Negotiating Paused

Turkey sandwiches for everyone.
Deal!

sfd-11128351.jpg

qdg2

You always revert to jealousy, as if to validate yourself. It's a sad state for someone your age, to still unncomfortable in your own skin. If only you got participation trophies as a child, your mental health might be better.
Me? Revert? I was attacked by a jealous tool. A random personal attack.

Say, have we met? You sure act like it....

Remember, you started it.

Me? Revert? I was attacked by a jealous tool. A random personal attack.

Say, have we met? You sure act like it....

Remember, you started it.
Yes, you always revert (cycle back, return to) your crutch of jealousy. You think because someone doesn't like you, or isn't impressed by you, they must just be jealous. You treat everyone as if everyone is demeaning or attacking at every turn. You act like the BC is out to get you.

Clinically, these are all signs of Paranoid Personality Disorder, but I'm no clinician. Maybe your retirement insurance handles these types of mental health crises? I'm sure there are many qualified psychiatrists in your area. I hope you take your mental health seriously, best of luck.

Reddit is down so I thought I would come here and offer a little "knowledge". :)

It is obvious to me what the Company is trying to do. They agreed to the AC "concession" in order to gain public favor but the reality is that they are not required to retrofit any of the existing fleet (two vans and additional vents) but rather must install AC in any new vehicles put in to service on or after 1/1/24, which means they will order a ton of new vehicles before the end of this year and slowly integrate them in to the fleet, beginning in our southern states. BTW, do those white, motion activated fans in the roofs do anything to reduce the heat in the cargo area or are they more of a public relations optic? They appear to be attempting an end around by eliminating the 22.4's and replacing them with a greatly reduced proposed "top rate" of $32/hr (with GWI raises) for those who complete their progression or on after 8/1/23, which has led to the confusion from some younger drivers as to whether their pay will be cut $10/hr----it won't. I never understood the $10-11/hr bump when progression was completed and tried to advise those who were comfortable at their current wage to throw the "extra" in to their 401k's. As has been stated earlier, Carol Tome has identified labor as the single largest cost that the Company (and most companies) has (have) to deal with. She is 100% correct----$100K (or more) for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license is absurd. To that end, the Company has proposed significantly reducing "top rate" from $42/hr to $32.hr. While I don't see the $32/hr sticking, I do see a number in the $35-36/hr range in the final agreement. While it will take some time to "get rid of" those top rate drivers, whether through attrition, retirement or performance/production terminations, the end goal will be a much leaner operation in regard to labor cost, which will make the shareholders happy. Yes, production/performance will become even more of a "thing" in this agreement and you know that the "slugs" and "problem children" will have a target on their backs.

Amazon and FedEx Ground have both proven that the job can be adequately performed without $100K drivers.

The Company's economic proposal was a joke. 5 years of meager split raises with COLA only during the last two years is unprecedented and unacceptable. The Company saves a ton of money with split raises. I will admit that I chuckled when I read predictions from some of the more optimistic members here of annual raises in the $1-2/hr range. Well, it is pretty clear that the raises won't be anywhere near those numbers. I predict that the final numbers will be in the $.60-.75/hr area (not split) or $.80-$1/hr (split) for each year of the 5 year deal. The pensions have been bailed out----CSPF received a handout of $35B with an additional $5B to come when their supplemental application is approved----and are projected to have balances sufficient to pay benefits through at least 2051. Mine (NYST) was bailed out in late 2022----pensions restored 11/1/22 with lump sum "back pay" disbursed 3/1/23---nice rollover to my IRA. On a side note, I have to wonder if the Company will get any of the $6.1B that they paid to bailout CSPF back.

PVD's are not going anywhere. Those PC's without forward and driver facing cameras will have them installed within the first two years of this agreement. Taking pictures of all DR's without contact, which Amazon does with no issue, will become a standard method and will prove invaluable when closing out DFU's. "Stop, drop, click, roll."

I have heard talk of an additional vacation week and a paid day off for Juneteenth. Neither is going to happen.

Sean's tough guy stance may work in Boston but is going over like a ton of bricks in DC. His "48 hour mandate" is a joke. Both sides have shown their hole/hold cards. They must now work together to find common ground between the ridiculous economic proposals offered by the Company----way too low----and the Union----way too high. $60B - $9B = a lot of work to do without a whole lot of time left in which to do it. I do see them reaching a handshake agreement in principle NLT 7/10-15 with the Union agreeing to extend the current agreement beyond 7/30 until the new agreement can be reviewed and voted on at the local level. Yes, there would be "back pay" if this process extends beyond 8/1. Paychecks will not be interrupted. Life will go on.

Ryan Seacrest was not my first choice.
I don’t know if I’m missing something, however I’m reading those who enter a FT job post August 23 will get that scale. Those who are already in a FT job in progression or not seem to be out of the picture in that paragraph.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I’ll happily support our pilots. I’ve delivered to 5 of them that live in this city and every one of them have told me they support us.
Ok. But you didn’t answer the 2 main questions everyone is asking.
1. Did you sleep with any of them?
2. Why is the answer yes?

