Negotiating Paused

Not allegedly. Earned them while working full time at UPS. Became a pilot and aircraft mechanic too. So stupid in fact...I lasted 42 years....4 hours sleep per day for 2 years while in feeders to get my mechanics license....admittedly not too smart.

Y'all need to work on that jealousy thing....
Allegedly.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My town is voting on the notion that county retirees deserve a 5% COLA this year.
When will the Teamsters be doing the same ?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I really wish more of you guys would think about how the company is going to move the packages should a strike happen, I don't even think they will be able to get the packages in and out of the hubs in enough volume to make it worthwhile to stay operating, let alone get the hundreds of thousands of door dashers to deliver them.

UPS would have to find tens of thousands of CDL drivers to either cross and use UPS equipment or hire some companies to move the volume, those companies have contracts they have to uphold and they don't have the excess equipment or personal to move the volume.

They could also try to hire owner operators bit many of those guys are contracted out and have obligations and may not be thrilled about driving their equipment where it could be damaged.

How do they plan on overcoming these obstacles in a short time span without dramaticly overpaying for the people and companies to cross?

I am not saying they will not find some people, I am saying they would have a hard time finding enough to be viable.

Thebrownblob

I really wish more of you guys would think about how the company is going to move the packages should a strike happen, I don't even think they will be able to get the packages in and out of the hubs in enough volume to make it worthwhile to stay operating, let alone get the hundreds of thousands of door dashers to deliver them.

UPS would have to find tens of thousands of CDL drivers to either cross and use UPS equipment or hire some companies to move the volume, those companies have contracts they have to uphold and they don't have the excess equipment or personal to move the volume.

They could also try to hire owner operators bit many of those guys are contracted out and have obligations and may not be thrilled about driving their equipment where it could be damaged.

How do they plan on overcoming these obstacles in a short time span without dramaticly overpaying for the people and companies to cross?
GrubHub drivers lined up for miles

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
GrubHub drivers lined up for miles

I have read your other posts and I think we agree on the company not being able to find the people. Just wanted to comment for others.

But you still need to get the boxes there.... the trucking industry does not have the excess manpower or equipment to move our volume.

Plus are those grubhubers going to enjoy listening to people yelling at them and harassing them while they wait in long lines to get in and out, many won't have the stomach for it.

I am not sure all the Uber drivers and grubhubbers with their Nissan altimas can move enough volume to keep the system going. The whole thing would be so risky to try and stay open, they would have to massively overpay for feeders to keep moving and that's a IF they can get the people, then take a huge risk on PVDs moving enough in a hostile strike environment to stay profitable or atleast not loose a ton

That's a lot of risk

Last edited:

pkgdriver

You are not going to mother :censored2: me
C2B83EF1-2D26-4F3A-BB98-5882BFDDC7F1.gif

Thebrownblob

No one cares
Can you imagine if you said that purchasing a car is the best decision you ever made in your life? Any car? Not the relationships formed. Not the people that you’ve helped out. Not your wife, not your kids. Nope the car you bought is the best decision you ever made. That Dave. Congratulations.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Won't matter as the Company will lock you guys out.

Back in '97 we had a supervisor who had been a driver for 15 years. On the first day he came out to the picket line and basically told us not to cross. The next day they locked us out so it would have been a moot point.

We did have a couple of PTers who took advantage of the strike to verbally air their personal grievances with management. Both were gone within the next month or so after the strike ended.
Stoolie

govols019

You smell that?
Can you imagine if you said that purchasing a car is the best decision you ever made in your life? Any car? Not the relationships formed. Not the people that you’ve helped out. Not your wife, not your kids. Nope the car you bought is the best decision you ever made. That Dave. Congratulations.
His wife left him.