More volume for us

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Staples drivers have been told that their last day of employment is around September 7th and that all their volume is going to carriers like ups. More cases of paper coming our way.

By The Book

Staples drivers have been told that their last day of employment is around September 7th and that all their volume is going to carriers like ups. More cases of paper coming our way.
We've seen a reduction in the paper cases from both Staples and Office Depot, more work but more profit. That should make the ride a little smoother on the rougher roads.

MoarTape

Well that should be fun. There's a distribution center in Chambersburg I believe, and we get a ton of Staples volume through NewPA. I'd imagine HarPA gets a crap ton of the east coast stuff as well. We had a 500+ piece straight shot of paper going our Washington, PA center once. The receiver refused the shipment because it wasn't palletized..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had a 500+ piece straight shot of paper going our Washington, PA center once. The receiver refused the shipment because it wasn't palletized..
Boy would I hate to be the driver who made the attempt and the clerk who had to process it all.
We've seen a reduction in the paper cases from both Staples and Office Depot,
Now that you mention it, I can't remember the last time I saw cases of paper coming through. Or even had to do a damage on one. We're not big, so we don't do a lot of damages. But normally we were doing at least one damage a week on cases of paper.

By The Book

Well that should be fun. There's a distribution center in Chambersburg I believe, and we get a ton of Staples volume through NewPA. I'd imagine HarPA gets a crap ton of the east coast stuff as well. We had a 500+ piece straight shot of paper going our Washington, PA center once. The receiver refused the shipment because it wasn't palletized..
Next time ask them if they have a pallet.lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We should work out a deal with Staples where we get to keep all the damaged paper instead of sending it back to them. Think of the money we could save. All that paper could just get fed right into our printers and used to print out even more reports that no one cares about.

Box Ox

I'm envisioning preloaders telling their drivers and management that the RDR/RDL sections will forever forth be reserved for the Staples paper cases that'll hit the belt all at once every day.

Unless belt stops become a normal thing. Which, as we all know, would be unlikely.

510501.jpg

Last edited:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We should work out a deal with Staples where we get to keep all the damaged paper instead of sending it back to them. Think of the money we could save. All that paper could just get fed right into our printers and used to print out even more reports that no one cares about.
That kind of forward thinking is not appreciated here at UPS.

watdaflock?

I'm envisioning preloaders telling their drivers and management that the RDR/RDL sections will forever forth be reserved for the Staples paper cases that'll hit the belt all at once every day.

Unless belt stops become a normal thing. Which, as we all now, would be unlikely.

510501.jpg

Or stacked out under the belt until drivers arrive and help me load it all.

Great "who stopped the belt" picture!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a rural route driver get 80 cases of paper for a school. They couldn't believe it. Said it always came on pallets before. He wheeled it all the way through the school to some back room for them. Said he wAs there 2 hours.

I would of said tough :censored2: I'll leave it outside the office. You deal with it from there.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We had a rural route driver get 80 cases of paper for a school. They couldn't believe it. Said it always came on pallets before. He wheeled it all the way through the school to some back room for them. Said he wAs there 2 hours.

I would of said tough :censored2: I'll leave it outside the office. You deal with it from there.
I'm surprised they could get it all on the package car

Pooter

I like when my loader puts them on the top shelf. The amount of effort makes me smile :)

I love when they fall and I just Missed/Dmg so we both deal with it again...