Blazian81

Reddit is down so I thought I would come here and offer a little "knowledge". :)

It is obvious to me what the Company is trying to do. They agreed to the AC "concession" in order to gain public favor but the reality is that they are not required to retrofit any of the existing fleet (two vans and additional vents) but rather must install AC in any new vehicles put in to service on or after 1/1/24, which means they will order a ton of new vehicles before the end of this year and slowly integrate them in to the fleet, beginning in our southern states. BTW, do those white, motion activated fans in the roofs do anything to reduce the heat in the cargo area or are they more of a public relations optic? They appear to be attempting an end around by eliminating the 22.4's and replacing them with a greatly reduced proposed "top rate" of $32/hr (with GWI raises) for those who complete their progression or on after 8/1/23, which has led to the confusion from some younger drivers as to whether their pay will be cut $10/hr----it won't. I never understood the $10-11/hr bump when progression was completed and tried to advise those who were comfortable at their current wage to throw the "extra" in to their 401k's. As has been stated earlier, Carol Tome has identified labor as the single largest cost that the Company (and most companies) has (have) to deal with. She is 100% correct----$100K (or more) for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license is absurd. To that end, the Company has proposed significantly reducing "top rate" from $42/hr to $32.hr. While I don't see the $32/hr sticking, I do see a number in the $35-36/hr range in the final agreement. While it will take some time to "get rid of" those top rate drivers, whether through attrition, retirement or performance/production terminations, the end goal will be a much leaner operation in regard to labor cost, which will make the shareholders happy. Yes, production/performance will become even more of a "thing" in this agreement and you know that the "slugs" and "problem children" will have a target on their backs.

Amazon and FedEx Ground have both proven that the job can be adequately performed without $100K drivers.

The Company's economic proposal was a joke. 5 years of meager split raises with COLA only during the last two years is unprecedented and unacceptable. The Company saves a ton of money with split raises. I will admit that I chuckled when I read predictions from some of the more optimistic members here of annual raises in the $1-2/hr range. Well, it is pretty clear that the raises won't be anywhere near those numbers. I predict that the final numbers will be in the $.60-.75/hr area (not split) or $.80-$1/hr (split) for each year of the 5 year deal. The pensions have been bailed out----CSPF received a handout of $35B with an additional $5B to come when their supplemental application is approved----and are projected to have balances sufficient to pay benefits through at least 2051. Mine (NYST) was bailed out in late 2022----pensions restored 11/1/22 with lump sum "back pay" disbursed 3/1/23---nice rollover to my IRA. On a side note, I have to wonder if the Company will get any of the $6.1B that they paid to bailout CSPF back.

PVD's are not going anywhere. Those PC's without forward and driver facing cameras will have them installed within the first two years of this agreement. Taking pictures of all DR's without contact, which Amazon does with no issue, will become a standard method and will prove invaluable when closing out DFU's. "Stop, drop, click, roll."

I have heard talk of an additional vacation week and a paid day off for Juneteenth. Neither is going to happen.

Sean's tough guy stance may work in Boston but is going over like a ton of bricks in DC. His "48 hour mandate" is a joke. Both sides have shown their hole/hold cards. They must now work together to find common ground between the ridiculous economic proposals offered by the Company----way too low----and the Union----way too high. $60B - $9B = a lot of work to do without a whole lot of time left in which to do it. I do see them reaching a handshake agreement in principle NLT 7/10-15 with the Union agreeing to extend the current agreement beyond 7/30 until the new agreement can be reviewed and voted on at the local level. Yes, there would be "back pay" if this process extends beyond 8/1. Paychecks will not be interrupted. Life will go on.

Ryan Seacrest was not my first choice.
ok yeah we make the money , but do any other deliver service do what we do on a daily basis, Early A.m, Next day air, Hardware, over 70, Pick up, call tag, on demand pu, Diver Follow up, monthly certifications, same day access points, cleck packages, pu damages, and sometime customer services, we do more work than any other delivery service out there so we are really under paid if you ask me, i mean yesterday i know i had at least 10k in shipping charges for package in my truck and i only made a little less than 500 smdh, so you tell me who greedy

clean hairy

Where did I mention replacement workers?

There will be a handshake early to mid July and you will continue to work under the current contract.
You promised not to post on here after retirement.
This contract does not concern you, so you are posting why?
Please live up to your promise not to post anymore!
Everyone who agrees with me, put agree....

qdg2

Yes, you always revert (cycle back, return to) your crutch of jealousy. You think because someone doesn't like you, or isn't impressed by you, they must just be jealous. You treat everyone as if everyone is demeaning or attacking at every turn. You act like the BC is out to get you.

Clinically, these are all signs of Paranoid Personality Disorder, but I'm no clinician. Maybe your retirement insurance handles these types of mental health crises? I'm sure there are many qualified psychiatrists in your area. I hope you take your mental health seriously, best of luck.
Right you're no clinician...so stfu.

Remember I didn't start this.

As always you won't own it. Eh ?

You seem to have taken the lead in the BC hate department. Particularly nasty.
A few of the others slither around....bubble up from the cesspool.

Listen....you might be more successful....productive......learn.....imagine...the ...... possibilities.

Remember I didn't start this.

The Range

In too deep
As a part-timer for life, there is zero chance I am voting yes on any contract that kneecaps future full-timers. It isn't gonna happen. See everyone on the picket line.

Fenris

ok yeah we make the money , but do any other deliver service do what we do on a daily basis, Early A.m, Next day air, Hardware, over 70, Pick up, call tag, on demand pu, Diver Follow up, monthly certifications, same day access points, cleck packages, pu damages, and sometime customer services, we do more work than any other delivery service out there so we are really under paid if you ask me, i mean yesterday i know i had at least 10k in shipping charges for package in my truck and i only made a little less than 500 smdh, so you tell me who greedy
Do you think you are even close to the only expense for those packages?

9.5mania

As a part-timer for life, there is zero chance I am voting yes on any contract that kneecaps future full-timers. It isn't gonna happen. See everyone on the picket line.
I agree with you, but UPS isn’t the first company to try this or implement it. I’ve told my guys years ago that on one of these contracts, UPS will try to eliminate pensions for new hires. Colonial pipeline did it years ago. I figured they would attack H&W before pay, guess I was wrong.