Old Time UPS.

rod

Retired 22 years
One old timer told me he'd tell the good looking girls that regulations said he couldn't let the dress out of his sight. She'd have to change right there.

I think he was kidding.....??

What a line!! That driver should get some kind of reward. Here I thought I was being a little devil just because we would positon the clip board so the good looking gal would have to bend over just right so you could get a sneak peak down her blouse. :wink2:

Leftinbuilding

What a line!! That driver should get some kind of reward. Here I thought I was being a little devil just because we would positon the clip board so the good looking gal would have to bend over just right so you could get a sneak peak down her blouse. :wink2:

Or carry extra "AOD" cards so they would have to sign again. :happy2: Course I never did this.....

Brown Rocket

I learned that low diad trick myself. I did it to a young 20ish receptionist at a clubhouse in a gated community and I am pretty sure the property manager might have noticed what I was doing as he walked out of his office. I thought nothing of it until I asked her last name. It was the same as his. She was his daughter. D'oh. Don't stare at the sun gentleman. Don't stare at the sun.

(PS - This reminds me of the trick my safety comittee taught me to remember Keep Your Eyes Moving's key phrase. When you are at the mall with your wife and you see a girl with nice "girls" in order to stay out of trouble, Scan Don't Stare.)

tarbar66

You have been retired too long. I like the more cleavage the better fashion that seems to be popular now!

Dustyroads

2250-jpg.11815

Here's a couple old timers. That's a 1979 Ford Econoline, 300 six cylinder, three on the tree, POWER STEERING, no bulkhead door, ran like a champ. And that skinny guy...well, look at that masonite clipboard that I have in my hand, notice the worn rounded corners and that it has waterstains around the edge. No clipboard holder in that rig...and the windshield leaked a little. Yeah, that's a timecard in my pocket. Yeah, the one behind the pocket protector with our name tag on it.

My on car sup had come out to do a security audit, I had the key on my finger, brake set, no bulkhead door on the thing, I was laughing at him...he took this polaroid. He says, I got you!!! I said for what, he showed me the photo, with the sign, no truck parking. He was a good guy, did 35 tough years in our building, I hated to see him retire.

I blurred the face because I'd hate anyone to recognize me and remark what I looked like when I was 30 pounds lighter!

EmerCond421

2250.jpg

Here's a couple old timers. That's a 1979 Ford Econoline, 300 six cylinder, three on the tree, POWER STEERING, no bulkhead door, ran like a champ.

My on car sup had come out to do a security audit, I had the key on my finger, brake set, no bulkhead door on the thing, I was laughing at him...he took this polaroid. He says, I got you!!! I said for what, he showed me the photo, with the sign, no truck parking.

Dusty, Did you happen to reply-Not a truck, this is a Package Car!?
:peaceful:

How about the P600 with wooden shelves. So thin that when you took you first turn, everything landed on the floor. Or, as someone said earlier, when it was so cold the pen didnt write on the paper......

Anyone remember the "AOD" label on packages? acknowledgement of delivery.....lol
it was sticker attached to the package that the receiver signed and was mailed back to the shipper as proof of delivery. When I was a driver I don't think I EVER took them off. How about "Blue Label"? It was the infancy of second day air delivery. And we really sucked at that. If someone sent a package Blue Label it was supposed to go two day air......Probably went less than 50% of the time.......