my friends with masters and bachelors degrees...but if you don't wanna work your butt off get into the electricians Union and make more money

HardknocksUPSer

Find am employer that doesn't constantly search for ways to fire you. Or one that sends you out to do your job then jumps into their personal vehicle and spies on you while you're working...you know, so they can use that against you to fire you. UPS is the worst employer in the world. The managers are horrible, the technology they use endangers the drivers, the work load goes up more and more each day, and about 1000 other negative things.

Don't let these drivers tell you that you're going to make $100k a year and get free insurance. You're gonna make 100k a year if you work from 830am and lunch out around 830pm Monday thru Friday. :censored2: this place. And when you order stuff, have USPS or FedEx deliver it to you
If you hate your job as much as you say in this thread and all of the other threads you've said you hated it just quit big guy go find something else. Give someone who will enjoy it a chance.

ManInBrown

Yea because why would anyone want to make 90K a year to drive around and deliver packages all day? LOL. This job is so easy it's stupid. It's monotonous and at times tiring, by no means is it difficult in the least. Anyone that struggles with it is mentally weak. End of story

That being said if they were to implement a two tier wage system or make the wait for full rate something even more ridiculous than it already is, I would not recommend this job to anyone. I myself would not be willing to do it, for a penny less than what we are paid. Anyone that says or thinks we are overpaid is CLUELESS. We have no life doing this job. It takes up way to much of your time. It's not a normal job. The pay is the trade off. And that is a trade off I am willing to make. I just took delivery of my new car yesterday. 2016 Audi a5. Nice little toy. Work hard, play hard

Last edited:

Holydriver

If you hate your job as much as you say in this thread and all of the other threads you've said you hated it just quit big guy go find something else. Give someone who will enjoy it a chance.
I'm working on it. But what's it matter, they won't hire someone to fill the void anyway. Just put more work on the other drivers. You know the deal, lil fellah

Holydriver

Yea because why would anyone want to make 90K a year to drive around and deliver packages all day? LOL. This job is so easy it's stupid. It's monotonous and at times tiring, by no means is it difficult in the least. Anyone that struggles with it is mentally weak. End of story

That being said if they were to implement a two tier wage system or make the wait for full rate something even more ridiculous than it already is, I would not recommend this job to anyone. I myself would not be willing to do it, for a penny less than what we are paid. Anyone that says or thinks we are overpaid is CLUELESS. We have no life doing this job. It takes up way to much of your time. It's not a normal job. The pay is the trade off. And that is a trade off I am willing to make. I just took delivery of my new car yesterday. 2016 Audi a5. Nice little toy. Work hard, play hard
Sucks you can only drive it to AMD from work. Cuz the rest of your time is spent in a brown :censored2:wagon

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Sucks you can only drive it to AMD from work. Cuz the rest of your time is spent in a brown :censored2:wagon
What about weekends? Vacations? Hell even the drive to and from work in a nice vehicle is better. I'll be getting a new car myself and can't wait. Actually I can, since I'm waiting to see if a 2017 Acura MDX will be that much better than a 2016. If not, I'll be ok with getting this years model at 12% off the regular price. Gotta wait till Labor Day. Can't get here soon enough.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
before UPS i was driving a truck cross-country and LOVED it. the only problem was i had some kids and i was away from home 3-4 weeks at a time.

now, the big companies are begging for drivers and are willing to train. you can make about 60 grand a year to start and live in the truck and put a ton of money in the bank.

if you have no kids this would be a great job to travel and get paid for it.

Holydriver

What about weekends? Vacations? Hell even the drive to and from work in a nice vehicle is better. I'll be getting a new car myself and can't wait. Actually I can, since I'm waiting to see if a 2017 Acura MDX will be that much better than a 2016. If not, I'll be ok with getting this years model at 12% off the regular price. Gotta wait till Labor Day. Can't get here soon enough.
That's a nice piece to get

Orion inc.

I like turtles

I hope you leased. Cars like Audi and such lose so much value when bought. Unless you bought at auction. I almost leased the Audi A7 but got better terms on a Lexus. And in a few years you trade in without the maintenance costs. You can also negotiate the residual value when your lease is over so that instead of paying them money down, they sometimes pay you cash back.

Now if you drive a lot of miles it isn't for you. But I just go to and from work. Our other two cars we bought at auction and are paid off.

I did test drive an S5 that was fun as hell though. Enjoy. Audi makes great cars. Our third car is an Audi we use on the weekends every now and then and the engineering is awesome. You can find some great deals at auctions too. My brother does that professionally. He started his own company flipping high end cars like that. He does well but he's been into cars since he was 4.

I hope you leased. Cars like Audi and such lose so much value when bought. Unless you bought at auction. I almost leased the Audi A7 but got better terms on a Lexus. And in a few years you trade in without the maintenance costs. You can also negotiate the residual value when your lease is over so that instead of paying them money down, they sometimes pay you cash back.

Now if you drive a lot of miles it isn't for you. But I just go to and from work. Our other two cars we bought at auction and are paid off.

I did test drive an S5 that was fun as hell though. Enjoy. Audi makes great cars. Our third car is an Audi we use on the weekends every now and then and the engineering is awesome. You can find some great deals at auctions too. My brother does that professionally. He started his own company flipping high end cars like that. He does well but he's been into cars since he was 4.
If you have to lease it,you can't afford it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
before UPS i was driving a truck cross-country and LOVED it. the only problem was i had some kids and i was away from home 3-4 weeks at a time.

now, the big companies are begging for drivers and are willing to train. you can make about 60 grand a year to start and live in the truck and put a ton of money in the bank.

if you have no kids this would be a great job to travel and get paid for it.
How did you do that and put in 25 years as a ups feeder driver yet claim to be in your 50s? Did you start driving at 4?

Your stories get better every time you post. Being that they're all lies though